Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures?

Ftfc

Tough start for both sides there! Will be interesting to see how Guernsey perform against what you would imagine will be one of the stronger sides in the division.

edit - forgot season starts on 4th Aug, so I guess this would be the second fixture.

Edited by TRS

Hard to call don.t know what players have left or stayed as we have not had Friendly yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guernsey early fixtures:

Sat 4 Aug H. CROYDON

Tue 7 Aug a. Camberley Town

Sat 11 Aug H. FELTHAM (EL Records Premier Challenge Cup)

Sat 18 Aug H. EGHAM TOWN

Tue 21 Aug a. Cove

Sat 25 Aug a. Dorking (subject to Dorking not being involved in FA Cup)

Mon 27 Aug a. Horley Town (subject to Horley Town not being involved in FA Cup Replay that week)

Sat 1 Sep a. Crowborough Athletic (FA Vase – 1st Qualifying Round)

Sat 8 Sep a. Ash United (subject to Ash not being involved in FA Cup, nor Guernsey being involved in FA Vase replay)

Sat 15 Sep H. Farnham Town (or H. Farnham or Kent Football United in FA Vase)

Sat 22 Sep H. COLLIERS WOOD UNITED (subject to CWU not being involved in FA Cup)

Tue 25 Sep a. Sandhurst Town (subject to Sandhurst Town not being involved in FA Cup replay)

Sat 29 Sep a. Chessington & Hook United

Edited by TRS

I know of one player of note that Egham have lost.... ;)

For what it's worth I'm glad we aren't visiting Guernsey just yet. It would obviously be a tough fixture and to go there first up is a really tough ask for Croydon.

It looks like much of Guernsey's travelling will be midweek and this will be their biggest test. Camberley away on 7th August is a very interesting measuring yardstick for both teams.

Edited by E&E Ed

I know of one player of note that Egham have lost.... ;)

For what it's worth I'm glad we aren't visiting Guernsey just yet. It would obviously be a tough fixture and to go there first up is a really tough ask for Croydon.

It looks like much of Guernsey's travelling will be midweek and this will be their biggest test. Camberley away on 7th August is a very interesting measuring yardstick for both teams.

Dale Marvell Moving Ship?

Can't wait for Croydon to visit 1st game of season

TWO FACE you going over to Guernsey for your first game with your beloved Croydon or you supporting AFC Croydon Athletic this season ? ......so spoilt for choice ..... ;) !

FACELESS ONE,why would I travel to Guernsey to watch any game.Firstly the cost is exhorbitant,as Farnborough and Leatherhead found out,after they had offered to play Guernsey pre season.Guernsey have wised up financially which is good for them,only Home friendlies so they can make a nice profit.Not even an away friendly,saving further expense.They are quids even before the season starts,they no longer have to get teams onside,now they are part of the Pyramid.There was a quote somewhere mentioning the reliability of ENGLISH CLUBS by them,which backs up your quote about them being a National Side.A little bit,like Andy Murray,British when he loses,Scottish when he wins.

Ash United published fixtures so far (FA CUp/Vase, Surrey Senior Cup and CCL early fixtures)

THE FA CUP WITH BUDWEISER EXTRA PRELIMINARY ROUND

SATURDAY 11 AUGUST 2012 – 3.00

Downton v Ash United

THE FA CUP WITH BUDWEISER PRELIMINARY ROUND

SATURDAY 25 AUGUST 2012 – 3.00

Blackfield & Langley or AFC Portchester v Downton or Ash United

THE FA CARLSBERG VASE FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING

SATURDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2012 – 3.00

Ash United v Knaphill

THE FA CARLSBERG VASE SECOND ROUND QUALIFYING

SATURDAY 15 SEPTEMBER 2012 – 3.00

Ash United or Knaphill v Saltdean United or Banstead Athletic

Surrey Saturday Senior Cup

Saturday 24 October 2012 - 3:00pm

Round 1

Ash United F.C. VS Ashford Town (Middx) FC

Surrey Saturday Senior Cup

Saturday 5 December 2012 - 3:00pm

Round 2

AFC Wimbledon VS Ash United F.C. or Ashford Town (Middx) FC

Other Early Games

Combined Counties Premier League

Saturday 8 September 2012 3:00pm

Ash United v Guernsey (subject to Ash not being involved in FA Cup, nor Guernsey being involved in FA Vase replay)

Just for information, here is a copy of a memo sent to Club Secretaries earlier today. The contents are self explanatory.

I have been advised this morning that the release of the Southern League fixtures is to be delayed from Friday 13 to Wednesday 18 July, due to a bereavement within the family of their fixture compiler. I understand that the Ryman League use the same compiler so I am fully expecting a similar announcement from them.

This obviously has repercussions upon the release of our fixtures, not to mention the fact that I had cleared all my schedules to start solidly on ours on 13 July.

My intention now is still to work to a deadline of 23 July but if I cannot complete ours by then, which is now unlikely, I will release the opening 2-3 weeks initially and then the remainder as soon as they are complete

My deepest sympathies to the family of the fixture compiler. I am sure that football fixtures are far from the thoughts of the compiler at this time.

Without wishing to sound horrible, could the fixtures not be compiled by a relief compiler/assistant instead? That way, clubs will be able to receive their allocated fixtures a.s.a.p and it takes pressure off the compiler to 'get the job done by date x' during what is, understandably, a very difficult time.

Southern League fixtures out next Wednesday, same date as Midland Alliance and West Midlands Premier.

I presume the 1st Division games will be out tomorrow as well?