Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor Budget Cut/Scott Resigns

Windsor Rebel

Have to say i agree with everything Kevin Stott has said in the local paper! Getting the club up and running in the best way is far more important than winning the league! I'll certainly continue to support the club!!

100% agree Sparksy. Totally agree with what Kevin says. Last season was great but end of the day we didn't get promoted. We need to build and invest in the foundation of our club. I'm really excited that this is next step to building a true community club with young players in Windsor seeing a clear path to playing for their home town team. The likes of Ben, George and Lazza have shown their is talent in the town others need to see the path. And last season showed me you don't need big budgets to do well in this division. I do want to thank Keith and Jim for their hard work and applaud all players for their unstinting efforts, but i firmly believe this is the right decision for the future of our club and I think there are a lot of other clubs that may think long and hard and follow our approach.

Indeed. I think people Kevin hit the nail on the head, maybe somewhere along the line some had lost sight of what is important, having a successful football club or having a successful team, the 2 don't always have to be linked.

This is a exiting new chapter for the club and I believe most if not all supporters will be firmly behind the new club ethos.

The problem is though, will Windsor be able to maintain a successful first team in the CCL Premier without having paid players on board?

I would imagine that most players at that level will want some form of remuneration, so why stay and play for free?

Also, do you not think that your crowds will drop off this season if you are not winning?

Windsor Rebel - good points. The majority of teams in the Combined Counties do not remunerate their players, so although we may not be challenging for promotion I think we can certainly be looking at a midtable/lower midtable finish. Having a solid 10 points on the board already obviously helps. Regarding crowds I agree about possibly not winning, but we're a pretty loyal bunch and we've been through a lot over the years and stood by the club (Windsor & Eton/Windsor FC) and I think a lot of the supporters are for this move so will continue to support. The 'new' support you attract when winning I think we will actually maintain in a weird kind of way, because the more local players we have, the more their families/friends come down to watch, so I see a lot of those compensating for any lost support through not winning. Our recent youth team game had 50 or so supporters watching as an example of friends/families coming down to watch their sons/friends play.

Krusty Baker - if that is true, I think that is a wise and shrewd appointment. Great knowledge of local football.

I've been popping down to Windsor for the last 20 years but over the last season and a bit I've been pretty regular home and away where possible as I like the atmosphere there. I'll still be there no matter what as the model Kev and Geggy have talked about is very much part of my philosophy as well. I'll be there Saturday and wherever possible in the weeks to come.

Having seen the cameos of the youth players on Saturday I'm tempted to pop up to Chesham on Thursday for the youth Cup

First post on here for me though a long time lurker. I'm that big Northern bloke who keeps giving Rotherham programmes to the club shop to sell. Brothers a season ticket holder at Rotherham but I'm Barnsley originally though since I've been down here visits are few and far between

100% agree Sparksy. Totally agree with what Kevin says. Last season was great but end of the day we didn't get promoted. We need to build and invest in the foundation of our club. I'm really excited that this is next step to building a true community club with young players in Windsor seeing a clear path to playing for their home town team. The likes of Ben, George and Lazza have shown their is talent in the town others need to see the path. And last season showed me you don't need big budgets to do well in this division. I do want to thank Keith and Jim for their hard work and applaud all players for their unstinting efforts, but i firmly believe this is the right decision for the future of our club and I think there are a lot of other clubs that may think long and hard and follow our approach.

The budget was the same last season as it is this season, not a small budget

First and foremost this is the absolute right decision!!!! The idea behind the club is a self sustaining future and if we are all honest with ourselves deep down, we knew we would not be able to sustain the budget for the team we have currently long term without these plans for revenue streams taking place.

As for the rest of this season it is going to be one hell of a struggle with no playing budget regardless of what anyone thinks!!! But the points and goal difference we have so far could make one hell of a difference come the end of the season. I personally think we will be lucky to keep any of the squad we currently have but if I had a choice of who to keep it would be Gouldy and Ben Harris purely for the fact that 1) they are good players who we may have a chance of keeping despite to cut in budget. 2) They are the ethos of the club going forward being local lads too!!!

Whatever happens good luck to the new management team for the rest of the season and I will be on the terrace supporting the team.

Indeed.

But it's all rather exciting isn't it!?

Can't wait for the Season Part 2 to start.

I feel a bit odd about this Saturday though. For some reason I'm in 2 minds about going. A mix of emotions.

But I'm sure I will.

HP9 I think you've missed my point. The context of my prior post was other teams in this dividion who had either nominal or no budgets proved you don't need big budgets to do well in this division.

Ahh! I understand your meaning Geggy

I have know Kevin for several years, and feel sure he has done exactly the right thing.

If you plough all your budget into a team, then at the end of the day it is the CLUB that will suffer.

I genuinely wish you all well for the rest of the season. J.R.

Its a

Very interesting posts, its a shame these posts are not on the Fans Focus forum 'cos they are comments which verify what I have been saying on Fans Focus..

Geggy, Sparks you don't need a massive budget to win the CCL Premier league certainly not £1800 a week thats for sure, so really Windsor should have walked this league last season, but came away with winning nothing.

Perhaps not getting promoted having spent all that money, someone, the chairman, has seen the light and is now concentrating on the club as opposed to getting promotion. I have said on Fan Focus forum, you could have had a decent tean having cut last seasons budget in half and save the second half for this season which would have got Windsor there or therabouts last season and this season, whilst still building a true community foorball club as Windsor are starting to do now.

Last seasons budget well spent......? I leave that with the honest Windsor supporters to reply........ ;) !

The budget was the same last season as it is this season, not a small budget

HP9 I have been saying this all along, but everyone was in denial up until the Windsor Chairman admitted it towards the end of last season. Please Windsor supporters take off those rose tinted glasses. I wonder if your Chairman would kindly comment if he would have taken the same steps as he's taken has Windsor won promotion last season ?

. .

Archived