Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 15th September Fixtures, Results

FC Romania are an embarrassment to football. Two red cards, a cynical foul on Redford who is on his way to hospital, players throwing themselves on the floor in agony if somebody breathed on them, accusing the officials of taking bribes....why are clubs like this allowed to partake in prestigious competitions? Farcical day at Lowfield. This isn't football.

Any news on Ryan, Jonno?

Shine taken off today's goal fest today Karen with a leg breaker on Redford #ying #yang

Hope he's alright. Hope you secretary writes them up and the red supports you. Agree totally with your rant

Great win for Tring Corries against Rhodes' prediction to walk over every team in that div seems maybe try will have to do more than just turn up. Well done to Simon L and his lads

Saturday 15th September

FA CARLSBERG VASE Second Round Qualifying

2-6 Feltham v Hanwell Town

A great game of footy today loads of chances for both teams but we had more chances :P and we should have won by more goals we deserved the win.

Onwards and Upwards for the Town!

Thats 5 wins in a row now hurray2.gif

Good luck to Feltham for the rest of the season a nice club.

Edited by Savagebee

Saturday 15th September

4-2 Amersham Town v Carterton

1-0 Barking v London Tigers

1-3 Biggleswade United v Colney Heath

3-2 Cockfosters v AFC Kempston Rovers

2-0* Codicote v Langford

1-2 Cranfield United v Berkhamsted

0-4 Haringey Borough v Hadley

2-2* Hertford Town v Crawley Green

1-2 Hillingdon Borough v Clapton

7-0 Hoddesdon Town v Football Club Romania

0-6 Holmer Green v Witney Town

3-0 Holyport v Winslow United

5-2 Oxhey Jets v Bedfont Sports

1-2 Potton United v Hatfield Town

0-3 St Margaretsbury v London Lions

3-2 Thame United v Buckingham Athletic

4-1 Wembley v London Colney

PREMIER DIVISION

2-1 AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic

3-2 Aylesbury United v Harefield United

1-2 Leverstock Green v Ampthill Town

2-2 Stotfold v Dunstable Town

DIVISION ONE

4-1 Kings Langley v Bedford

2-2 Southall v Wodson Park

1-3 Sun Postal Sports v Harpenden Town

0-0 Welwyn Garden City v Kentish Town

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP First Round

3-1 Aston Clinton v Buckingham Town

2-1 Chalfont Wasps v Chesham United Reserves

4-5 Loughton Manor v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

2-7 MK Titans v Hale Leys United

2-0 Mursley United v City Colts (@ City Colts)

2-0 New Bradwell St Peter v Bedgrove Dynamos

0-2 Slough Heating v Holmer Green Reserves

6-2 Stony Stratford Town v Newport Pagnell Town Reserves

1-0 Wolverton Town v Old Bradwell United

DIVISION TWO

0-2 Aylesbury Reserves v Tring Corinthians

0-0 Broxbourne Borough v The 61FC (Luton)

2-1 Risborough Rangers v Kent Athletic

2-1 Totternhoe v Caddington

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

3-1 AFC Dunstable Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

3-0 Hadley Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

3-1 Kent Athletic Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

2-3 Langford Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves

3-1 London Colney Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

0-0 London Lions Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

2-3 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Oxhey Jets Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

2-4 Ampthill Town Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

0-3 Buckingham Athletic Reserves v Sun Postal Sports Reserves

2-4 Harpenden Town Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

5-0 Hatfield Town Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

2-4 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Totternhoe Reserves

1-2 Tring Corinthians Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

1-0 Winslow United Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

All about cockfosters best team in league

Certainly look to be a quality outfit this year. Got them soon it's near my gaff so I'll pop over although I expect it'll be grim viewing for me

Saturday 15th September

A great game of footy today loads of chances for both teams but we had more chances :P and we should have won by more goals we deserved the win.

Onwards and Upwards for the Town!

Thats 5 wins in a row now hurray2.gif

Good luck to Feltham for the rest of the season a nice club.

:loveshower: 5 in row loving that boys :406:

FC Romania are an embarrassment to football. Two red cards, a cynical foul on Redford who is on his way to hospital, players throwing themselves on the floor in agony if somebody breathed on them, accusing the officials of taking bribes....why are clubs like this allowed to partake in prestigious competitions? Farcical day at Lowfield. This isn't football.

I could not agree with you more. I was a neutral at the game (Yes, I know, a sad groundhopper) and found their conduct awful. From the word go they were cynically fouling, (Different foulers every time), playacting and their bench were appealing for everything that wasn't theres and protesting when things went against them. I thought the ref handled it well as did the Hoddesdon players who kept their heads. To be fair I thought the foul that injured the forward for the penalty was not cynical, just the keeper was outdone by the lads pace when he had the ball nicked off him. Definate foul and red card, just not sure if there was malice or the keeper was a bit cumbersome.

Not sure I have ever seen 2 keepers from the same team sent off before!!

I hope the FA had a delegate at the game, as someone needs to have a word in Fc Romania's ears re their conduct.

In the end it was a bit farcical, Hoddesdon could have ended up with about 10.

Hope the injured fella is okay.

Edited by Ian H

players throwing themselves on the floor in agony if somebody breathed on them,

They did the same against Southall last season.

I could not agree with you more. I was a neutral at the game (Yes, I know, a sad groundhopper) and found their conduct awful. From the word go they were cynically fouling, (Different foulers every time), playacting and their bench were appealing for everything that wasn't theres and protesting when things went against them. I thought the ref handled it well as did the Hoddesdon players who kept their heads. To be fair I thought the foul that injured the forward for the penalty was not cynical, just the keeper was outdone by the lads pace when he had the ball nicked off him. Definate foul and red card, just not sure if there was malice or the keeper was a bit cumbersome.

Not sure I have ever seen 2 keepers from the same team sent off before!!

I hope the FA had a delegate at the game, as someone needs to have a word in Fc Romania's ears re their conduct.

In the end it was a bit farcical, Hoddesdon could have ended up with about 10.

Hope the injured fella is okay.

Upon reflection, the challenge on Ryan was more clumsy than malicious and I agree with the above post. However, it has to be said that it had been comin the entire game with Romania making reckless challenges but throwing themselves to the floor when being hustled themselves. The keeper went to see Ryan after the game while we waited for the ambulance and apologised. In good grace, Ryan told him not to worry and said "that's football mate".

It just left a bitter taste in the mouth after all that had gone on in the game. How the hell they beat Tring in the previous round is a mystery to me and I can only assume that Tring were undone by the physicality of a very unorganised side.

Anyway, last I heard, it has been confirmed as a break and Ryan will have to have some kind of pin inserted to mend it. Looks like his season could be over just as it was getting started.

As I hear more news, I'll keep you all posted. I've genuinely been impressed with all the messages we have already had for Ryan wishing him well and enquiring about his welfare, both on here and on Twitter and I know he will appreciate all the support. Ryan is well known in SSMFL circles having played for a few of the clubs and I am gutted that upon his return to Hoddesdon, with whom he debuted at this level, he has suffered such a bad injury. I've known Ryan many years now and am just sorry that he will have to wait a bit longer to help Hoddesdon achieve their goals,

Thanks again folks and like I said, on behalf of Ryan and all at my club, thanks for your support.

Jonno

Saturday 15th September

1-0 Barking v London Tigers

A comprehensive report from another Forum:

FA Carlsberg Vase, Second Qualifying Round

Barking 1(0)-(0)0 London Tigers

Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Barking, Essex/East London

Attendance: 36

Admission: £6. Programme (Mayesbrook Review) £1.50 - 32 pages, all colour, a fine read as ever despite being printed earlier in the week, with excellent usual stuff plus club stats (On This Day) etc from Barking supremo Terry Gilbert

Also purchased from 'clubhouse': Can of Coke £1

Aaagghhh!! Easily the worst match I have seen so far this season, and for some time beyond that as well. I should have known better, given Barking, having finished in the top six under previous boss Steve Munday (their best since pulling out of the Isthmian a few years ago after the turmoil following the chairman's sudden death), have struggled since under former assistant Alan Dickens. Barking's woes are nothing compared to the Middlesex visitors, who have lost all nine league games this season, and it was easy to see why. Barking ultimately deserved the win, but against woeful opposition, their play in the final third was absolutely abysmal, but luckily from about their only half decent move in the whole game on 79 minutes they grabbed the only goal, and spared us another turgid thirty minutes.

Surprisingly after that introduction it was the vistors who nearly scored early on when a shot inside the box went inches wide of the far post. Later in the half they almost took a shock lead again, as a loose ball was struck goalwards inside the penalty area, but deflected wide. Aside from that the Tigers were mere pussycats, losing the ball a lot and making numerous clumsy fouls around their box, clogging up the referee's notebook in the process. Barking were by far the most dominant in terms of possession, but their play in the final third was dreadful, with a lack of urgency, poor final balls and misplaced passes galore. They did have a couple of balls zip from the byline just past the opposite post, and a couple of curling shots go very close to the top corner, but failed to test the keeper once.

Having just about woken up for the second half, the Essex Senior League side did finally give the keeper something to do early on, forcing him into a couple of good saves from shots outside the area, and from one effort pushed behind, from a corner, numerous head tennis almost on the goalline ended with the ball hitting the net, but not nestling in it, only finding the roof of it. The same old miserable pattern continued for much of the second half, until finally with eleven minutes left, a cross from the left was met by a Barking player, who got goalside of his marker six yards out to head the ball in at the near post, despite the keeper getting a hand to it. The Spartan South Midlands basement boys tried to come forward more, but never threatened Barking at all, who should have wrapped the game up in added time when a player in on the right blazed badly over, but then the final whistle blew to the relief of all at the ground. Perhaps except one Tiger, who presumably said something he shouldn't at the end and got a second yellow as everyone was walking off.

On this showing the Middlesex side are doomed to the drop already, whilst Barking look very disappointing, albeit not helped today by their six forwards all apparently not in action today. They have Dunstable Town at home in the First Round Proper, and sadly on this showing, Dunstable must already be thinking of the second round.

One pleasing thing from the afternoon was the redeveloped car park finally open for use again after over six months out of action, due to it being upgraded from its appalling state to suit the Olympics, associated with the redevelopment of the athletics venue next door (access to this is via Barking's car park). It's all now tarmaced with line paintings and looks much better than the old potholed site with leaking sewage that it was before redevelopment. Some spaces were still sealed off, but there was easily enough room for everyone today, though maybe the club don't see that as a good thing, as the car park was half empty.

In addition, the horribly rundown graffitied frontage has finally been completely painted over in white and covered by a layer of tall white fencing, suggesting it might be getting pulled down soon, or is that wishful thinking? I heard a few months ago that a temporary building used next door for the Olympics was going to be moved to the football club to be used as a permanent clubhouse, to replace their temporary annexe of a minibar? At least some improvements have been made regardless of reasons, but given Barking's ongoing struggles off the pitch and ageing/declining supporter base, is there really the money to smarten the entrance/buildings up? Sadly I think not.