Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Changing Managers

bomaya

A fair few CCL clubs have changed manager this season for various reasons but would it be fair to say that in general it's had a positive effect?

Egham of course lost their manager to Chipstead but they've gone from strength to strength since and will be League champions.

Dean Thomas left Cove but they recovered and have had a strong season since and will probably finish 3rd or 4th.

Windsor had a change of manager and indeed, entire budget philosophy near the start of the season and although they aren't challenging for the title like many thought last summer, they have made an impressive run to a likely top 6 place.

The other one that springs to mind is Hartley Wintney, they were adrift at the bottom in their first season at this level before a change in personnel has meant an escape from relegation that seemed so unlikely is now possible.

Have there been any other notable changes this season? Any changes that actually caused a detrimental effect?

Its a fact of footballing life that managers come and go at every single level,sometimes it is to the clubs detriment and other times its a success, you could go into any league and they will all have similar stories as the CCL,unfortunately its normally the size of the budget that is important and not the manager,I say lets have a level playing field and pay nobody then you can judge the managers imo.

Totally agree Duncs. It won't happen though mate as there'll always be fools pumping money into football at this level. managers are rightly judged on results against expectation - they're only as good as the players they can get in and possibly improve.

Every year more clubs are in trouble at this time of year due to overspending and chasing one dream or another. The last few days has seen stories about Aldershot, Farnborough and Hereford in financial strife and they've all been there before. Managers put pressure on chairman and they cave in. Money is an issue and it shouldn't be the case at CCL level. Personally I admire the Windsor chairman for doing what he did. He knew he had some good young players at the club though.

Quite a few of the sides at the top of the CCL Premier aren't paying.

Really ? I hope that is true and it is indicitive of the way forward in future years.

Let's leave Guernsey's finances out of this for obvious reasons.

I assume Egham and Epsom & Ewell pay but correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know about Cove - anyone know?

South Park and Windsor don't pay - so two out of five is maybe not "quite a few" but it's something.

Let's leave Guernsey's finances out of this for obvious reasons.

I assume Egham and Epsom & Ewell pay but correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know about Cove - anyone know?

South Park and Windsor don't pay - so two out of five is maybe not "quite a few" but it's something.

Its a very simple world you live in Bommie,I'm afraid Smudge is right and its really worrying that clubs are going down this route, I have been told this is happening at one of our local clubs and they have had a really bad season compared to recent seasons

That is worrying IP,I was talking to a conference south player recently and he only receives £30 a game and a small win bonus if his team wins,some of our clubs are paying much more than this its a fecking joke,I think clubs from Ryman Prem up should get some sort of payment but below that apart from £10 for petrol (if they have to come from more than 20 miles ) it should be nothing,look at the facilities that are provided nowadays often with food as well and a clean kit, come on fellas they should really be paying to play, it has to change

good shout Smudge,but I tell you sooner or later one of these players is gonna have the tax man after them and then everything will have to change,the worry now with managers paying cash in hand is can clubs afford to be investigated I really hope so.

Further to your post Duncs,would like to think that Referees would do their job for nothing.IN AN IDEAL WORLD.They of course always inform the Inland Revenue.

Thats another good shout Smudge,in the past when I have been self employed have had to pay an accountant to sort my books and this included any income that was received,just think the old Tax Man would be licking his lips if he knew what was beeing handed out,I think if you claim expenses you have to keep the receipts to claim back the VAT.

Inland Revenue are already tightening up on clubs intending to go 'bust' to escape complete annihilation.

Maybe it's time ALL football players have to have photo ID and be registered with that dreaded government department ??

Problem solved !!

Edited by Big J R

Quite a few of the sides at the top of the CCL Premier aren't paying.

I know a player is getting paid at Windsor but not what they were paying last season.  Also South Park players are getting paid something Bomaya - expenses I have been informed.  Egham probably have the biggest budget in the CCL now after Windsor have reduced theirs, that is if the Guernsey players are not getting paid ? But they do have personal sponsors, so call it what you will.  Cove and Epsom are paying out dosh as is Badshot Lea who inveriably has a decent budget each season thats top 6/7 clubs.   

We currently pay our players, but without doubt we have punched above our weight on that front this season. We certainly aren't one of the top four payers.

Whether we can afford to pay them for much longer is a matter that will have to be debated in the next couple of years though.