Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youth cup final

Weeble

Went to the Cambo v WIndsor youth game. Some good football played and Cambo won 3-1. There was a worrying period though when a Windsor player collapsed for no reason and an ambulance was called and the game was stopped for some 35-40mins. The young lad was put in the back of the ambulance I hope he is well. The staff from both teams and helpers looked as if they were doing all they could for him but the ambulance took an age to get there. This is a reminder of how important it is to have medical staff involved in football. I would rather pay a qualified Physio than a player anyday.

Went to the Cambo v WIndsor youth game. Some good football played and Cambo won 3-1. There was a worrying period though when a Windsor player collapsed for no reason and an ambulance was called and the game was stopped for some 35-40mins. The young lad was put in the back of the ambulance I hope he is well. The staff from both teams and helpers looked as if they were doing all they could for him but the ambulance took an age to get there. This is a reminder of how important it is to have medical staff involved in football. I would rather pay a qualified Physio than a player anyday.

One day this will become mandatory.

The player who went down had a heart problem. I heard some of the Windsor players say this has happened to him before and the paramedics were told this when they arrived. I was right in line with the player while he was on the pitch and it seemed like he was slipping in and out of consciousness but he appeared to be sitting up in the back of the ambulance when I walked past at the end of the game so hopefully he's as well as he can be.

If this is the second time it's happened then it may well be the last game of football he'll play which would be a shame at such a young age.

Firstly, well done to Camberley for winning the final.

After 70 minutes Windsor left back Brandon Blair collapsed with a suspected heart problem. After treatment from the paramedics he was taken to West Middlesex hospital were he is now receiving treatment. No more is known at the moment but as soon as it is I will let you know,

Many thanks not only to our medical staff but to the Camberley staff who helped while we waited for the ambulance.

Brandon was released from hospital at sound 3am, still not knowing what caused the collapse.

He will return to hospital for further tests.

I'd like to add my congratulations to the Camberley youth team which featured both Ryman and Allied Counties players. Seven of those that played  have played at Suburban League level for the reserves this season - which is exactly what the club wants. A good, well deserved, win last night.  :) Best wishes to the Windsor player and well done to all for completing the game after a prolonged break.

i wish the lad well

surely the fa have to introduce a new rule that all clubs from a certain step must have a qualified phsio an first aider the fabrice muamba, mitchell cole scenarios should of been a wake up call

i wish the lad well

surely the fa have to introduce a new rule that all clubs from a certain step must have a qualified phsio an first aider the fabrice muamba, mitchell cole scenarios should of been a wake up call

Newby,  The FA, in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation, are currently giving clubs the opportunity to acquire and gain training in using defibrillators at a very reasonable cost.

I'm pleased to hear the player is okay, and I hope the continued monitoring and check-ups sort it out going forward.

It was certainly a worrying moment at the time, but I was really pleased with the prompt action and attitude of both the clubs at the game.

Ah right.

Last night's ref was a bit too fussy for my liking. I went along to watch a game of football, not listen to a man in black blowing a bloody whistle. (That said, I had no objection to him stamping hard on bad language / dissent, I just don't feel the rules are applied in the same way in Senior games.)

Oh, and I thought the red cards (completely deserved of course) probably wouldn't have happened if he'd blown for a free kick (penalty?) for the dreadful 2 footed challenge by the Windsor player in the 1st place. Odd that he'd let that one go when he'd blown for everything else. Maybe he had lost a bit of focus after the long hold up.

Newby,  The FA, in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation, are currently giving clubs the opportunity to acquire and gain training in using defibrillators at a very reasonable cost.

im sure our physio is trained on this but i presume just contact them to find out more?

im sure our physio is trained on this but i presume just contact them to find out more?

I was under the impression that clubs had been contacted.

Ah right.

Last night's ref was a bit too fussy for my liking. I went along to watch a game of football, not listen to a man in black blowing a bloody whistle. (That said, I had no objection to him stamping hard on bad language / dissent, I just don't feel the rules are applied in the same way in Senior games.)

Oh, and I thought the red cards (completely deserved of course) probably wouldn't have happened if he'd blown for a free kick (penalty?) for the dreadful 2 footed challenge by the Windsor player in the 1st place. Odd that he'd let that one go when he'd blown for everything else. Maybe he had lost a bit of focus after the long hold up.

He didn't blow for everything else though and actually missed two very important decisions [a] a blatant push in the back by the winger who crosssed for the first goal and the off the ball kick by the Camberley No.3.  He also told both teams that two words he would immediately red-card were cheat and the other 'C' word so the No.3 was again clearly a very lucky boy when everyone in the ground except the ref heard him shout 'C' after receiving a hefty challenge !  

I felt he contributed to a poor game by not playing enough advantages for both sides thus not allowing either side to get into any sort of rhythm.

Overall though Camberley were the better side on the night and deserved their win but it was a shame though that the medical scare and subsequent delay took some shine off the latter part of the game. 

Oh, and there was a clear handball in the build up to their 2nd.

They would of course say, with some degree of justification I think, that Mo handled the ball 2 or 3 times when collecting it on his chest. (They didn't lead directly to goals though.)

Archived