Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hanworth Villa

Fuzzy Royal

So, the game......

Hanworth were better organised, stronger, had more experience and deserved the win.

The positives; Windsor hould have gone 1-0 up, we also had 4 good chances in the first half that had we been more established as a team we may have scored from. Inreality we could also have been considerably more goals down had teh referee given the penalty and the Hanworth team been sharper.

The start of teh second half Hanworth scored but the huge positive here was the team didn't drop heads or fall apart but continued to try to play and got a reward, a gola from a long throw, who would have thought!!!!

If the management can get a few experienced heads in (Ashe, Seedel, Dunlop for example) I think we have some excellent youngsters who would prosper without the pressure of being key players for the team.

yes it was hard to watch at times and frustrating how often we gave the ball away, but I don't think I have seen all the players give everything they have got for Windsor for a long time and put a few decent/experienced players in the spine of the team, then we will do okay andd look good for next season.

At imes in the game our forwards were unplayable when attacking, Rome wasn't built in a day and teh team will take time to settle. I think most of the fans will keep the faith, I just hope the players can as well, because when we get going, with local players, and the mood and atmosphere at the clubs lifts we will be contenders again and these youngsters could be part of something special.

Just my opinion, of course, but we have an excellent opportunity to do something that could be the envy of most clubs at our level, so lets back Kevin and the team

So, the game......

Hanworth were better organised, stronger, had more experience and deserved the win.

The positives; Windsor hould have gone 1-0 up, we also had 4 good chances in the first half that had we been more established as a team we may have scored from. Inreality we could also have been considerably more goals down had teh referee given the penalty and the Hanworth team been sharper.

The start of teh second half Hanworth scored but the huge positive here was the team didn't drop heads or fall apart but continued to try to play and got a reward, a gola from a long throw, who would have thought!!!!

If the management can get a few experienced heads in (Ashe, Seedel, Dunlop for example) I think we have some excellent youngsters who would prosper without the pressure of being key players for the team.

yes it was hard to watch at times and frustrating how often we gave the ball away, but I don't think I have seen all the players give everything they have got for Windsor for a long time and put a few decent/experienced players in the spine of the team, then we will do okay andd look good for next season.

At imes in the game our forwards were unplayable when attacking, Rome wasn't built in a day and teh team will take time to settle. I think most of the fans will keep the faith, I just hope the players can as well, because when we get going, with local players, and the mood and atmosphere at the clubs lifts we will be contenders again and these youngsters could be part of something special.

Just my opinion, of course, but we have an excellent opportunity to do something that could be the envy of most clubs at our level, so lets back Kevin and the team

Very well said Fuzzy Royal

Yes, I agree with all that.

It is very obvious where the main problems are and I'm sure they will be dealt with.

Surprised that none of Seedel, Dunlop, Ashe or Banfry featured. I guess it's a pretty transitory life at times being a non-league footballer but having been in Monday's squad I had assumed they were all around for a while.

This young team will be reliant on our support and I'm sure will get it.

However, whilst there may be very good reasons why it hasn't happened, I do think we deserve to be kept a little more informed of what is going on with regard to the playing staff. I know it's not the Premier League but it would be nice to turn up to a game having at least a tiny amount of knowledge of who is wearing the shirt that day!

It is very obvious where the main problems are and I'm sure they will be dealt with.

Surprised that none of Seedel, Dunlop, Ashe or Banfry featured. I guess it's a pretty transitory life at times being a non-league footballer but having been in Monday's squad I had assumed they were all around for a while.

This young team will be reliant on our support and I'm sure will get it.

However, whilst there may be very good reasons why it hasn't happened, I do think we deserve to be kept a little more informed of what is going on with regard to the playing staff. I know it's not the Premier League but it would be nice to turn up to a game having at least a tiny amount of knowledge of who is wearing the shirt that day!

Assuming things is dangerous Rother.

Seedel, Dunlop and Banfry were all away on pre-arrange personal 'things' on Saturday and Ashe was injured following Monday's game.

Rother, at the moment the team is very much a work in progress and as much as Mick and the team are trying to build a stable team for the future that isn't going to happen overnight and is going to result in some very late signings just to get us through individual games.

If I were to have announced every single signing over the past week I would have been doing nothing but update the site and forum. Yes there are going to be more changes and where possible I will announce the signings but even I didn't find out about some of the players from Saturday until the morning of the game as that is when they were signed.

This young team will be reliant on our support and I'm sure will get it..

COPYCAT ! Well MOTH wasn't that what I said on my other post (Egham thread) yet again you mocked me..... as you did with last season's Windsor's budget :P !

Rother, I told you last Monday to come and see me and I would explain why we're not announcing signings but you chose not to ask !

I will though give you an example of the type of things that go on if people know who you've signed [without naming any names]. On Wednesday Mick asked me to approach a club about a certain player and, with a lot of co-operation from them, the player was allowed to sign for us on Friday morning which means both Mick and myself having to chase around to get the paperwork done. I was surprised on arrival at Hanworth Villa to find the player not listed on our team sheet only to be told he was ill but also that within a day of signing for us another CCL club had offered him £90 per GAME to join them ! Because of things like this and the fact we signed something like 28 players last week [including a lot of the Youth team] I'm still trying to get information from these players so that we can actually say who they are, what position they play, their playing history, etc, etc.

Once things have settled down we will be in a position to announce any new signings as and when they happen but not at present as there's just too much going on. I'm currently trying to juggle 5 7-day approaches that we've submitted to clubs, 4 7-day approaches received from clubs for our old players and compiling a complaints dossier against several clubs who have illegally approached former and current players ! All of this has to be done in my own time on a voluntary basis just like all the other jobs at the club which are done by volunteers.

If it gives you any encouragement both Dunlop and Seedel should be available on Tuesday alongside another experienced player who will probably sit in front of the back four [which most people recognise is the area our main weakness has been] and there may even be further additions in time for Tuesday or Saturday. Please do not under estimate the amount of time and energy Mick is putting into contacting other clubs/players with a view to improving the side as soon as possible whilst also trying to sort out training, matches, etc, all unpaid and most probably affecting his own job outside football as well !

As I've said before, talk to me and I'll explain things in more detail, but for now keep the faith.

Edited by Windsor_Sec

I can assure you my faith in (and admiration for) all involved remains undimmed.

Curiosity never killed the cat though!

Keep up the good work.

(If that comes across as patronising it's really not meant to be.)

Edited by Rother

Rother, I told you last Monday to come and see me and I would explain why we're not announcing signings but you chose not to ask !

I will though give you an example of the type of things that go on if people know who you've signed [without naming any names]. On Wednesday Mick asked me to approach a club about a certain player and, with a lot of co-operation from them, the player was allowed to sign for us on Friday morning which means both Mick and myself having to chase around to get the paperwork done. I was surprised on arrival at Hanworth Villa to find the player not listed on our team sheet only to be told he was ill but also that within a day of signingfor us another CCL club had offered him £90 per GAME to join them ! Because of things like this and the fact we signed something like 28 players last week [including a lot of the Youth team] I'm still trying to get information from these players so that we can actually say who they are, what position they play, their playing history, etc, etc.

Once things have settled down we will be in a position to announce any new signings as and when they happen but not at present as there's just too much going on. I'm currently trying to juggle 5 7-day approaches that we've submitted to clubs, 4 7-day approaches received from clubs for our old players and compiling a complaints dossier against several clubs who have illegally approached former and current players ! All of this has to be done in my own time on a voluntary basis just like all the other jobs at the club which are done by volunteers.

If it gives you any encouragement both Dunlop and Seedel should be available on Tuesday alongside another experienced player who will probably sit in front of the back four [which most people recognise is the area our main weakness has been] and there may even be further additions in time for Tuesday or Saturday. Please do not under estimate the amount of time and energy Mick is putting into contacting other clubs/players with a view to improving the side as soon as possible whilst also trying to sort out training, matches, etc, all unpaid and most probably affecting his own job outside football as well !

As I've said before, talk to me and I'll explain things in more detail, but for now keep the faith.

You see Windsor Sec what goes around, comes around, its not nice is it when the shoe its on the other foot. Thats what Windsor did last season to other clubs so now one knows how it feels when there is no budget, welcome to the difficult times .......annoying ;) !

Work done in most CCL clubs are done by volunteers which should be highly commended especially if done in their own time.

My hats goes off to you all !

You see Windsor Sec what goes around, comes around, its not nice is it when the shoe its on the other foot. Thats what Windsor did last season to other clubs so now one knows how it feels when there is no budget, welcome to the difficult times .......annoying ;) !

Work done in most CCL clubs are done by volunteers which should be highly commended especially if done in their own time.

My hats goes off to you all !

What is annoying is people spouting off untruths and bullshit. Every player that joined us during last season was the subject of an official approach to the clubs concerned, that's the way I work and those are the instructions that have been given to every manager I've ever worked with !

The fact we were able to offer players better money is neither here or there and it doesn't bother me in the slightest if other clubs are doing that to our players now because players will decide what's best for them. What I do insist on though is that any club wishing to speak to any player registered with us does the decent thing and talks to us first at which point we will decide whether to release/transfer or ask for an official 7-day approach to be made !

What is annoying is people spouting off untruths and bullshit. Every player that joined us during last season was the subject of an official approach to the clubs concerned, that's the way I work and those are the instructions that have been given to every manager I've ever worked with !

The fact we were able to offer players better money is neither here or there and it doesn't bother me in the slightest if other clubs are doing that to our players now because players will decide what's best for them. What I do insist on though is that any club wishing to speak to any player registered with us does the decent thing and talks to us first at which point we will decide whether to release/transfer or ask for an official 7-day approach to be made !

1st paragraph, if your comment is aimed at me you are incorrect, it is not bulls*it ! Where in my comments did I say Windsor made any illegal approaches. All I was refering to is that because of Windsors budget last season, they approached and secured players because of what they can afford to offer and pay them, and now the shoes on the other foot where Windsor cannot afford them.so players go to other clubs......a reality check and its not not nice.....but its football ! £90 a game I'd like to know who they were especially if they are in the CCL !!!

2nd paragraph, yes it is here or there, money attracts the better players in accordance to the manager. If Windsor didn't have the money you couldn't attract the players you had from a higher level, look where they have gone now... CCL ???? Lets get real, those players were playing at CCL level for the money, if it was for the club which was mentioned last season, why are they not there now.....simples ^_^ ! Now one should appreciate the loyalty in players, when will you Windsorians realise this, and stop being in denial.

Correct ! Wish every secretary/club did the honourable thing, its the correct method and you should be commended .....eh (Chertseytown) Spencer Day :o !!!

When you are in the thick of things and at the business end of football, you realise that rules and regulations mean jack s**t to people. Already this season there have been 3 illegal approaches by clubs outside of the southern league for my players. I have to just accept that it happens and will continue to happen for a long long time. If its not managers approaching players, its players approaching players on a managers behalf. There is nothing you can do and no real way of stopping it happening.

I think we can safetly say that 99% of Club Secs are honourable but I think we all know that the reason the 7 dayer is going in is because someone from the apporaching club has already spoken with the player hence the 7 dayer going in !!!

Not a dig at anyone at all just what I believe to be the fact of life.

1st paragraph, if your comment is aimed at me you are incorrect, it is not bulls*it ! Where in my comments did I say Windsor made any illegal approaches.

Squirming little snake.

There isn't a single person out there who doesn't know your game.

Insinuations, half-truths, rumour, snide gloating, with the occasional "wish your club all the best" comment to make a few naive people think "oh, he's alright really" - all accompanied by pathetic little only-joking winkies and a drop-the-shoulder swerve when challenged, as above. All the time making sure to keep your true identity a secret. Probably wise mind you.

Horrible little man.

Squirming little snake.

There isn't a single person out there who doesn't know your game.

Insinuations, half-truths, rumour, snide gloating, with the occasional "wish your club all the best" comment to make a few naive people think "oh, he's alright really" - all accompanied by pathetic little only-joking winkies and a drop-the-shoulder swerve when challenged, as above. All the time making sure to keep your true identity a secret. Probably wise mind you.

Horrible little man.

WOW ! Horrible little man, well not as ferocious as Dunc the Unc I suppose........ ^_^ !

You're a typical Windsor supporter....can't face the truth, and when it comes you don't like it ! Stop hiding behind those rose tinted glasses and see the light :lol:

You keep being in denial Roth the MOTH and stay in your own little cuckoo Windsorland !

I genuinely want Windsor to do well with their kids now they have seen their senses, instead of trying to BTC last season thinking they could win the league yet waste £65000 for nothing but line management and players pockets. ! Just imagine what the club could have done with that money which was obviously available..... have you ever thought of that ?...I doubt it !

MOTH go back into your cupboard....... :D

If I say it's neither here or there then that is EXACTLY what I mean. I/WE are not in the slightest bit concerned what other clubs wish to offer because, as I said, players will make the best choice for themselves and if that is to play for us or to follow the money that is their choice not ours. What annoys me, and I'll repeat it again, are managers/clubs knowing full well a player is registered with a club and tapping them up illegally as there's no need for it. If they follow the correct procedure and the player wishes to leave then who are we to stand in their way ? I will not name the clubs concerned [and yes, two of them are CCL clubs] because I'm following the due process and reporting them to the FA to deal with as they see fit. We may not be able to compete financially with some clubs now but those clubs who still think they can walk all over us will start to get the message that they either treat us with due respect or face the consequences of their actions.

When you are in the thick of things and at the business end of football, you realise that rules and regulations mean jack s**t to people. Already this season there have been 3 illegal approaches by clubs outside of the southern league for my players. I have to just accept that it happens and will continue to happen for a long long time. If its not managers approaching players, its players approaching players on a managers behalf. There is nothing you can do and no real way of stopping it happening.

Johnno, the only reason that rules mean jack shit to people is because they've been allowed by weak clubs to get away with it. Even a player talking to another player about joing another club is 'inducing' them and therefore an illegal approach. Let clubs know you won't be messed about and most of it will stop immediately.