Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th August Games

Valley 0-3 Epsom

Disappointed with the result, thought we had the better of the first half, with the Epsom keeper making a couple of decent saves.

First goal was poor from our point of view, collection of mistakes, leaving McGregor with a relatively straightforward finish.

Game was killed in the second half with a penalty on the hour (interesting what a different view gives you, for me and a guy on the right side of the pitch, it was never a pen, from some of our lads in the stand it was nailed on).

Wasn't that impressed with Epsom to be honest - don't get me wrong they were very effective - but had heard a lot about how they keep the ball, but thought they were pretty direct. Still, decent keeper, and Hough and Burns will always cause teams problems.

We will just have to regroup and go again, at Bedfont on Tuesday.

Has Krooner made a Comeback then,cannot be Mewcenary,no Penalties given.Footie has hung up his Whistle at this level.

Smudge mate no danger of that but there are some horrible rumours that mini Funnell (1) has passed his Refs exam.

Hanworth Villa 3-1 Westfield

Started well but 2 goals in as many minutes just before half time left us on the back foot.

Started well 2nd half and came back into the match but shot ourselves in the foot by conceeding nearly straight away.

Harsh lesson where mistakes are punished and we need to learn quick

Ash Utd 3 Bedfont Sports 0

first home win for the new management & team

first half wasnt much to talk about but 2nd half improved & we scored 3 quick goal & 2 goals were excellent a 20 yard curler & 35 yards screamer. Bedfont had their chances in the first half but after we had scored seem to want to moan at the ref (who i thought did well for his first game at this level) (fellow fans focus gold member)

we are still learning but hopefully this win will give us the confidence to go on & surprise other teams

hope we won due to our skills & determinations & not down to our pitch

Determination was the key by a mile every area we lost our battles an after tuesday is massively disappointing. First goal was a big deflection an then agree two good strikes ,we never got going at all today an consistency is the key which we need to find quick !! I didnt think the pitch was that bad but then i never played was bobbly buf had grass on it an skills ........your 11 who scored the third yes the rest no just battlers that did there job today so fair play See you at our place

banstead 2-2 spelly

Spelthorne controlled the first 20mins and deservedly went 1 -0 up thanks to a great finish from Adam Williams. then within 5 minutes Spelthorne full back got caught out with a cross field ball which allowed banstead to get in and score. banstead then got into the game and came close to scoring just on ht.

2nd half banstead went 2-1 up within 2 mins of the half, which from our point of view was a very soft goal again coming from numerous mistakes.

with 20 mins to go fayed got put threw and slotted home only to be ruled out for offside, when it was clear to see from all he had timed his run very well. from there on in we put banstead under pressure and scored with 7 to go threw fayed but just couldn't get the winner.

good character from the boys, but we expect to win these games and maybe this will be a blessing in disguise

good luck to banstead, was made to feel very welcome

Football is great, isn't it?

43 of us there and I'm the fourth one "reporting" on this forum. We all have slightly different views too!

I can't agree that Mole Valley dominated the first half, although by the time of our first goal I felt that they had just shaded possession and chances. That said, the defence splitting pass from Burns to McGregor was superb and Al had an easy job to finish as the keeper was massively exposed. 

As many will know, I like to stand behind the goal, as I feel that I get the best view of most of the good bits. Having said that, for the penalty decision we were obscured by the keeper! I will concede that it looked clumsy though and I would suggest from my limited view that the defender got the ball, but went through Kyle to get it. A good third goal made the scoreline harsh on Mole Valley, but taking your chances is what it's all about and that's all the more positive for us after we didn't take enough chances at Alton and had to settle for the 1-0 there when we might have had eight on another day. 

Our first three matches have been interesting. On paper, a new (transferred) side and two promoted sides NEED to be beaten if you are to compete with the Windsors and South Parks of this world, but we haven't always done that. Traditionally we have been slow starters, so I'm sure our Management are more than happy with the nine points, even though we haven't been at our best in the last two games. We can get better than this, that is for certain, but with a regular tough visit to Camberley and a trip to Whyteleafe in the Cup before Cove in the League, we'll probably have to. As Egham in particular proved last year, you have to be consistent in this League and for sure that will be our goal this season.

Farleigh 1-5 Staines Lammas

I popped over to Croydon to view my first staines game of the season and I didn't leave disappointed. A load new faces I didn't recognise and load new changes in the team too, looking like Redders is captain now as last years was playing too without the armband. Anyway Staines started slow with Farleigh battling away but Lammas went 1 up with a great finish by one of the youngsters up top. Farleigh equalised a minute later with a goal from a set piece. 1-1 at half time and Staines came out the blocks rapidly and went with a well taken half volley in to the top corner. Then two goals came quick to put staines 4-1 up and the goal of the match when the staines Lm cut inside and rifled a strike from 25 yards into the top corner. Top stuff.

4-5-1 good to get points on board early doors but reports don't sound good if eversley didn't mess up there subs that more than likely would of been a defeat and 1up at sandhurst and sandhurst down to ten and draw then some late goals against farlieght who are your new signings. We are going to struggle I think unless some players turn up from somewhere hopefully newby has some news on players?

I weren't at the other two games mate and can only comment on Saturday and were worthy of the win. As for signings I couldn't tell you mate of names but I know a few have come from South Kilburn and Slough Town.

Lol nice and local. Dunno why they come that far! I haven't seen the pitch yet but Ben does a great Job of it so I'm sure it's good. Ashford faves for there league this year did you say? Who's left Bedfont then?

4-5-1 good to get points on board early doors but reports don't sound good if eversley didn't mess up there subs that more than likely would of been a defeat and 1up at sandhurst and sandhurst down to ten and draw then some late goals against farlieght who are your new signings. We are going to struggle I think unless some players turn up from somewhere hopefully newby has some news on players?

i think we'll miss cookie massively an turner because hes versatile but on the flipside hodge is playing out of skin an i believe thats because turner has now gone , were short on wingers at the mo defensively id say were stronger than last year we just havent performed in two of our opening three games which is disappointing. steff a winger that has joined is as good as cookie but work commitments mean hes not there every week . bynre whos gone to egham an stanford who is likely to end up in prison are gone but both never really played that much last season due to injuries. attitude is our main downfall if an a big if we get that right we'll do well if not a mid table season again me thinks