Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BIG SHAKE UP IN CCL?

Smudge

On the 3G issue again, with the proposed redevelopment of FGFC is there any chance of the playing surface being 3/4G?

Fantastic news for the borough if so.

I understand soil samples have been taken recently ? or was that attempt to get rid of the water?

3 years isn't long enough without the forward thinking councils etc, make it 5 and I hope to be able to provide more than just Maidstone Utd as an example. I will try and get some stats of my own on 3G pitches for hire that are not connected to football clubs as they all seem to be fully booked right now....oh and when I come back to you, your buying the drinks, it can go down on your expenses ;)

Great banter, look forward to seeing any stats you get.

Happy to buy you a drink, I might if I'm in a good mood extend the offer to Krooner!!! But I'd have to be drunk first.

Ask SHBC how much expenses I've claimed in 7 years,your entitled to and it's on public record. The answer by the way is zero, nil, nothing. Clearly I wont go far in politics!!

4 full size 3G pitches would cost around £1.8m

A 1% increase in council tax in SH is equal to around 60K

A 30% increase in council tax would give you the money though!!

Good luck with your election campaign Barrie!!!!

Just my view, looking at the stats from Surrey Heath Population figures there are around 60,000 adult members paying council tax. Retain £1 per household per month for two years and you have 1.4 million. Rather than adding it on to people's tax to pay for it try using what you already get and give something back to the community. Then you and the clubs could start making a profit. Now if Barrie pitches that then I'm with him. Get the kids out playing sports instead of sitting at home on game consoles and while your at it put width restrictions on the entrances to McDonalds. Edited by Young Veteran

Just my view, looking at the stats from Surrey Heath Population figures there are around 60,000 adult members paying council tax. Retain £1 per household per month for two years and you have 1.4 million. Rather than adding it on to people's tax to pay for it try using what you already get and give something back to the community. Then you and the clubs could start making a profit. Now if Barrie pitches that then I'm with him. Get the kids out playing sports instead of sitting at home on game consoles and while your at it put width restrictions on the entrances to McDonalds.

Excellent idea about width restrictions .... I am assuming you meant for humans

Excellent idea about width restrictions .... I am assuming you meant for humans

Yes FM, most that I have visited have an enclosure as you enter with two sets of doors, maybe they could put a weigh bridge in there and a height stick, if your weight is too high the second door won't open. This is a whole different subject anyway and I understand it is a genetic problem for most lazy people.

Get real YV,OBESITY is a Cultural problem well it is in Croydon.Bit like this new found up turn in the Economy that this Coalition is telling us is happening,the main reason is Petrol in May 2013 was 142.9p per litre,it is currently 127.9p per litre,a full 15p per litre cheaper.All prices rose when the price went up,do you ever see anything coming down.As for Politicians,Councillors,they rob us blind.Croydon Council has just spent £120,000,000 on a new Town Hall,nothing at all for the Council Tax payers.By your reckoning we could of had 91 x 3g pitches for hire in this Borough

Get real YV,OBESITY is a Cultural problem well it is in Croydon.Bit like this new found up turn in the Economy that this Coalition is telling us is happening,the main reason is Petrol in May 2013 was 142.9p per litre,it is currently 127.9p per litre,a full 15p per litre cheaper.All prices rose when the price went up,do you ever see anything coming down.As for Politicians,Councillors,they rob us blind.Croydon Council has just spent £120,000,000 on a new Town Hall,nothing at all for the Council Tax payers.By your reckoning we could of had 91 x 3g pitches for hire in this Borough

It was tongue in cheek Smudgy, I really don't want to get started on politics etc on here as I could get sore thumbs. Catch up at a game soon ;)

Planners advice for the Tesco near your ground was to approve Barrie!!!! But was turned down by the committee (Councillors)!!

So I put it to you again as you seem to be out of your depth, on planning grounds why should the council reject the others?

OH. Obesity doesn't work (not a planning issue!!!)

Be interesting to see if they do again Craig.  I am afraid I am not in your league in terms of knowledge of the planning system and it is a shame that I need a forum like this to understand more as my local councillor cant seem to be bothered to reply. 

I am sure the planning committee have many ways in which they could refuse if they felt it was not right for the community.  As elected representatives I am sure they do their upmost to do what is best for their communities with the powers they have. 

'Councillors do the best for their community'What Planet you living on now Krooner? Councillors are only Councillors for their own Good,regular yearly income,and always hoping to join the BIG BOYS in Westminster.The future for being able to play Football in the years to come is,build a Ground on a slope,with a Canal at the bottom.Purley Way Playing fields,Croydon has not had  a game postponed this year.Massive slope,Windy even in the Summer.

Sorry Smudge, but Croydon Town Hall is one of the best architecturally speaking municipal buildings in the country. I reckon there would be far bigger outcry than you could imagine if it was allowed to fall into disrepair and end up being demolished. In a town blighted by 1960s and new build monstrosities, it shines like a beacon.

'Councillors do the best for their community'What Planet you living on now Krooner? Councillors are only Councillors for their own Good,regular yearly income,and always hoping to join the BIG BOYS in Westminster.The future for being able to play Football in the years to come is,build a Ground on a slope,with a Canal at the bottom.Purley Way Playing fields,Croydon has not had  a game postponed this year.Massive slope,Windy even in the Summer.

I really hope that you are generalising there as there are some outstanding local councillers up and down the country who devote thousands of hours for their communities. Coming from a politically aware family, I find your tone patronising and insulting. Instead of always complaining why not do something positive like getting involved and standing for election. Serve at term as a local councillor and then come back and criticise. Of course that will never happen as you do not have the balls to face the public and you are far more comfortable hiding behind a keyboard making gross generalisations and exagerations. Quite frankly, you are talking utter bollocks and you know it.

I think Smudge is talking about the new Civic Offices that have just been opened in Croydon Town Centre rather than the Victorian Town Hall.   Also to be fair, in my experience he has said nothing on this forum about Councillors that he hasn't said to their faces given the opportunity!

That said... not sure I agree with his sentiments :)

Lazy Sod,you are correct the Town Hall is still standing,and as its a Listed building,it will never be demolished.I apologise for the mistake,it was of course the Town Council building that cost £120,000,000.Will beg to differ on Councillors though,have met many over the years,whilst being a Residents Association Secretary,and Managing/Fund Rasing for a Youth/After School Club.They sat on many a Committee I had the pleasure of attending.Their input was always NEGATIVE,but it does look good on their C.V,I belong to this Committee,School Governor here,etc.As for having the balls to face the Public,anyone who has met me,will know,I am a SHY PERSON,who would never say BOO to a Goose.I am glad though that Local Elections only come round once every 4 years,at least that way you only have to listen to the BULLSHYTE they promise,but never deliver on.The upside we do get our road swept,and see a Walking,Talking,BOBBY,once every 4 years.

In my opinion it's nonsense that the Conference have voted against artificial pitches. Like most, I'd prefer grass pitches for every club, but having an artificial pitch these days means a club being self sustainable - something most clubs aren't. It's not for every club, but I don't see why a progressive club like Maidstone should be punished for having an artificial pitch when Champions League, Europa League, World Cup qualifiers and European Championship qualifying matches can be played on similar surfaces. It's really short sighted by the Conference members and probably an example of them shutting their doors on clubs like Maidstone as they feel they'll be a threat I once they achieve promotion. It would be interesting to know why those member clubs voted against the idea. Different topic, but wait to hear the Conference having their annual moan about the Football League only allowing two up and saying its a closed shop. Also wait for the inevitable Conference club being removed from the competition at the end of the season due to spending what they don't have. Clubs like Maidstone wouldn't have that issue.

The FA should step in and overrule the decision.

“Like most, I'd prefer grass pitches for every club”

I must be in a minority – although that itself doesn’t worry me. Having seen the success of Maidstone at first hand I have been convinced this is the way forward for an awful lot of non league clubs – the more the better. Hopefully costs with come down but even if they stay fairly high these costs can be recovered in relatively short time if managed properly. And grants are available.

As for the situation at the Conference, I think it’s the relationship with the Football League which is critical to the decision they have made and I don’t think they’re afraid of Maidstone or anything like that. It’s the fact that they want to protect and enhance the promotion/relegation position they have at the top and as long as the Football League refuse 3G so will they. If the Football League permitted 3G so would they. Although there is still a great deal of ignorance and prejudice amongst elderly football club chairmen. Talking of which I wonder whether the AFCCA chairman would express the same views about 3G pitches if they had had the opportunity to install one at Mayfield Road?

But I do agree with you that the FA should be stronger and impose this on the leagues.  I don’t have much faith in them and it may have to go the expensive way - through the courts.