Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Badshot Lea game and the state of things

Rother

Rother,we have the same problem on the Slough forum!

People seem to think when someone puts up their honest view of how their team performed,as though it was some terrible slight against the team/management/club.

As I try to point out on our forum,if we all agreed with everything,there would be no forum !!!

Forums are about debate.

From this outsider,I can see value from all that has been written about on this thread.Windsor are trying to do the honourable approach by keeping costs to a minimum and the players,you have got,currently, are to be admired.

The problem will undoubtedly come if your team achieves promotion,as better players will be needed.Money then will need to come into it,unfortunately.

We all moan about individual games/players/manager,when we think our team has dropped below the standard we expect from them.

Good luck to Windsor for the rest of the season.

Going by what Geggy has commented on in the past, paying players at Windsor is now a thing of the past and even if they get promotion they will continue not to pay players even if that means relegation back to step 5 or step 6.

Forums need participants to drive them,unfortunately all is right in the Camp posts,do not do this.However when posters stray away from the Hunky Dorey,all is right posts,they get short shrift from fellow Members,as I know through experience.But should a poster be criticised for Honestly held views,which often turn out to be correct.I'm with Rother on this one.

I think the response to Rother's comments are taken in the wrong way. No one is saying the performances have not been below what is expected, but they are saying that the team has been hit with unfortunate absences that have caused this drop in performance. Maybe some of our performances last year were above that of this year and that is the issue, maybe some players are just struggling a bit at the moment or off form, it happens.

The main thing is I agree with Geggy and Sec that there is not a huge problem to be panicking about. I mean look at the quality of players we are waiting to return from injury, then look at our league position and the results we have ground out when not playing champagne football. I mean we were down to 16th last year with 9 losses out of 10 games I think it was, and we fought back to close to second at one point. If we put a run of games together we will easily be in the driving seat.

As for all this "If you say anything negative you get shot down" that is total rubbish. What you might get is a difference of opinion on here,you won't get insulted or called names like on other message boards, but the beauty of football and this forum is that you can express your opinion.

I mentioned at the beginning of the season that I thought our strength in depth was lacking and Rother gave me a list of players he thought were more than adequate over and we would be fine.  That is his opinion and he is entitled to it and only after 40+ games will one of us be proved right (I hope its him!!!). 

So if you put something on here that is negative or points out something you think is not going well, it is good because it promotes conversations, debates and thought, and might even make you change your mind if you are given a different perspective.

anyway, see all you lovely chaps Saturday, those of you who know me will know I will be stupidly optimistic and expectant of a solid win and (another) great performance.

so bring it on and come you Guardsmen!!

PS should we not also decide on a permanent nickname.....

Stags is the obvious choice for me. Scotty The Stag and Stag Meadow is more than enough reason and easy to chant from the terraces.

Guardsmen? Why? The two barracks in town are The Household Cavalry and the Coldstream Guards. Can you really imagine anyone from the CGs chanting Guardsmen?

I still like the suggestion of Lepers and that is well and truly original. Can you imagine turning up somewhere like Croydon dressed as such? Shame is no-one would tell us apart from the locals.

Just imagine if everyone came with a hand bell to ring, it would add another meaning to the song chanted from behind the goal, not only would the opposition suport see us coming they would hear us in true Leper fashion.

Go on you Lepers :dancingman:  

"UNCLEAN !   -  UNCLEAN !!!"