Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserve League Cup Final

Big Boy, you really are a sad man.

Why do you keep dragging Farnham Town into this thread?

Please stick to commenting about things you are knowledgable about (I know this may limit you!)

I heard from a very good sauce who was at the game both teams fielded a mixed 11 (no change there from Bedfont!) in the First Division/Reserve Cup final today.

As we are a Premier club (you see, the arguement works both ways!) obviously we only had a squad of 18 rather than 35 to pick from this year leaving us somewhat at a disadvantage.

Please, engrave Bedfont mixed 11 on the league cup this year.

We will just stick to engraving Farnham Town on the Reserve Division Championship trophy (with the best record of a team to win it may I add!)

Its not a bite but it is getting boring.

Move on man!

Over the moon with the way we played yesterday from start to finish we where on top.

People can say whatever they want me Craig and Greg took the side over with about 6 games left and went with youth and just told the to play football don't go long and played 4-3-3 and the boys have played some of the best football I've seen in years

Bedfont team

1 Alex v u17 1st app 0

2 Adam w 1st app 0

3 Alex h.1st app 15 out of 40

4 cobi j u17 1st app 0

5 Ben b 1st app0

6 Marvin w 1st app0

7 ish p u18 1st app 6

8 Sean o u18 1st app0

9 anil 1st app 0

10 jordon h 1st app 0

11 Taylor g u17 1st app 0

This team has worked very hard for weeks and whatever any of you say deserved that win.

1 player who played the 1st 15 games for the 1st team then when on holiday and didnt get back in out of about 40+ league and cup games in not a first team player.

End of the day that is from the horses mouth no sauces just fact

Bigant....from where I was I would agree with most of your comments on the game yesterday and agree on your teamsheet as I did see it. One out of your three management team yesterday was top drawer and knew what he was doing. He will go far!

Is that the one that couldn't string 2 words together last night lol

I know where this is going Bigboy so I am not goping to bite, good try but no joy I am affraid!

Unless this is not an attempt atempt at a bite and you really are naive!

Big Ant, fair play for getting the young lads in, it is definately the way forward.

Have they all played 3 senior games though? My understanding the rule is...........................

I know where this is going Bigboy so I am not goping to bite, good try but no joy I am affraid!

Big Ant, fair play for getting the young lads in, it is definately the way forward.

Have they all played 3 senior games though? My understanding the rule is...........................

You are right FOF I am an uneducated out of work homeless bum with not much idea about anything really ;)

Bigboy, I am not talking about education or status (mate, I should have so much sauce!)

I was refering to your conspiracy theory's!

Do you think the CIA or the mob killed JFK..............?

No I think it was the french

Interesting angle.

Princess Di?

I don't think she killed J.F.K. !!

:bolt:

Yes all played 3 games

The old manager had them all there but most of them where getting odd games here and there or on the bench

I was happy to pay the 5 quid entry to watch that today....

I think that was to much to pay to watch a Reserve Cup Final and not to even bother doing a programe of any sort. But like ive already said i didnt pay anyway.

Everytime i watch Bedfont Sports first team or reserves they always seem to impress me they always seem to be hard working, play for each over, never give up type of players who want to play good football and they are now the highest ranked Bedfont team and they deserve to be. I will defo pop down and watch the first team next season.

Do you think the CIA or the mob killed JFK..............?

One of them did. :granate: 552.gif

Princess Di?

Ofcourse she was bumped off 552.gif 552.gif

Edited by Savagebee

now now children there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here.

I watched the the game, and my sauce was lovely on my burger !! but that's another matter, They informed me that 6 of the starting Bedfont team were youth players and only 1 player had played more than 1 game for the 1st team. Unlike Eversley who had almost the spine of their team as 1st team regulars, one of which won CCL player of the year ??

Now I hear on this forum that Bedfont won because of flaws in the rules etc etc etc, and they only finished 10th and the teams they come up against finished higher, have any of you stopped to think that maybe they had new direction come in to get players playing in the right way and use the reserve league to blood youngsters and get players ready for 1st team football, rather than in most cases, especially in the league games, that if a 1st team (big p or little p) had no game they would put out a team full of 1st team regulars ??

From what I see with the youngsters that Bedfont have coming through and the set up they have in place they will be a team to reckon with for years to come.

Bedfont played by far the better football yesterday and were deserved winners, in fact the score should have been more.

now this is the best post on here for a long time, common sense an only the original player who played for firsts an reserves played but obviously one man makes a team

You have hit the nail on the head BB.

I suspect Bedfont were like masturbating scarecrows (clutching at straws) when they first appealed but they have been transparant by putting the player on the teamsheet.

I also think if they has read up on the rules more thoroughly they would not have played the player.

But your right, the rules do say Premier not first team games which I think is obvious, but as the FA have correctly pointed out, can be misleading.

If the rules had been written correctly we would not be having this conversation.

Wish I had done it 2 years ago when we got smashed by Eversley in the semi final!

We were awful!

may i point out that was involved was playing for the reserves had been for a while as he was no longer being selected in the first eleven. So regardless of games played etc, he was hardly put in as a world beater so that the greedy bedfont could steel the trophy. i havent read the recent stuff on this subject but the final was won comfortably by Bedfont with Eversley fielding the league 1 player of the season and the first team captain. Ooh your so bad eversley breaking the rules (not). Guess what bedfont didnt play 1 current first teamer. Maybe ur just a little bitter? C u nxt season in the premier!

Congratulations to Bedfont Sports reserves. Unforatunately I was unable to attend the game, but from what I've been told it was a well deserved win.

We had a few players unavailable and hence the need to bring in a couple of first team players. Not an excuse for the result, just a clarification as to why a couple of first team players played.

Shame we weren't able to complete another good season with the reserve cup, but pleased for everyone involved at Bedfont Sports. Sounds like they have a lot of good youngsters coming through the ranks.

Pleased the season is finally over and looking forward to trying to achieve our goal of promotion next season.

Congratulations to Bedfont Sports reserves. Unforatunately I was unable to attend the game, but from what I've been told it was a well deserved win.

We had a few players unavailable and hence the need to bring in a couple of first team players. Not an excuse for the result, just a clarification as to why a couple of first team players played.

Shame we weren't able to complete another good season with the reserve cup, but pleased for everyone involved at Bedfont Sports. Sounds like they have a lot of good youngsters coming through the ranks.

Pleased the season is finally over and looking forward to trying to achieve our goal of promotion next season.

a great post danielpjn....both teams played very well in the final....in fact i personally thought it was a better match then the Div 1 cup final at windsor!

Was at the game on Saturday for a glorious day for football, although I'm glad I was watching and not playing in that heat!

Bottom line, Bedfont were superb Eversley were woeful at best!! Bedfont were younger, fitter, hungrier and played some fantastic football. Eversley on the otherhand just didn't turn up. The scoreline doesn't quite reflect the game though.....Bedfont should have scored double figures!!

Not getting into the debate about how many 1st team players were involved as this is now irrelevant. I've seen both 1st teams a couple of times this season and could only recognise one or two in each squad. Matt Baker played but don't had no impact on the game at all, he was already on his holiday by the look if it.

Officials were good, although one of the assistants just couldn't keep up with play and therefore got quite a few decisions wrong....in the end the referee was over ruling him so fair play.

I think the frustrations on the field got to the Eversley bench in the second half as one if their guys just seemed adamant on rowing with the 4th official and at one point even I told him to shut up as he was talking nonsense. The guy was a joke and a complete disgrace and should of been sent off if the referee was aware of the foul and abusive language being directed at the 4th official and nearby linesman.....at one point he was even nose to nose with the 4th. The thug clearly knew nothing about football. Big Ant on the other hand was very well behaved, lol!!

Edited by Chubby Brown

Was at the game on Saturday for a glorious day for football, although I'm glad I was watching and not playing in that heat!

Bottom line, Bedfont were superb Eversley were woeful at best!! Bedfont were younger, fitter, hungrier and played some fantastic football. Eversley on the otherhand just didn't turn up. The scoreline doesn't quite reflect the game though.....Bedfont should have scored double figures!!

Not getting into the debate about how many 1st team players were involved as this is now irrelevant. I've seen both 1st teams a couple of times this season and could only recognise one or two in each squad. Matt Baker played but don't had no impact on the game at all, he was already on his holiday by the look if it.

Officials were good, although one of the assistants just couldn't keep up with play and therefore got quite a few decisions wrong....in the end the referee was over ruling him so fair play.

I think the frustrations on the field got to the Eversley bench in the second half as one if their guys just seemed adamant on rowing with the 4th official and at one point even I told him to shut up as he was talking nonsense. The guy was a joke and a complete disgrace and should of been sent off if the referee was aware of the foul and abusive language being directed at the 4th official and nearby linesman.....at one point he was even nose to nose with the 4th. The thug clearly knew nothing about football. Big Ant on the other hand was very well behaved, lol!!

Thanx chubby

I am loving being back at bedfont and have taken a step back and I am not getting involved like before and the boys are taking everything on board and the results are there for all to see.

Only 2 of the bedfont boys have played for the 1sts this season but that was right at the start