Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

Also GFC v Farnham??

I thought I had missed one...yes that needs rearranging too as original game called off as the teams played a Vase match.

That could well have led to a further postponement, given that the egg-chasers would be churning up Footes Lane on the Saturday? 3 games in 3 days in mid-November would likely give any groundsman a headache :unsure:

Maybe the Sunday game would/could have been at The Track?

Either way, I think it's time that the League made some sort of statement on this.

With three home games to rearrange, plus the Vase run and the League Cup means that this is already an issue that will get worse still should they progress in either competition. Do Guernsey have any spare Saturdays in the seasonal schedule? I think that if this were the case, these games would have been rearranged by lazarus by now as he doesn't hang around.

I think the Friday / Sunday option is certainly the best I have heard so far, even if a second pitch is required, although surely the rugby team must have away weekends, so you could possibly sort a double header out on those weekends.

Either way, I think it's time that the League made some sort of statement on this.

With three home games to rearrange, plus the Vase run and the League Cup means that this is already an issue that will get worse still should they progress in either competition. Do Guernsey have any spare Saturdays in the seasonal schedule? I think that if this were the case, these games would have been rearranged by lazarus by now as he doesn't hang around.

I think the Friday / Sunday option is certainly the best I have heard so far, even if a second pitch is required, although surely the rugby team must have away weekends, so you could possibly sort a double header out on those weekends.

GFC have just 2 Saturdays where no League fixture is currently scheduled and I would hazard a guess that the Muratti has something to do with 1 of those. The Friday option could be harsh on teams currently scheduled to play them out there on Saturdays - but something has to change I guess. What if some GFC away games currently scheduled for Saturdays could be brought forward to Friday evenings - then a rescheduled GFC home fixture on the Sunday? Not easy is it :wacko:

GFC have just 2 Saturdays where no League fixture is currently scheduled and I would hazard a guess that the Muratti has something to do with 1 of those. The Friday option could be harsh on teams currently scheduled to play them out there on Saturdays - but something has to change I guess. What if some GFC away games currently scheduled for Saturdays could be brought forward to Friday evenings - then a rescheduled GFC home fixture on the Sunday? Not easy is it :wacko:

Muratti Vase Final – Sunday 5th May at The Track

No semi for Guernsey this year as its the Toad's turn to visit Alderney. Guernsey straight into the Final.

No semi for Guernsey this year as its the Toad's turn to visit Alderney. Guernsey straight into the Final.

Whilst acknowledging the tradition of the Muratti, would/should it take precedence over a CCL league game?

The semi-final didn't last year, GFC/Guernsey played both matches on the same day. I read from James Blower who at the time was in charge of Represetnative football at the GFA that the Toads had agreed that the date could be moved to accomedate GFC matches as they wanted to play the strongest Guernsey team and did not want to devalue the competition.

To remind people, whilst in essence its the same players, the coaches are different and the teams are run by two different set of people. One a club the other a "County" Association. In the eyes of the FA its just a match between two Counties, but does of course have much more feeling here and in ToadLand.

Edited by HKP