Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Vs. Raynes Park Vale

Unless you are self-employed I don't see why players wouldn't want to use two days out of their holiday to visit Guernsey and play over there. I guess one issue is though that this time of year, all the holiday might be used up already with some saved for Xmas.

PS. I like 1pm kick-offs.

I didn't say wether I did or didn't Bommie I was merely asking why it was a 1pm kick off just cos you like it don't matter you aint trying to run teams where players work on saturday mornings

I read somewhere that GFC requested earlier ko so that they could spend more time celebrating in the Whyteleafe Clubhouse afterwards before having to catch their flight home. Of course had it been in Guernsey the away team would want to spend the whole night drowning their sorrows in Guernseys Clubs ;)

I read somewhere that GFC requested earlier ko so that they could spend more time celebrating in the Whyteleafe Clubhouse afterwards before having to catch their flight home. Of course had it been in Guernsey the away team would want to spend the whole night drowning their sorrows in Guernseys Clubs ;)

Like it GF but it don't seem right to me call me old fashioned an all that but its 3 o'clock all day for me mate

Its the dream of an extra £note duncs,Whyteleafe were moaning last week about lack of ballboys,retrieving balls.Today most likely there will be loads of them,Mistake No 2.Did you see how quick the ballboys were in getting the ball in play last night,against the worst International Team ever seen.

Its the dream of an extra £note duncs,Whyteleafe were moaning last week about lack of ballboys,retrieving balls.Today most likely there will be loads of them,Mistake No 2.Did you see how quick the ballboys were in getting the ball in play last night,against the worst International Team ever seen.

The only two ballboys I saw were Guernsey lads. No sign of the big green lion bloke though!

Think some of the Guernsey posters on here have lost the plot Landing in Guernsey on a Wensday morning and getting out of your Airport and to work is a hell of alot diffrent than landing at Gatwick and then travelling to say central London in the Rush Hour. Would say it,s more of a problem than you think! Who wants to go to Guernsey on a Tue,s answer on a postcard to you must be raving mental lol

Not necessarily true. I can be on a flight from Guernsey at 7am and be sat at a desk in our London office by 9:30am. Certainly would nt need a whole day off.

Any that is what quite a few people do... one of the reasons for the 7am flight!

Really Gsy & HKP. So what you are saying is a team fly over on a tue,s play match at 7.45 Get back to hotel at about 11 then up at silly oclock to get the 7.00 plane from Guernsey (When we flew over hour delay at Gatwick and hour & half at Guernsey) Can,t see any team wanting to do that myself. Think there are going to be alot of problems if this winter is bad lets hope not undecided%20(2).gif

Really Gsy & HKP. So what you are saying is a team fly over on a tue,s play match at 7.45 Get back to hotel at about 11 then up at silly oclock to get the 7.00 plane from Guernsey (When we flew over hour delay at Gatwick and hour & half at Guernsey) Can,t see any team wanting to do that myself. Think there are going to be alot of problems if this winter is bad lets hope not undecided%20(2).gif

Dont get me wrong Im not saying teams will either want to do it nor should they be expected to do it. I just wanted to point out its possible to only be out of the Uk for 2 half days at the most in order to play an evening game - effectively what our boys do mid week I guess. Maybe we are just used to the whole domestic flight necessity too. Can make for long days no denying it. But I guess if you have to do it you just do.

Lets hope the weather holds up and there are nt any scheduling difficulties, thoug it has been raining hard again today.

Lovely debate chaps but no one has actually answered my question, and before you start GF, I am aware of what the League rule says thanks, although I'd be rather surprised if the League actually exercised it, especially if the match in question turned out to be a top of the table battle.

I am just interested to see what the League has planned, but I'll be honest, I am hoping our game is played on Saturday 3rd November, as rearrangements will now almost certainly be midweek. Some players might not need two days off of work, but some will and as a result weakened sides will travel to the island where it is a difficult enough challenge in the first place.

I think there are currently three games awaiting rearrangement to be played at Guernsey now and we haven't even got to Winter yet. I think it's time the league made it clear what will be expected of its clubs.

Just an idea, could Guernsey be asked to play at home on both a Saturday AND a Sunday? Most of our clubs have had to do two games in two days (or more back in 2000/01) at one point or another in the past, due to weather issues, and this would mean that clubs would need less time off....

What was the question?

Think these fixtures all need arranging?

GFC v Horley

GFC v RPV

CWU v GFC

I think the plan for the next cup game, if we'd got a home draw, had been to ask for it to be played on the Friday night and the league game on Sunday instead of Saturday. Sadly we got an away fixture

That could well have led to a further postponement, given that the egg-chasers would be churning up Footes Lane on the Saturday? 3 games in 3 days in mid-November would likely give any groundsman a headache :unsure:

Lovely debate chaps but no one has actually answered my question, and before you start GF, I am aware of what the League rule says thanks, although I'd be rather surprised if the League actually exercised it, especially if the match in question turned out to be a top of the table battle.

I am just interested to see what the League has planned, but I'll be honest, I am hoping our game is played on Saturday 3rd November, as rearrangements will now almost certainly be midweek. Some players might not need two days off of work, but some will and as a result weakened sides will travel to the island where it is a difficult enough challenge in the first place.

I think there are currently three games awaiting rearrangement to be played at Guernsey now and we haven't even got to Winter yet. I think it's time the league made it clear what will be expected of its clubs.

Just an idea, could Guernsey be asked to play at home on both a Saturday AND a Sunday? Most of our clubs have had to do two games in two days (or more back in 2000/01) at one point or another in the past, due to weather issues, and this would mean that clubs would need less time off....

I'm with you on believing that the League should not be exercising its full powers in these circumstances Ed. There is no easy plan to roll out though, there are so many "What If's" to consider. The weather, FA Vase run, rugby fixtures, league cup, Muratti Cup, air travel disruption.

I don't envy the fixtures secretary role this season - maybe one solution is to organise a gala weekend in Guernsey where all unplayed home fixtures are played - that'll test GFC squad strength & fitness ;)