Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC - The New Squad

Rother

So, it's been said that George is staying and Lazza is coming back - plus Micky will presumably give a chance to some of the other youngsters he knows and trusts, but who else is staying and who, from his big book of contacts, might he persuade to come into his fledgling squad for Monday's game and beyond.

Facts, speculation and rumours all welcome!

Smudge, we will have enough players signed on under the requirements for eligibility for either scenario.

Thanks for your support, we all know it's the right decision and the club will be all the stronger because of it.

Well said, Steve.

I may well come and watch you guys against Egham on Monday 'cos that will be a good test for your youngsters and how they would fair in the CCL as Egham are much fancied this season, and wouldn't it be strange to see Houghton and Ellis playing for Egham ;) !....., but lets see how you get on today first.

Good Luck !

Mark Banfry was at the game today so it seems reasonable to think he will be 'keeper.

Happy with that - good shot stopper.

(Assuming Rob goes which appears certain from his comments in the week.)

Anyone picked up any gossip at the game today?

Edited by Rother

Chris Ellis & Jamie Houghton will not be playing for Egham tomorrow but will be joining them after the game as agreed between the two clubs.

Speculation about players is pointless, Mick has been a busy man signing players this weekend with some names you'll know and some you won't and, no doubt, further changes over the coming weeks.

Whatever happens the team will be competitive but will of course need a few games to settle down and show their best so please be patient.

So if players have been signed, can those names not be released?

It wouldn't be speculation, just information.

Given the unusual nature of the situation and the fact there may be others signed in the next 24hrs I don't think it would be fair to name names just now but once we get the game out of the way then yes we can publicise all the new signings.

What I will say is that certain local clubs in higher leagues who've shown no willingless to help us out in the past are suddenly very keen to do so now, make of that what you will !

Talk to me at the game tomorrow and I'll explain in more detail.

Rumour has it that twinkle toes Dave Tilbury and Fergus Moore are returning for experience tio help the youngsters ;) !!

Maybe they are, maybe they're not, but having those two around playing for nothing to help the younger players bed in then fantastic.

Given the unusual nature of the situation and the fact there may be others signed in the next 24hrs I don't think it would be fair to name names just now but once we get the game out of the way then yes we can publicise all the new signings.

What I will say is that certain local clubs in higher leagues who've shown no willingless to help us out in the past are suddenly very keen to do so now, make of that what you will !

Talk to me at the game tomorrow and I'll explain in more detail.

Ok, thanks.

Whatever / whoever, it's bizarre but although we'll do well to avoid a spanking, I'm really excited at seeing who pulls on the red jerseys tomorrow night.

Another new era / never a dull moment etc.!