Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oscar Pistorius

He certainly pulled the trigger, so the absolute best he can hope for is a manslaughter verdict.

I don't see how he can claim that he thought a 'burglar' had locked himself in the bathroom.

Pistorius is certainly putting on the performance of his life if he is guilty isn't he

Pistorius is certainly putting on the performance of his life if he is guilty isn't he

He's still after an Oscar !!

:ph34r:

Having heard his latest excuses, Jan, (Er Indoors), reckons he hasn't got a leg to stand on !!

• 4 months later...

Doesn't mean that it is always murder. Does it?

Otherwise many police and thugs in the British army would all be charged with murder.

If I was lying in bed and heard noises in the middle of the night the first person I would look for would be my wife and if she was not  next to me I would assume it was her making the noise. 

The press want a story,obviously they had one the minute he killed his girlfriend.

Only those in the courtroom truly know all the facts and the authorities made no secret their wish for him to be found guilty but after nearly year the courts have ruled he didn't murder her,which I always thought they would.

In a country with a crime rate of South Africa and the fact that Guns are sadly essential to protect yourself and property,this sort of tragic thing can happen,personally I am not 100% convinced either way and obviously the duty aren't as there must be unreasonable doubt to find someone guilty

He had a good enough story, no proof at the end of the day what if any intent he had. South African court and judge handled the trial impeccably. You can't find someone guilty of murder just because you are pretty sure the scumbag did it intentionally. Apparently with culpable homicide you can be given the option of paying a 'fine' of sorts to avoid jail. I heard he was broke so not sure if he'll go scot free. Very sorry for Reeva's parents, they must be distraught. 

• 1 month later...

He won't go down

Eastside Urchin - I thought that so was surprised to hear the harsh sentence a few moments ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2801195/oscar-pistorius-finally-learn-sentence-killing-reeva-steenkamp.html

Looks like he'll only serve around 10 months, and possibly in the prison hospital because of his 'disability'  !.

HOWEVER.......

It's pretty certain he'll be banned from competing in any more para-olympics etc !!!

It's pretty certain he'll be banned from competing in any more para-olympics etc !!!

I'm not so sure, I think we could well see him in 2016!

It will all rest with the organising bodies, but general concensus seems to be a banning.

• 9 months later...

I see that, strangely, Oscar Pistorius's planned release from prison on Friday, after serving ten months of his harsh five year sentence, has been suspended, the decision has now been sent back to the parole board for review, one of Pistorius's relatives told the Reuters news agency that they were "shocked and disappointed" at the news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33987669

Hope he rots in jail.

Anyway, he hasn't got a leg to stand on !!!!

:bolt: