Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Overheard At Yate v Gloucester Tonight: Jimmy Saville To Be Investigated By Police

When you cross the line of what is acceptable and decent, you lose your human rights imho.

I believe in human rights, yes, but I strongly advocate human RESPONSIBILITIES too.

I quite agree Loose !

Why didn't Esther R and the others at the BBC speak out at the time ? CHILDLINE ? What a joke !!

I know it's easy to castigate the dead, but how much power did ther BBC have ?

When you hear things like this it makes you feel that there is a point to an investigation, although anecdotal, corroboration is damning enough to tar anyone who will have facilitated any wrong doing - and no-one gets away with a high level of abuse without open help and people looking the other way, although Esther is too fragrant and copper bottomed to be damaged - there will be a point to this. In fact I'd be highly suspicious of anyone NOT wanting this cleared up!

Childline and the NSPCC do a lot of good in protecting children, but even they could do more and they themselves are far from perfect:

http://www.theopinionsite.org/is-the-nspcc-being-dishonest-in-order-to-get-our-money/

I have given money through various fund-raising activities to the NSPCC, but on the last occasion they misquoted the amount of money I had raised (£5,000) by saying that I had raised £4,800. I asked about the extra £200 and never got an answer....

That's one assumption Basil, but even I take some of what Alex Jones, David Icke etc. say with a pinch of salt.

We'll probably never know the truth behind what happens at these organisations, and if there is illegal activity taking place there.

One thing I will say about the NSPCC, from personal experience, is that they don't always act when they should. There is a couple near where I live in Gloucester who are swingers (quite open about it) and they've gone off for days at a time leaving their kids at home on their own. Now, I and others have informed plod, social workers and the NSPCC and nothing's been done about it. NSPCC won't do anything about it at all, and these kids are getting to be pretty messed up (one of them has got into trouble for 'inappropriately touching a class-mate') despite being 4 and 5.

Another Beeb employee comes out of the woodwork to say they all knew about it, they didn't do anything about it because it would have damaged Savile's Charity work. I wonder how they priced the abuse of a child.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/jimmy-savile-used-charity-work-to-hide-sex-life-claims-dj-paul-gambaccini-1-4979182

Another Beeb employee comes out of the woodwork to say they all knew about it, they didn't do anything about it because it would have damaged Savile's Charity work. I wonder how they priced the abuse of a child.

http://www.yorkshire...ccini-1-4979182

If the BBC have any sense of decency anyone that say they knew or suspected what was going on, should never ever work for them again.

I see that Paul Gambaccini supposedly had a good idea from day one of what was going on but claims Saville was 'untouchable' which he was:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-paul-gambaccini-waiting-1353802

Matthew Wright, as much as I can't stand the odious little man, had a great point in today's show:

'If Esther Rantzen and Paul Gambiaccini knew about what was going on, but did nothing to stop it, surely they are complicit in this as well?'

interesting to read a article in todays Daily Mail regarding Savilles 'Crimes', thats funny i never knew he had a criminal record or has enough mud now been thrown that we can all universally agree that he raped young girls.personally i couldnt abide the odious creep and it wouldnt surprise me at all if he was guilty of the crimes hes ALLEGED to have committed but can we please recognize that people getting paid hard cash to appear in a tacky television programme are not the most reliable of witnesses.

Don't know who else actually watched the programme last night but there's little doubt now that Savile was attracted to and abused underaged girls although not in actual fact by the definition a pedophile. Haven't seen anything to say that any of the contributors were paid, be interesting to see a source if anyone has.

oh they will all come out of the woodwork now-selling their tacky stories to the gutter press,how jim fixed it for me-to get a STD,i can just see the headlines. personally i think saville was a nuance but i express that as a opinion not a fact,last nights programme just retold a load of ancient rumours by people with a vested interest good to see Esther Rantzen produce her 'bleeding heart' routine though.

And it now seems, (reading between the lines), that a certain notorious 'pop-singer' with a taste for GADDing about in far eastern countries and who wears/wore a wig may well be implicated as well.

No surprise there, then !!

Having watched the programme I was left slightly aghast by the status and power that Jimmy Saville had at the BBC and the fact that no one felt they could report him for what would appear from the programme to be more that insinuations.

Nothing with the BBC amazes me - I'm sure there's a few stories about Graham Norton, Frankie Boyle etc. waiting to be told as well.

It's always easier to attack a dead person (rightly or wrongly) as they can't sue.

Having seen the documentary, it is quite chilling, but I am amazed that so many people are speaking out now and not years ago (Janet Street-Porter, bow your head in shame).

Ultimately, there is only one man who knows the truth - and he is no longer around. His name is Jimmy Saville.

Nothing with the BBC amazes me - I'm sure there's a few stories about Graham Norton, Frankie Boyle etc. waiting to be told as well.

It's always easier to attack a dead person (rightly or wrongly) as they can't sue.

Having seen the documentary, it is quite chilling, but I am amazed that so many people are speaking out now and not years ago (Janet Street-Porter, bow your head in shame).

Ultimately, there is only one man who knows the truth - and he is no longer around. His name is Jimmy Saville.

If you watched 'Question Time' last night, you would have seen J.S-P give very good reasons why she, (at the time), kept quiet and I can quite understand her reasoning. I am not usually a supporter of the afore-mentioned lady, but I thought that last night she was excellent.

She did go on to say that there is another high-profile person still working at the Beeb who could well be implicated !!

Watch this space ????

Edited by Big J R

Interesting stuff there John!

I did hear about a star being implicated but assumed it was Freddie Starr (something brewing about him losing a libel case?)