Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

5/3/13 fixtures

Feltham FC 5-0 CB Hounslow

The game opened at a furious pace and both sides had early opportunities to open the scoring.

“The Blues” suffered an early blow when Jamal Gohil had to leave the pitch with a torn hamstring on 20 minutes being replaced by Jamal Ramsey. Feltham took time to re-adjust during this period and if anything C.B. were having the better of the exchanges in the first half hour.

Gradually however Feltham began to break down C.B.s strict offside trap and they were rewarded on 36 minutes when they sliced through C.B.s defence and sub Jamal Ramsey fired home.

One minute later and it was 2-0 when this time following a similar move Javonne Molloy converted. Feltham at this stage had their opponents reeling and on 43 minutes playing some lovely inter-passing football and created another chance which was taken with great glee by Jamal Ramsay.

Half Time 3-0

Within two minutes of the restart Jamal Ramsay hit the post and Feltham were continuing with their direct flowing football. During this period the C.B. keeper made several saves to keep The Blues at bay.

On 65minutes Hassan El-Khadi came on to replace Omar El-Bakkali.

Newcomer Kyle Russell had been all over the pitch being a constant thorn in C.B.s defence and had assisted in 2 of the 3 goals in the first half and as he tired he was replaced by Ryan Curtis on 75 minutes. Curtis had an immediate impact on the game with his direct running and as a result of one of these runs he was brought down in the area in the 83rd minute and a penalty was awarded to Feltham. The penalty was duly taken and converted by Jamal Ramsay to complete his well-deserved hat-trick.

The scoring was completed one minute later when Leithan Brimah made a strong run down the right for Curtis to cooly turn the ball in.

Full Time 5-0

A good win for Feltham which hopefully will boost their confidence for some very tough looking upcoming games. There was also a much improved work rate in evidence and this showed.

C.B. Hounslow despite sitting at the bottom of the table played some very good football at times and for them hopefully things will improve.

Just for a change a mention for the officials Nigel Walker, Nigel Hicks and Gary Collins who kept a fast entertaining game flowing.

MOM Jamal Ramsay

Report Derrick Smith

Is Terry still playing for South Kilburn Smudge?

If so,are you planning to visit us next month for the league game? Be good to catch up over a beer if you are

He is still there Daniel,even if he is not playing I would love to come down and have a beer and chat.

Edited by Smudge

Sorry Matt, I disagree. South Park are 13 behind us with five in hand and a better GD. If Guernsey struggle with the fixtures then Epsom and South Park will be the main contenders for a second spot that is looking more and more likely to earn promotion now.

Two of the 14 Step Five Leagues are looking more and more likely not to promote anyone right now. In the Wessex League Newport IOW are 10th, drew on Saturday and lost 4-0 at home to Horndean last night. Their season is virtually over. In the Western League Brislington and Hallen are fighting out for second spot behind Bishop Sutton but both lost last night and will get caught by Larkhall, Cadbury and possibly others.

This would mean four extra spaces from six southern based leagues with nobody claiming a spot from Wessex. There is very much all to play for, and whilst I believe that Cove and Windsor have probably dropped too many points, Guernsey, Epsom and South Park could be going the distance. Of course South Park v Egham is this weekend and a week or two back I'd have wanted Park to win so we could still have a chance of catching Egham, but in reality a better result for us would probably now be an Egham win. Although not by any means an Egham fan, as we've played them far too often over the years, I'm pleased for Borgy and Rodders. Both top blokes.

The Western League won't really affect things though, they will probably just reprieve up the Southern League ladder. Max two will go up from CCL although I agree that it is likely we will get one of the lucky second slots. Cove and Windsor finishing top three will just complicate issues for one of the prospective promotees.

I was under the impression that all Step Four leagues were guaranteed to relegate their bottom club this year?

If that is the case, there will definitely be sixteen spots this season and that means four extra second place spaces if Western and Wessex can't promote while the other twelve can. Assuming ground gradings etc.

It would be nice to have Mike Appleby on here once in a while. He'd save a lot of our time :)

Bob have you ever seen SK play?? I've seen them 3 times this season (and twice last season) and I can honestly say they are the most I'll disciplined team I have ever seen and their behaviour, including their thug of a manager, is just dreadfall I'm afraid (and in each game they have had at least one player sent off). On each occasion I've seen them play they just seem intent on causing trouble. The match officials and clubs I've spoken to all have nothing good to say about them.

Chubby,a very harsh statement,that needs replying to,they argue more amongst themselves,than with the opposition,so they are ill disciplined,which affects their performance more than the opposition.They have had 3 red cards this season,2 of which my Grandson deserved,the 3rd was against Frimley the other night for 2 Yellows,although the Ref's performance was very poor throughout,maybe he was one of the Match Officials you have spoken to and some people do get pre conceived ideas about Clubs and Players before a game.Your remark about the Manager though is disgraceful,he is a passionate Football Man,far from what you have called him,he is no different from a few other Managers in the CCL,that I could name,but will not.Do you really think I would spend,4 hours going to the London F.A. to speak on behalf of a ****,as you put it.He won the case as well,as he disputed the Officials accounts of what they had given.No the Official the other night,probably had reports from other Officials about South Kilburn,reason because he is the CCL assistant referees secretary,self appointed to the game.Phil Nash was his name have since found out,would of expected better from him.So Chubby an apology to the South Kilburn Manager should be your next post on here,if you are a True Man.

Extract from Frimley Greens report on the game:

"The game to be honest was played in great spirits and sportsmanship but two Kilburn players unfortunately spoiled the evening when they decided to square up to a couple of Frimley players for no reason it took a couple of minutes to calm the situation down, The Kilburn skipper commented “ that they always do this when they lose” apart from this incident the South Kilburn players arent a bad bunch"

I was under the impression that all Step Four leagues were guaranteed to relegate their bottom club this year?

I thought that as well. Turns out it's not guaranteed and was announced as such back in July. A blog writer had an interview with Mike Appleby. It goes -

"In addition the FA aims to ensure that any club finishing bottom of a Step 4 league is relegated, even in 2012-13 when only the bottom sides go down, but Appleby conceded it wouldn’t be easy to implement.

“We’re planning to try and relegate the bottom teams where possible and going forward we’re talking to the leagues to enforce this regardless of what happens [in terms of drop outs].

I think this season, though, we would have to reprieve. Step 5 leagues don’t like us taking too many teams in one year. They are very, very reluctant, and I understand their position. It is the leagues, not the clubs, though we have to apply the rules in place as well.”

http://theonionsack.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/news-national-league-system-changes.html

One paragraph sums it up - "The aim is to ensure that all bottom placed clubs at Step 4 are relegated, but if any teams drop out from Steps 1-4, the vacancy created will be filled by relegation reprieves. Extra teams from Step 5 will not be promoted."

There is an error in that piece though - it says there are five leagues that would be allowed to promote two. It has since been confirmed by the FA there are seven.

There is no doubt that the League will be pleased to see two clubs promoted and any suggestion otherwise is false. That said, the League has a duty to try at least to look after all clubs and there is no doubt that if two go up with no-one coming down in return, it has a negative impact upon Division One, which is already four clubs short of it's ideal compliment.

It was my original understanding that the bottom club in each of the six Step 4 divisions would be relegated irrespective of anything else but I now understand that the FA have back tracked on that for this season at least. As things stand at the moment I cannot see anyone coming down to us but sometimes the unexpected happens, as it did with Windsor, who everyone expected would be placed in the Hellenic League.

As far as I am aware, the relevant FA sub-committee meets on 8 May to sort out next season's allocations and their decisions then have to be ratified the following week by the Leagues Committee. Until we get the final decisions, everything else is speculation, although we all indulge in it.

This is becoming a massive exercise in self-preservation from the Leagues here.

The higher leagues want to reprieve clubs even if they have finished bottom, despite the fact that TWO are usually meant to go down. Meanwhile the CCL are against too much promotion as it will have a knock on effect on its Step Six area.

Now I'm not saying that a third or fourth placed side would deserve a promotion here, but if someone tells me that Woodford United (with its grand total of zero points when I last looked) could be reprieved at the expense of an ambitious second placed Step Five club, just because the Western League might not promote then clearly someone in authority has lost the plot.

The FA have stated that Step 5 Leagues can run with a minimum of 20 Clubs, so if 2 get promoted this season why not run with that minimum for a season? If no Club joins CCL from Step 4 or sideways from Step 5, and the teams promoted from Div 1 are replaced by teams relegated from the Premier, at least Div 1 numbers will be maintained (subject of course to any withdrawals or teams relegated for ground-grading reasons).

(subject of course to any withdrawals or teams relegated for ground-grading reasons).

Speaking of which I see the North West Counties league have sent out a warning letter to clubs about the March 31st deadline. As well as potential removal from the league, the letter also points out that FA Cup & Vase entry could be withdrawn by the FA. Will the CCL be sending a letter I wonder?

This is the current situation regarding step 5 and 6 in the south east.

CCL 22 - 18

Sussex 22 – 18

Hellenic 19 – 16/15

Wessex 21 – 16

Kent 17 – 0

Essex 18 – 0

Spartan SM 22 - 21

Some of these step 6 leagues include reserve teams.

Personally speaking, I would not be against reducing the CCL premier division to 20 teams but at the start of the 2014/15 season, allowing a full season for clubs to come to terms with the change.

Whilst it is up to step 6 clubs to sort out any ground issues to enable promotion (lights, seating etc) I would hope that the league and county FA's would continue to actively support and drive them forward so as to encourage their continued membership.

AFAIK, only one club has applied to join division 1 for next season and they need to finish in an appropriate position in their league.

Of course, turkeys will not vote for Christmas, so to speak, unless they can have some assurances that any new broom wont be sweeping without sufficient warning.

Technically, both of our divisions could lose member clubs at the end of the current season!!!

Edited by Chris Clapham

I think that makes perfect sense Chris. Epsom were relegated from the Ryman League in 2003/04 after being told frequently that there would be no relegation that year. In fact our Manager at the time was often quoted using the same line. Only as we got close to March did it appear as though the goalposts were moving and we went down by a point to Corinthian Casuals.

Now I'm not complaining about the relegation itself as we were bottom, but maybe an emergency player or two could have got us that extra point if we'd had a bit more notice. As a club it wasn't felt necessary to spend more when we "couldn't go down" in the first place.

Just out of interest, if CCL1 ran with 18 or even less. So what? The season could start a week or two later and it might be able to finish by the end of April. We were in the Ryman League Division Two for two seasons with just 16 clubs. A small trophy ran alongside it so that clubs didn't lose much in the way of revenue from lost home games. Staines Lammas would be able to get their twelve cup competitions a season in then :)