Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guard of honour

Guernsey finish 2nd get promoted.via default just telling the truth no need to insult me

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was your team that got promoted this way? Simple fact is GFC were fortunate that the FA wanted to expand Step 4. I've heard it said that they did this simply to ensure Guernsey got promoted. Same person also told me man never went to the moon.

I can't understand why there is continued posting on this thread (and I'm a bit annoyed with myself for reading it all).  It was started by and carried on by someone who has found only little support for his views and much opposition.  Further, his opinions have been expressed in the most offensive language, calculated to provoke. Surely the thread can just stop now and could have stopped days ago if people had refused to be provoked.

Guernsey played 20 games in a month lets give them a guard of honour what a load of old tosh.

I think they will have the shock of there life in the Ryman where teams won't be kissing there butt every week.

How long before a team says NO there not travelling by plane?

Allez Allez arse licking

If a team refuses to travel by plane after Guernsey FC have been accepted into that league will purely be their problem Bob - they would be guilty of failing to fulfil a fixture and probably docked points as a result.

As for the best team debate, yes Egham have been excellent this season and are worthy Champions, but who can deny that if it wasn't for the fixture backlog and games had been played at a more regular rate, Guernsey surely would have picked up the extra one or two ones they needed? Maybe they wouldn't, who knows? just my thoughts that if it wasn't for having to play matches with little or no rest, Guernsey would have turned a couple more of those draws or losses into wins.

Have enjoyed debating on here but you Bob have never been able to balance your arguments, with them being fuelled out of pure dislike and bias against.

Haven't been on here for a while so congratulations to Egham and good luck in whichever league the FA puts you in next season. I'm just delighted that after all the difficulties and challenges, my team has managed to go up too. Thanks to all those clubs who made our away trips so enjoyable, a lot of friendly, welcoming folk in the CCL (for the most part). From now on, whether we are eventually back in this league or not, I will always be following this league closely (both divisions) to see how it's going, particularly the fortunes of Eversley & California, Hartley Wintney, South Park, Molesey, Farnham Town, Colliers Wood United, Raynes Park Vale, among one or two others. Will also keep an eye on how Egham are getting on in their division.

For those who will miss us, thanks for your support. For those that don't, who needs you?

As for the original point made in this forum, thanks very much to Farnham Town for their gesture. They are well within their rights to do so even if they don't have to. I think it was great they congratulated and acknowledged the overcoming of such a huge challenge that Guernsey faced.

Let's not forget that rugby teams do this pretty much EVERY game

Edited by Green Lion

Here are two facts:

1 Egham got lucky because of our schedule.

2 bobuk has a train set in his attic.

OK, so I'm guessing on one.

You fecking cheeky git. 31 wins to your 30! We did not exactly have it easy with a 19 man squad in the run in, whereas Guernsey could pluck from a collection of squads to bolster the numbers - and no, I am not counting MLT. We played against each other twice and won one apiece. This is why I have developed a dislike of Guernsey FC - not the players, not the committee, but the sheer bloody arrogance of too many of its fans. You seem to think that because you represent an island and get massive crowds we should all defer to you. Well, duck fat for a game of soldiers. I hope when you get promoted that you begin to realise that other teams will hate you too if this attitude carries on.

Edited by tempestward

Here's 3 irrefutable truths.

1. Egham deserve to be champions and are completely worthy of that accolade.

2. Guernsey were extremely unfortunate with their fixture pile up and would undoubtedly have won the league without that factor.

3. bobuk is an idiot.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, in case it sounded like I was saying Egham didn't deserve to be champions. 96 points certainly makes you worthy of winning any league. Just trying to make the point it could have been different, through no fault of Egham's of course, if Guernsey hadn't had to cram in so many games with so little rest.

Edited by Green Lion

You fecking cheeky git. 31 wins to your 30! We did not exactly have it easy with a 19 man squad in the run in, whereas Guernsey could pluck from a collection of squads to bolster the numbers - and no, I am not counting MLT. We played against each other twice and won one apiece. This is why I have developed a dislike of Guernsey FC - not the players, not the committee, but the sheer bloody arrogance of too many of its fans. You seem to think that because you represent an island and get massive crowds we should all defer to you. Well, duck fat for a game of soldiers. I hope when you get promoted that you begin to realise that other teams will hate you too if this attitude carries on.

You beat us by 2 points which was enough to win the league well done to you and the record books don't lie it will say league winners  Egham.

The amount of media attention and gate numbers that GFC bought to the league was more likely a consideration for the powers that be  that did us no favours in deciding on the ludicrous fixture schedule as another year in CCL would not of done them any harm!

I am not sure where you got the impression that anyone thought that other teams should defer to GFC? I would think that if you look at the season we have been the ones that have had to defer to the other teams.

I do not think we have asked for special treatment more just to be treated fairly.

To be honest I think we would of won the league without the ludicrous fixture schedule and I would guess that most looking at it objectively would agree.

I am sorry if you think that anyone is belittling your achievement and can understand that you are passionate about your team and proud of them winning the league as you should be. 

You won it you are the champions congratulations and good luck next season.

Egham fans (and others) are too ready to be offended.

The trophy is won, and it is deservedly Egham's, nobody from Guernsey (nor I) are trying to take that away from them.

I am a total neutral and admired both teams as they took maximum points off Windsor, on all 4 occasions giving us a bit of a pasting, but it is my strong belief that the pile up cost G the title.

Chillax.

G fans have been respectful and complimentary of all opposition teams and clubs on the vast majority of occasions and it will only be a very small minority who find something to dislike about them.

Hope they both do well next season.

All that publicity is about Guernsey not the CCL and that's how you want it

Glad you're still listening in bob. I need your help. I've been thinking of getting some rolling stock freight and can't decide between the Bachmann 12 Ton cattle Wagon in Grey, or in Bauxite. What do you reckon you little Fat Controller you ?

Hardly by default GFC and many others have worked hard to get it, its not like it's fallen at their feet!! (its about time they had some luck)

I suspect he was typing tongue in cheek in response too the nonsensical suggestion that Egham got lucky.