Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home page of website

Eastside Urchin

So far I have refrained from dipping my toe in the muddy waters of website discussions lest I am sucked back into the vortex. Only those who carry out the work know how time consuming webmastery is and I am happy that such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

All I would say is that I found a front page scrolling info bar very useful. It was ideal for getting urgent messages 'out there' and only took a few seconds (well maybe a minute or two) to update.

I know how time consuming it is

My point is that we need to be marketing our next two home games,they are very important for the club,not just because they should attract extra fans through the gates but also for points.

On the front page before you enter the site,all you see is the previous two games plus Saturdays away game

It's less than a week away from the Boxing Day game but this doesn't get a mention,nor does our biggest game of the season against Ricay

Colin Mcbride also said the same that these games should be publicised.

Indeed, that's why I suggested the info bar. You can use it to publicise whatever you like very quickly. Without exaggeration it used to take me two minutes to enter the text and upload the message to the website. Anyway, it was only a suggestion for an easy way to advertise the next home game. I will leave you all to argue amongst yourselves. :D

Edited by Serious Sid

Lol,not arguing.

I like the front header page,just feel that having two matches advertised of which we have already played,no good for the forthcoming home fixtures,of which none are displayed.

As usual,you come up with a suggestion and people take offence despite asking for suggestions,touchy lot you computer nerdy people ;)

Lol,not arguing.

I like the front header page,just feel that having two matches advertised of which we have already played,no good for the forthcoming home fixtures,of which none are displayed.

As usual,you come up with a suggestion and people take offence despite asking for suggestions,touchy lot you computer nerdy people ;)

I'm not sure anyone's arguing at all Rob or being touchy .. you've raised an issue with the site and I've explained why the splash screen isn't updated as frequently as perhaps we'd like. At that point an offer of help wouldn't have gone amiss but instead we simply chose to labour the point.

Appreciate your comments Sid and really like the idea of the marquee. Should allow us to get a quick headline out there whilst we work on the main article (match reports) etc in the background. The marquee has been added to the site. The home page has also been updated with Welling/Billericay match info but it's just too time consuming to continue doing this on a weekly basis.

Rob - have you put anything on Twitter yet for the Welling and Billericay games? Saw lots of non football related tweets but couldn't find anything for our big games ......

How can I help with the website?

Not my cup of tea,I can type stuff but I leave the technical stuff to those who know what they are doing,which is yourself mate.

I was merely pointing out that our next home match should be advertised on the website,I know how time consuming it is to do the website,I told people that when Tony was doing it combined with a full time job and he couldn't do everything that people were asking him to,hence he is no longer doing it.Surely asking a simple question about the lay out or lack of content doesn't automatically qualify me as an expert? I just assumed that any feedback was appreciated.

Nothing on twitter for the Xmas games yet,these will be put on after Saturdays game is out the way,which seems to make sense to me,then I can bombard the local public with the fixtures for a change.The website IMO is different though as it is still the main tool for club associated news.

saying that,as much as I like the front page of the site,if it is that much hard work to keep it up to date,is it really worth having on there,would it not be easier to just go straight to the home page with maybe a little box with our next fixtures on it.Not a criticism just a idea.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Feedback is always welcome Rob .. my issue here was that having stated when we'd address your concerns this should have meant an end to the conversation.

Having said that I can see why it makes sense to push these particular games as early as possible so we made the change anyway (on 19th). My alternative was to press on with my business VAT so perhaps fannying around in MS Paint trying to produce a reasonable graphic was the lesser of 2 evils.

As I said this splash screen is a pain to maintain but the diary concept is a useful addition so I've now brought it into the main site - we now show last match, next 3 matches and next club event.

http://www.afchornchurch.com/home.html

The splash screen will be replaced by a generic "Welcome to the AFC Hornchurch website ... press to Enter the site".

post-9460-0-67313700-1356086892_thumb.gif

Edited by andydick

website is looking good.

Just an idea, but what about a fan section, where photos can be uploaded from home games / functions and away games?

Something we can look into certainly. Don't know how to do it personally but there's always Google ...

I know a while back the club were keen to get pictures of the function suite etc on the website

Something like this .. http://www.afchornchurch.com/Venue_Hire.html

We can obviously add to this if we think more images etc are required.