Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games On Sat 2/2/13

Egg&Ham

Went off to see Egham to see what the hype was about and I must say Egham are a very good side. Couple of quality players who could play a lot higher. However, it didn't help how bad the moles were. Probably by far the worst team performance I have seen this season.

Backlash for us tomorrow then!

Personally I would be very disappointed to finish below Windsor at the end of the season. This is nothing against the Stags whatsoever who we have played many times in the past and enjoy playing, but Epsom are six points ahead of them and have played two games more. Also South Park are ten points behind them with nine games in hand, so a top four finish would be a great achievement for them in my opinion.

Also, and this is equally important as I'm now more than ever sure that two will go up, Windsor have not applied for promotion this season so a top two finish for them would not help the league. Not that they'll care about that of course, as I'm sure they want to finish as high as they can!

Right now like Krooner, I am leaning towards Egham to hold on. Their form is excellent and we know they are a good side. They still have a lot of games left themselves including a tricky cup tie against Croydon tomorrow, but they will surely be fresher than Guernsey or South Park.

From an Epsom perspective we do need to be a little more clinical, but I would disagree with GuvnorNo1 who felt we are lucky. We have lost games in the last minute too this season, not just won them. We have played some exceptional stuff recently and the only area we have been lucky is that we've managed to get more of our games in than most. As a supporter I always hope for a top four place to get a Vase exemption and see no reason why we can't do that, or maybe even better with the squad we have.

I'm not so certain. Currently there are 2nd placed teams from 2 other Leagues that have better ppg than CCL - courtesy of this excellent spreadsheet from the nonleague forum.

http://bit.ly/2013step4and5

Personally I would be very disappointed to finish below Windsor at the end of the season. This is nothing against the Stags whatsoever who we have played many times in the past and enjoy playing, but Epsom are six points ahead of them and have played two games more.

Other way round.

Personally I would be very disappointed to finish below Windsor at the end of the season. This is nothing against the Stags whatsoever who we have played many times in the past and enjoy playing, but Epsom are six points ahead of them and have played two games more. Also South Park are ten points behind them with nine games in hand, so a top four finish would be a great achievement for them in my opinion.

Also, and this is equally important as I'm now more than ever sure that two will go up, Windsor have not applied for promotion this season so a top two finish for them would not help the league. Not that they'll care about that of course, as I'm sure they want to finish as high as they can!

Right now like Krooner, I am leaning towards Egham to hold on. Their form is excellent and we know they are a good side. They still have a lot of games left themselves including a tricky cup tie against Croydon tomorrow, but they will surely be fresher than Guernsey or South Park.

From an Epsom perspective we do need to be a little more clinical, but I would disagree with GuvnorNo1 who felt we are lucky. We have lost games in the last minute too this season, not just won them. We have played some exceptional stuff recently and the only area we have been lucky is that we've managed to get more of our games in than most. As a supporter I always hope for a top four place to get a Vase exemption and see no reason why we can't do that, or maybe even better with the squad we have.

if its any consolation i thought it was pretty even first half an first 20 of second was pretty even also then last 20 you dominated i have no complaints an the better side won

I'm not so certain. Currently there are 2nd placed teams from 2 other Leagues that have better ppg than CCL - courtesy of this excellent spreadsheet from the nonleague forum.

http://bit.ly/2013step4and5

The only problem I have with that spreadsheet is they only look at who is in the promotion places now and ignore ppg of teams below it (like Guernsey). My one looks at ppg only (and promotable candidates) regardless of current position but I haven't updated it for a while. Will try and do it this week if I get the chance.

The only problem I have with that spreadsheet is they only look at who is in the promotion places now and ignore ppg of teams below it (like Guernsey). My one looks at ppg only (and promotable candidates) regardless of current position but I haven't updated it for a while. Will try and do it this week if I get the chance.

I guess any "snapshot" scenario has limitations Bom - yours assumes teams will maintain their ppg, VP's assumes maintaining current form, this one just shows actuals as they currently stand. All will change many times before the season ends, we can only hope that a CCL team is in the top 2 of the 2nd placed teams - it is by no means certain though