Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup

Old Dodder

Over to you Rob and Andy, don't drink myself

They are pretty average

If you are travelling by train from London you really only have a few options.

The Ground is based in Upminster

Next to Upminster Station you have the Essex Yeoman.

Has draught lager,Guinness and bitter but not usually great In their choice of ales but I was in there Monday and saw something regarding guest ales so they may have a few in,will check for you.

They have live sport in there,duke box, fruit machines,pool table and darts board.

Platform 7 Bar

Bit upmarket,selling Peroni,Amstel,Guinness,carlsberg,Stella etc on tap.No Bitter.

Probably not a footy place but as a larger drinker I don't mind it,although it's £3.80 a pint,you get the odd sort in there !!!

The Crumpled Horn (3-4 mins down high street)

A whether spoons sort of place,usual fare,decent lagers, few ales etc,nothing more to add.

Bar 3 0 (near crumpled horn)

A bar,similar to platform 7 but has live sport

The above are all in the Upminster town centre.

The first two are a 8-10 min walk to ground or £3.50 in minicab (black cab will be about £6)

The other two are a 5 min walk through the park which is opposite.

The nearest pub to the ground is the Windmill.

Many locals have buoycotted the pub in recent months as the landlady was apparantly a complete [****!!****]er but I believe she has gone.

It's a 3 minute walk to the ground,although I suspect we may open the other turnstile for away fans which is actually about a 45 second walk away opposite the pub.

It serves decent beer in there and I think some guest ales.

The optimist is about 10 minutes away and sells Adnams and a few decent ales & Lagers but it's the distance away from the ground that probably means it's a bit too far,but if you do make it there,to get to the ground you turn right at the pub,walk down the hill to the river and follow the river to the right to the ground,if it's been peeing down though it may be flooded!!!

Our clubhouse will most probably be home fans only as it isn't massive but the club are yet to confirm this.

Hornchurch town centre is about 20-25 minutes walk away and the pubs there are alright at best.

JJ moons is a Witherspoon so does what it says on the tin

Suttons arms is ok

Best one is Fatling & Firkin, live sport, pool etc

None apart from moons are great for ales though.

Your best bet in my opinion is any of the Upminster pubs and The Windmill because if it's proximatey to the ground

Looking at the above makes me realise what a crap place upminster is for pubs with a bit of character.

I really hope it doesn't go to a replay!!

Although if we are 1 down in injury time I will take it....I am supposed to be going on holiday the Saturday morning of the game but have struck a deal with the missus that we can go straight after the final whistle.

Me [****!!****]ing off Tuesday morning,getting on the lash and returning to our holiday park Wednesday some time is probably not going to happen.....we'll see though,hopefully we can finish the job on the Saturday!!!

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Thanks for the help.  You seem a bit short on proper footy boozers.  In the event of a replay, you'll certainly enjoy a trip to Hereford;)

Coach and minibus already booked.

See you a week on Saturday.

Mate of mine lives in Hereford, used to work at Madley earth station, lives in Quantock Close.

As he's from Tonbridge he supports the Angels, drinks in the bowling club.

I see Grays no longer have any interest in the FA cup, leaked another four goals last night losing 4-0 at home to Daventry

They'll be kicking themselves that they've lost that one. You'd have fancied them to have beaten a side from the equivalent of the Essex Senior league if they had got through.