Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BIG SHAKE UP IN CCL?

Smudge

howabout I throw this into the debate and ask the question if I dare,what if we make footy a summer game and play on 3/4 g pitches ?or is that asking to much

Interesting thought.

what would you do about the pitches you couldn't use due to cricket ?  In SHBC that would be 4 pitches at Frimley Green, 3 at Frimley Lodge and 2 at London road.

Easy Kroons make Cricket a winter sport and let them suffer the worst of the weather,its only non league football i am talking about, just think of the revenue as you would get much bigger crowds with all the football league fans looking for a footy fix

Why Easy Duncs.  Thought the idea is interesting I was just asking questions that would be raised.

So only Non League.  what Step 1 to Step 7 ?

So park football remains a winter sport and have to put up with the Weather ?

well i was thinking more regionally mate and let all the relevant leagues make thier own minds up,the way i see it is simple this great game of ours is not being given a chance at this moment in time,I feel we need a leg up and that means we have to make some changes,if we take into consideration what the experts are telling us then the weather is gonna get worse and worse in years to come i say we act sooner rather than later,Kroons I don't have to tell you cos you know the youngsters mindset is already geared for change and they can't believe what is happening and why we are so against some changes.

well i was thinking more regionally mate and let all the relevant leagues make thier own minds up,the way i see it is simple this great game of ours is not being given a chance at this moment in time,I feel we need a leg up and that means we have to make some changes,if we take into consideration what the experts are telling us then the weather is gonna get worse and worse in years to come i say we act sooner rather than later,Kroons I don't have to tell you cos you know the youngsters mindset is already geared for change and they can't believe what is happening and why we are so against some changes.

I think all the focus should be put into providing as many 3g's as possible.  Lets get them in and go from there.

I honestly think a switch to a Summer Sport wouldn't work because of cricket.  Just my honest view.

I do totally agree a serious shift in mindset is needed throughout all connected with football from the playing side to the admin side and to the provision of side.  I do think it is coming but I am not sure it is quick enough.

Trouble is in this country we hate change and its a real problem to overcome,you only have to bring up 3g and the opposition to them comes thick and fast,can you believe that one posters objection to them, was that the ball bounces to evenly lol and another said he actually likes games being called off because that way the season can be extended,it really beggars belief  

How about a revolutionary idea, I am sure nobody has ever thought of this!

A WINTER BREAK

Not so revolutionary in Europe.

And when exactly would you implement it? When is our winter? No one knows. It could be any time between November and March these days.

One thing is certain, the season it gets added, I bet those spare weeks are warm and dry, and the moment we go back from the break we'll get the crap weather again.

The only level this could work at is the Premier League, and if they were brave enough to drop to 18 teams and make the League Cup an event for teams from the Championship down to the Conference National, then it might be possible. But don't hold your breath.

As for football in the summer. It just can't work at park level as so many are marked out for cricket using the same areas. Also, how do you promote and relegate if Step 1 to 7 was in the summer but the Football League was in the winter? How would you enter the FA Cup?

We just have to accept that the game is a winter sport over here and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. 3g is a great way forward and a much simpler one to implement without trying to change the world. Alternatively, drop the size of the Step Five divisions to 20 or even 18.

1620611_629745913762094_209066590_n.jpg

Dont tell anyone about this though Duncs we may lose the argument !

I bet that will dry out quicker than a grass pitch ;)

On the subject of winter breaks, some clubs are having one now!!!