Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games On Sat 2/2/13

Egg&Ham

Thought Windsor looked very good today and could have had 2 or 3 more. Apart from the free kick goal, can barely recall another Baggies chance in the game. Hardy being forced off injured a few minutes into the game hardly helped. Another red for them too, with Sowden sent off. Windsor finished with 10 as well. I feel that unless Baggies get out of their current slump in form pronto, they will fall away to mid table. Meanwhile, Windsor have it all to play for although they've played more games than most around them.

FT Croydon 3 Camberley 2. Last minute winner for the Trams after Camberley come back from 0-2 down to draw level, having also missed a penalty. :)

First half was less than inspiring. My ticket for the golden goal was the 90th minute so I assumed I had no chance until the game started then I realised I may just be lucky but Croydon scored in the 25th minute so that was that. From then on I was expecting a 1-0 result.

The second half was better though, especially from a Camberley point of view. We had a penalty at the start of the half but it was a terrible kick and went well over. We started coming more into the game but then Croydon got a very good second. After that we basically slaughtered them possession-wise. Two goals and numerous other chances that either went wide or were stopped by their goalie or the crossbar. The Croydon goalie was clearly happy to keep it 2-2 as he wasn't exactly rushing to take any kicks. Not a criticism, we'd probably have done the same, but it was clear it was us who were the most threatening team for the last 20 minutes. I decided it was gonna finish 2-2 so walked up towards the bar just as there was a cheer and then various shouts at the officials. We'd scored but it had been disallowed for offside. Our player insists he played the ball backwards and I heard a Croydon fella after the game say the decision was debatable. Worse was to come as Croydon went straight down the other end and scored the winner in the 94th minute. There were claims the Croydon player was offside but I don't know. It just shows what a thin margin there is between winning and losing.

All in all a decent day out at the Arena. They don't do pumped ales but bottles of London Pride are decent enough at this level. Friendly barstaff and decent chips. In fact, the chips were so decent I had two portions.

It took the ref three hours to get to the ground from Twickenham due to being caught up in rugby traffic at one end and football / general Croydon traffic at the other. You acn get to Guernsey quicker than that!

Neck on line time. I think Egham will win the league :)

Seen Egham a few times myself and they are in a great position. Pressure is on Guernsey in a big way but from what I heard today Egham might have to wait an extra 5 weeks, yes 5 WEEKS at the end of the season to see if they will be crowned champions.

Seen Egham a few times myself and they are in a great position. Pressure is on Guernsey in a big way but from what I heard today Egham might have to wait an extra 5 weeks, yes 5 WEEKS at the end of the season to see if they will be crowned champions.

Good to know that Egham are guaranteed second at least then!

Ash United ground staff and all their helpers deserve huge credit for all the work they put in to ensure today's match went ahead

Il second that, lot people before the game and at half time doing what they could for the pitch. Given our backlog of games, it was appreciated by all at SP.

Thought Windsor looked very good today and could have had 2 or 3 more. Apart from the free kick goal, can barely recall another Baggies chance in the game. Hardy being forced off injured a few minutes into the game hardly helped. Another red for them too, with Sowden sent off. Windsor finished with 10 as well. I feel that unless Baggies get out of their current slump in form pronto, they will fall away to mid table. Meanwhile, Windsor have it all to play for although they've played more games than most around them.

TRS, Did you film it?

Il second that, lot people before the game and at half time doing what they could for the pitch. Given our backlog of games, it was appreciated by all at SP.

I tried my best & with the helpers throughout the week & today...they have to take as much credit this morning especially as i was at work

Will say South Park are a decent outfit & deserved the win today. They adapted to the conditions much better & still played some good football. A class third goal (still wondering it he meant the top corner tho).

First half we was poor & lucky to be just 2 goals down & still in the game. Second half was much better but the third goal killed us & the game. However will say if not for a worldy double save by the ever impressive South Park keeper it could have been a different story, but that me clutching at straws

Feltham 3-3 Mole Valley.

Should have won, could have won but didn't! A little gutted but shows how far we have come in the last few months. Banstead away next Saturday.

Can't disagree with that, we certainly nicked a point - and definitely played our "get out of jail free" card.

are you saying they would extend the season?

I tried my best & with the helpers throughout the week & today...they have to take as much credit this morning especially as i was at work

Will say South Park are a decent outfit & deserved the win today. They adapted to the conditions much better & still played some good football. A class third goal (still wondering it he meant the top corner tho).

First half we was poor & lucky to be just 2 goals down & still in the game. Second half was much better but the third goal killed us & the game. However will say if not for a worldy double save by the ever impressive South Park keeper it could have been a different story, but that me clutching at straws

You guys did a great job, I don't envy you the job of getting it ready for the next match ... and thanks from everyone at South Park for getting the game on.

Yep our keeper did make a worldy double save and gods knows how our third goal went in I turned away when he struck it as i thought it was going miles over, only to be told we'd just scored!!!!

All the best for the rest of the season

Worc Pk 0-1 Spelly

Harsh on WP who dominated the 1st half.

Any question that the winner was offside is wrong.

Smudge - what can I say :wub:

Tight game and so much going at at CCL off the field I can't say or the CCL may have to hire a hit man :D

Neck on line time. I think Egham will win the league :)

Agreed looking at the remaining number of fixtures, schedule and teams to be played you have to think it is there to loose.

are you saying they would extend the season?

FA announcement during the week:-

"The FA has announced that they are willing to grant Step 5 and 6 Leagues permission to extend their playing season beyond the end of April.

Following discussions with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Leagues Committee, it has been agreed that it will be in order for Leagues to extend the playing season until Saturday 4th May if required.

However, in a communication sent to Step 5/6 League Secretaries, FA Leagues and Clubs Manager Mike Appleby said: “It is vital that promotions to Step 4 are finalised by this date (4th May) as the club allocation meetings take place shortly afterwards.

“Therefore, we ask for your co-operation in ensuring that clubs seeking promotion to Step 4 do complete their leagues fixtures by Saturday 4th May.

“It may be the case that non-promotion related games may be able to take place after this date but we will monitor the situation going forward”."

http://nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=2645

Worc Pk 0-1 Spelly

Harsh on WP who dominated the 1st half.

Any question that the winner was offside is wrong.

Smudge - what can I say :wub:

Tight game and so much going at at CCL off the field I can't say or the CCL may have to hire a hit man :D

Have to agree WP dominated first half but didn't create anything clear cut. The tall number 9 was a nuisance going down hill but vanished second half going up hill! I think first half he beat me 9/10 times. Second half I beat him aerially every time.

WP always a tough ground to go to, and will admit red card seemed very harsh!

Only downer from my point of view was the constant harrassing of referee from home side. They're good enough not to need to do this.

Nice to see Smudger in the bar afterwards albeit in my pink dress!

You guys did a great job, I don't envy you the job of getting it ready for the next match ... and thanks from everyone at South Park for getting the game on.

Yep our keeper did make a worldy double save and gods knows how our third goal went in I turned away when he struck it as i thought it was going miles over, only to be told we'd just scored!!!!

All the best to South Park also

also hopefully you will get to see a reasonable pitch soon when you come here....last season was embarrassing this season two wet & heavy pitch....maybe get you to visit in early season next season

Egham solid it is theres to lose guernsey need to beat them an hope they slip up cant see it tho i reckon windsor could still sneak in tbere to an epsom are on a fantastic run