Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guard of honour

Even though this is about the guard of honour lets see what Guernsey have taken from teams

Div1 Bedfont sports 2nd should be champs

4th place Warlingham should of been promoted

Collies wood cup

Team finishing 2nd this season gone up

Now there gone and these teams have all been effected there history because of Guernsey POOR a team who will be deceased in a few years

Even though this is about the guard of honour lets see what Guernsey have taken from teams

Collies wood cup

Now there gone and these teams have all been effected there history because of Guernsey POOR a team who will be deceased in a few years

Could someone help Bob pick up his toys?

Collies wood cup

I'm sure there have been many teams that have left the CCL for one reason or another and no doubt their demise would have impacted on other club's history however I don't see you moaning about them. You obviously have a very large CHIP on your shoulder when it comes to Guernsey. Either grow up and accept the fact that Guernsey are no different to other clubs wanting to better themselves or get back in the sandpit and play with the other juniors.

Collies wood cup

The fact of the matter is, had Bedfont Sports and Warlingham been good enough to win the league and/or promotion then they would have done.   Also have you considered the fact that Colliers Wood may not have beaten whoever else may have been in the final had it not been GFC.  What about all the teams we knocked out on the way to the final?  I'm sure most of those would be slightly aggrieved that you are assuming CWU would have beaten them had they got to the final.

Bitter Bitter man.

They did it for one simple reason and its something the likes of Bob rarely understand or use, RESPECT.

Can someone please start another thread about Farnham also doing a guard of honour against Wembley for Batesy earlier on in the season? Got to be worth a few big bites and further utterly pointless discussion? Two guards of honour in one season? I'm no good at maths but I imagine that means people want to see Farnham relegated two steps in the next two seasons.

Best team in the League??????        1, Got stuffed 3-1 and outplayed at the Runnymede stadium( I was there) 2. Trophy sitting in our clubhouse,......................Don't think so. Up The  Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Fair point, but on aggregate we won by six goals to four! :)

Anyway why did they give you a guard of honour absolute embarrassing if I was associated with Farnham

They might also be embarrarrased if you were associated with their club?

How long before a team says NO there not travelling by plane?

That would not be a problem, they can still travel by boat or swim.

this forum will be boring next season without gurnsey who people going to moan about??!!GOOD LUCK for the future we would of given you a guard of honour for what you have achieved in 2 seasons,decent club decent supporters i will never forget the way we were treated by them and we also had our biggest crowd of season at home as did proberlt most clubs.so lets get off thetr back!!

this forum will be boring next season without gurnsey who people going to moan about??!!GOOD LUCK for the future we would of given you a guard of honour for what you have achieved in 2 seasons,decent club decent supporters i will never forget the way we were treated by them and we also had our biggest crowd of season at home as did proberlt most clubs.so lets get off thetr back!!

Paul's. this forum will never be boring. Not while certain people are still associated with the CCL. Guernsey have come and gone and well done to them but this forum aint going no where. This thread is getting some massive bites thou and i bet bobuk is deffo cracking up some where reading the replies. He got exactly what he wanted

I agree with the above. Players come and go, and so do clubs.

For those who didn't get to Guernsey, bad luck, you missed out on a great opportunity that will probably never come around again. However, there are 39 other clubs in the CCL too. 

Paul's. this forum will never be boring. Not while certain people are still associated with the CCL. Guernsey have come and gone and well done to them but this forum aint going no where. This thread is getting some massive bites thou and i bet bobuk is deffo cracking up some where reading the replies. He got exactly what he wanted

I just called the lifeguards my boat is sinking

I definitely would have done. Guernsey have been great for the league. Bigger crowds, publicity for the CCL and in all honesty, probably the only time most of us are going to be treated like professional footballers. If a club is going to take the time to be hospitable, just out of respect they deserve some commendation. I’ve enjoyed playing against them and have applauded their supporters at both our home losses in the 2 seasons. Good luck and all the best.