Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield 1-2 Blues

billericayboy28

Worked really hard and kept going till the goals finally came after being one down early on. Glenn Poole smashed home a penalty with 20 mins left (their three got a red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity on Isaac layne) and Junior Luke leapt to head home the winner on 87. We lined up 1-11 as : Lumley, Imudia, Beavon, Dunne, Halle, Rodgers, Kouassi, Poole, Benjamin, Bonnett-Johnson, Layne   Subs: Robinson for Benjamin, Luke for Kouassi, Webber for Layne

match highlights are below. the penalty decision is from 4m 18secs -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLk1bYYHU4

I might be biased but I think it was harsh decision when looking at it again. Superbly timed last ditch tackle or late tackle in the box causing clear goal scoring opportunity???     Would be good to get BTFC fan's opinion?

Have to agree with you there looks like he get's something on the ball first ,must admit thought it was deffo a pen at the time and  for me it was a match changing decision.

Had a good day out yesterday and enjoyed Enfields set up best ground I have been to with running track.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Disappointing first half hour which reminded me of Carshalton. We were much better second half though and the subs did well again.

If I was an ET fan I'd be disappointed I got nothing but from our point of view it's encouraging we can be a bit below our best and still get three points.

Must admit at the time I thought it was a nailed on penalty although I did wonder if the Lino had bottled it. Perhaps the video will tell a different story.

Onwards and upwards. Cup week now. COYB!

The Enfield player does play the ball first BUT the ball is still with the Billericay player when he gets brought down on the follow through therefore a definite penalty. Three more points and up to 8th.

COYB

Without the replay it was always going to be a penalty. We normally don't get these decisions in our favour so nice to see it happen just when we needed it. Well taken by Mr Poole

A good day out for the shoe army

There seems to be more support that it was a penalty on the Enfield site. I think there was also a strong case for a red card for the Chris Wild tackle.

At the time I thought it was a penalty but not a red card. Not changed my mind after seeing replay. For a second I thought we were going to have another Maidstone situation!

Not sure the highlights showed everything as Evans Kouassi missed a sitter and Sean Bonnett-Johnson had a great chance as well. Overall we didn't play with the same intensity as previous games but we've ground out 3 points after going behind. Great cross from Webber to Junior to head home. Looked a decent set-up and certainly didn't have that Athletics feel about it, take note Upminster and Chelmsford!

Good to see Pers Helg-Berg enjoy a win for a change!

We were right in line with the pen and no doubts if you look carefully you will see the defenders leg rise and catch isaacs right foot tripping him Lino was next to us and saw the same. red card? I thought it a yellow but as the assessor said he would have walked any way. Good battling win for us a after a very tired lacklustre first 25mins.

Roll on guernsey massive game for club players and fans lets show them what we can do.

At the time I thought it was a penalty but not a red card. Not changed my mind after seeing replay. For a second I thought we were going to have another Maidstone situation!

Not sure the highlights showed everything as Evans Kouassi missed a sitter and Sean Bonnett-Johnson had a great chance as well. Overall we didn't play with the same intensity as previous games but we've ground out 3 points after going behind. Great cross from Webber to Junior to head home. Looked a decent set-up and certainly didn't have that Athletics feel about it, take note Upminster and Chelmsford!

Good to see Pers Helg-Berg enjoy a win for a change!

They also do nice burgers and have grass on their pitch,Billericay take note

A nailed on pen for me as the player raises his leg to catch Evans after the balls gone past. Probably a yellow card offence tho for me.

Still don't like grounds with running tracks, but at least this one had some fans in attendance to create a bit of atmosphere

Not in the box anyway (at least not a red one)

Archived