Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion/PPG

VPCTFC

This is the first time I have Said this Good Luck tomorrow Guernsey Hope you do get one of the promotion slots as one going up is so unfair to step 5 clubs. Got to say Best Team in the League are Egham Town fc. #Champions :rolleyes:

Slightly OT, but may I ask which teams would be coming into the CCL next season from Step 7?

I have heard that Old Farnborians have been mentioned on here, but on NLM a 'MisterTwoU' has said that Broadfields United could be joining the CCL next season.

Slightly OT, but may I ask which teams would be coming into the CCL next season from Step 7?

I have heard that Old Farnborians have been mentioned on here, but on NLM a 'MisterTwoU' has said that Broadfields United could be joining the CCL next season.

Who?

I think they are currently in the Middlesex County, and play their home games in Hillingdon (possibly at the Athletics Stadium).

If I can find his post on NLM, I'll post a link here.

Just going back to that FA document, it is quite clear that the figure promoted each season IN FUTURE will be 14.

This season they have to expand, but reading the document again:

That, with effect from Season 2013/2014 and in order to create 14 relegation places at Step 4, the Isthmian League Division 1 North and Division 1 South (Step 4) be increased to 24 clubs with each relegating 3 clubs to Step 5, subject to any club issues arising during or after the completion of the playing season.

The increase to three down from next year will provide the 13th and 14th relegation spot. They probably didn't make clear how many would go up this year because they, like us all year, simply have been guessing, and only now with the clubs who have resigned or who are eligible to go up are they in a position to know. That's why I believe it will be 17 and Barkingside will go up in my opinion, unless for some reason they reprieve Woodford United, or I suppose, more likely Walton Casuals.

It also now means that if 14 Step Five leagues all have an eligible Champion club, that they can all go up. It was little known before that a Champion club could technically fail to be moved up if there were 12 others with the grading and a better PPG. This anomaly would have come into focus more as a greater  number of Step Five clubs aim higher and have the correct facilities.

What about rule 5.4 from this season's FA handbook?

"Where a vacancy occurs within the NLS the following procedures will apply:-

(i) Where a vacancy occurs in a particular division prior to the end of the Playing Season, the Club concerned would be classed as one of the relegated Clubs in a relegation position.
(ii) Where a vacancy occurs following the completion of the Playing Season then the best ranked Club in a relegation position across the particular Step would be reprieved. The ranking to be determined by the average points gained per game played and comparable league position.
(iii) Where a vacancy occurs after the date of a League AGM then a competition would not be able to replace the Club(s) concerned"

As all the step 4 leagues have played all their games I assume the vacancies count as 'following the completion of the playing season'.

Walton Casuals are the best ranked club in a relegation position.

Edited by VPCTFC