Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vase QF draw

bomaya

For those travelling to the game:

Walsall Wood's ground is situated next to Oak Park Leisure Centre and Walsall Wood School.

There is a bus stop by the Leisure Centre (Castlefort, Opposite Streets Corner) and you'll need the number 7 service from Walsall Bus Station which goes via Aldridge.

There are regular trains from Birmingham New Street to Walsall via Tame Bridge Parkway and nationalrail.co.uk will give you the times and how long the journey will take.

For any photographers, the 1930s stand and Pithead Monument may be of interest.

Great News for my FA Vase selection.

No short haul to Gatwick,long Coach ride to Walsall,lets do it in style!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets charter a Plane to Birmingham,leave at 10.35am,return at 7.15pm.Same Day.Money no object,things most Clubs only dream of!!!!!

Absolute rubbish Maisie!! Enjoy the game tonight??

ATR72 74 Seats Average cost per flying hour: £4,400

So 74 x £205 = £15,170 should easy cover the cost of the charter for fans and team ;)

Would you expect nothing less...

ATR72 74 Seats Average cost per flying hour: £4,400

So 74 x £205 = £15,170 should easy cover the cost of the charter for fans and team ;)

Having never chartered a plane I don't know but I'm guessing you pay for all the time it's in service not just flying time ie when it's parked at the airport waiting between flights. Then you have landing fees and there's bound to be some sort of tax on something ? If you can cover it all for £205 a head it's a relative bargain but don't forget you've then got to get 74 people from the airport to the ground and back which I'm guessing could add up to another £1k !

Either way I hope you are successful as you then would have your semi-final 2nd leg on Easter Saturday and us on Easter Monday, not that I'm looking for any possible advantage of course. LOL.

The charter is with Flybe and it is into their hub at Birmingham, I don't think the aircraft will be parked and not used, I guess it will do other stuff before we fly back on same or another plane. Our Travel Agents have plenty of experience of group travel.

Does anyone really think the Club would help to cover the cost of 50 fans going to a game? Obviously they are responsible for the cost of the players. I would have thought that the Travel Agent would have looked at plenty of options. Of course had they flown to Gatwick then it would have involved a night’s stay too. So no doubt this is the cheaper option.

The word jealousy springs to mind.

Edited by HKP

IF it is absolute rubbish, post FACTS to prove this.... or shut up.

and no, we were crap last night, never turned up and the team that wanted that game most on the night, won the game.

ITS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY YOU WERE CRAP HOW ABOUT THAT EGHAM WERE BETTER IN EVERY DEPARTMENT AN HAD DONE THERE HOMEWORK AN SNUFFED OUT YOUR GAME PLAN FORCING YOUR TEAM TO PLAY BADLY

CAPSLOCK GRR

Not sure who that comment was aimed at HKP but hope it wasn't in reply to my post ?

When we knew we would be taking in excess of 50 supporters to Guernsey I had a very brief conversation about chartering a plane but was told it would be in excess of £12k just for Gatwick/Guernsey/Gatwick same day hence my surprise at the price quoted for your trip ! Obviously I would assume your deal with Flybe sees some sort of discount on normal run of the mill quotes and given the standard Guernsey/Gatwick/Guernsey costs are around £100 per head I think you've got a bargain if weighed up against the costs of coaches & hotels plus the time involved. The club will of course still be able to claim some money for expenses ie the mileage for the journey to Birmingham from Gatwick [presumably] and back which at the allocated rate will see the club get back maybe £700/£800 but it sounds like you need your supporters to buy into the idea in decent numbers if the club is not going to make a massive loss on the day.

Like I said previously I hope it goes well and you get the win as it's great for the club, the CCL and us to some extent as you'll have played a big cup-tie just 48 hrs before visiting us on Easter Monday in a game, which I'll remind everyone again, will be free admittance for all and as it's a 1pm kick off we should get a few supporters from other local CCL teams hopefully to swell the crowd and fill our charity collection buckets for our local Children's Hospice project.

Not sure who that comment was aimed at HKP but hope it wasn't in reply to my post ?

Wasn't aimed at you.

ITS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY YOU WERE CRAP HOW ABOUT THAT EGHAM WERE BETTER IN EVERY DEPARTMENT AN HAD DONE THERE HOMEWORK AN SNUFFED OUT YOUR GAME PLAN FORCING YOUR TEAM TO PLAY BADLY

CAPSLOCK GRR

She said egham were better. Gsy not playing well would obviously have contributed too though as if they had been at the races maybe the home side wouldn't have found it as easy.

But yeh I don't get why you are claiming that we haven't given Egham enough credit when clearly we have. Of course they were excellent an deserved it

She said egham were better. Gsy not playing well would obviously have contributed too though as if they had been at the races maybe the home side wouldn't have found it as easy.

But yeh I don't get why you are claiming that we haven't given Egham enough credit when clearly we have. Of course they were excellent an deserved it

not claiming this against anyone else mate just the comment got my back up a little everybody else has been very gracious in defeat an given credit to egham to many people with an opinion have never played a decent game of football in there life an theres always the rose tinted glasses