Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eversley's pitch vandalised

bomaya

Sounds to me like a case of 'name and shame' to me !

If they are registered players with another CCL Club, they should be reported to the League. Surely it's a case of disrepute ?

As far as the police are concerned, I very much doubt they would do much more than issue a crime number for insurance purposes.

Sounds to me like a case of 'name and shame' to me !

If they are registered players with another CCL Club, they should be reported to the League. Surely it's a case of disrepute ?

As far as the police are concerned, I very much doubt they would do much more than issue a crime number for insurance purposes.

JR

Whoever is responsible for this has done so off their own backs and thus becomes a personal issue and not a club issue. If this had been a structured coaching session by a club then I can understand your point but it isn't.

If one of your players commits a criminal offence away from your club should you be reported to the league every time and be brought into disrepute??? I think not!

Playing football on a public football pitch and churning up the goal mouth is far from a criminal offence the last time I checked.

Eversley FC have to be held accountable for not having the proper procedures in place that a Football Club playing in the Combined Counties League should have. How can you make a complaint when you leave goals and nets up in an open field?? The main pitch should be sealed off from public use with a fencing or walls. Every other ground in the league has this in place, Camberley, Sandhurst, Hartley Witney, Ash United all the main pitches are segregated and concealed from the general public having access to them.

Regardless of them having an idea into who and why they done this is irrelevant until they make the land private and segregated from the use of the general public.

The ground is on private land,hence why it is becomes an offence rather that just playing on a public pitch.

If I wanted to,I could easily trespass and play on all of the pitches you list above. However it is not in my nature to deliberately damage something that belongs to someone else

Yes there are. Just out of interest,why do you ask?

Daniel,

You say that you know who did this? Have you got video evidence or pictures of them? Or have you been listening to the same rumours that Godalming have?

Before we start accusing players and teams we need to make sure we have something concrete to back it up with!

You Guys should learn the Law

Playing football on a public football pitch and churning up the goal mouth is far from a criminal offence the last time I checked.

Eversley FC have to be held accountable for not having the proper procedures in place that a Football Club playing in the Combined Counties League should have. How can you make a complaint when you leave goals and nets up in an open field?? The main pitch should be sealed off from public use with a fencing or walls. Every other ground in the league has this in place, Camberley, Sandhurst, Hartley Witney, Ash United all the main pitches are segregated and concealed from the general public having access to them.

Regardless of them having an idea into who and why they done this is irrelevant until they make the land private and segregated from the use of the general public.

Think you should go to law School Terry,so things have to be enclosed for a Criminal Act to have been committed?Car in the garage then,front lawn behind a wall,these people should at least be warned,if known,or else they may return,heaven forbid.Axe to grind with Eversley then,who are you,by the way?

The pitch is being moved on Sunday as part of the upgrade works. Hopefully this will help limit the impact of the damage.

Hopefully those involved will have the decency to apologise and we can all move on. I've known some of them for a number of years and I would hope they take responsibility for their actions.

This is not the fault of Farnham. My point by naming that some of those involved play for another CCL club was to illustrate that they should clearly know better.

They knew not to organise the kick about on their own pitch,so they knew they shouldn't have arranged it on ours either.

If this was kids I would accept it more,but this is a group of adults who should have known better.

Whilst not the clubs fault I feel it would show good will and a commendable reaction for the club to sanction their players who were involved-maybe by way of a fine?

Then perhaps forward this to our groundsman to at least help towards the cost of repairation.

Whilst not the clubs fault I feel it would show good will and a commendable reaction for the club to sanction their players who were involved-maybe by way of a fine?

Then perhaps forward this to our groundsman to at least help towards the cost of repairation.

ImD,

Produce evidence!

This is not the fault of Farnham. My point by naming that some of those involved play for another CCL club was to illustrate that they should clearly know better.

They knew not to organise the kick about on their own pitch,so they knew they shouldn't have arranged it on ours either.

If this was kids I would accept it more,but this is a group of adults who should have known better.

Shame they couldn't act and think like one, then !