Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Overheard At Yate v Gloucester Tonight: Jimmy Saville To Be Investigated By Police

I'm sure all their victims will thank you personally for your thoughts Rhodes

Karen - What can the victims do though, even if they try to claim compensation from the deceased estate, in this case Jimmy Saville's (allegedly), it won't erase the memory and will no doubt result in bogus claimants coming out of the woodwork. Like I said why not just let sleeping dogs lie.

If Gary Glitter dies tomorrow then fair enough as we already know he's a paedo but I'm not so sure about Jimmy Saville and if he had have been then it would have come out long before now.

• 1 month later...

If Gary Glitter dies tomorrow then fair enough as we already know he's a paedo but I'm not so sure about Jimmy Saville and if he had have been then it would have come out long before now.

I suppose you'll be looking forward to Wednesday Night's documentary on ITV then Rhodesy.

i just wonder if the abuse of Hollie Greig will be followed up by the media in the same way.

Even if the rumours about Jimmy Saville are true, which I'm sure they're not, then so what as look at all the money he raised for Charity, you can't knock him can you.

http://holliegreig.info/ - about Hollie Greig.

Alan, with respect mate, I think this story has the potential to sell a lot of advertising space.

http://holliegreig.info/ - about Hollie Greig.

Alan, with respect mate, I think this story has the potential to sell a lot of advertising space.

If only that was true, unfortunately downs syndrome combined with paedophilia makes most people extremely uncomfortable. I hope Hollie gets the justice she deserves but is it fair that her life is allowed to be scrutinised by the public?

Hollie Greig is an appalling case which seems to have been closed down at the highest level, not sure where it has to go given the rank corruption of the authorities in place.

Not sure but you'd imagine the case against Savile to be impossible to forensically prove or disprove but if testimony is all that is left people can judge for themselves what regard they hold for him in their memories. With the BBC denying all knowledge of what was said by some to be an open secret but proof that Savile lied about his presence at the infamous car home in Jersey there's a lot of smoke and we all know our favourite numpty's thoughts on that don't we?

Hollie Greig is an appalling case which seems to have been closed down at the highest level, not sure where it has to go given the rank corruption of the authorities in place.

Not sure but you'd imagine the case against Savile to be impossible to forensically prove or disprove but if testimony is all that is left people can judge for themselves what regard they hold for him in their memories. With the BBC denying all knowledge of what was said by some to be an open secret but proof that Savile lied about his presence at the infamous car home in Jersey there's a lot of smoke and we all know our favourite numpty's thoughts on that don't we?

I read today that Savile gave an interview saying that he thought Gary Glitter had done nothing wrong as the images found on his computer was solely for his own consumption. Apparently the interview is included in Wednesday nights programme. Obviously he had no sympathy for the victims being abused and failed to understand that without perverts willing to pay for those images less children would have been abused because there wouldn't be a market for such filth.

If surgical or chemical castration would help put a stop to this kind of behavior then IMO it would be a reasonable thing to consider.

I read today that Savile gave an interview saying that he thought Gary Glitter had done nothing wrong as the images found on his computer was solely for his own consumption. Apparently the interview is included in Wednesday nights programme. Obviously he had no sympathy for the victims being abused and failed to understand that without perverts willing to pay for those images less children would have been abused because there wouldn't be a market for such filth.

If surgical or chemical castration would help put a stop to this kind of behavior then IMO it would be a reasonable thing to consider.

Yes - read that too. Also Esther Rantzen, co-founder of Childline has come out of the woodwork stating that there were rumours during her time at the Beeb. Heartening that she did so much at the time to help police investigate while it might have done some good....

Success I understand with chemical castration has had mixed results. Doubt you'd get surgical past the European Court of Human Rights, they're never too keen on mutilation...

Yes - read that too. Also Esther Rantzen, co-founder of Childline has come out of the woodwork stating that there were rumours during her time at the Beeb. Heartening that she did so much at the time to help police investigate while it might have done some good....

I quite agree Loose !

Why didn't Esther R and the others at the BBC speak out at the time ? CHILDLINE ? What a joke !!

I know it's easy to castigate the dead, but how much power did ther BBC have ?

Success I understand with chemical castration has had mixed results. Doubt you'd get surgical past the European Court of Human Rights, they're never too keen on mutilation...

In principle I'm a fan of a great deal of human rights legislation, but the PC brigade seem to want to push it towards unacceptable boundaries. IMO anyone that commits a serious act of violence should only be granted the bare minimum of protection.

With regards to Hollie Grieg, I would imagine a successful prosecution would be most unlikely without witnesses or DNA as unfortunately the quality and credibility of her evidence would probably be called into question because of her condition.