Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BIG SHAKE UP IN CCL?

Smudge

Frimley Green have a local councillor at most of their games and Camberley have for years had a councillor appointed to their board/committee. And lastly Frimley Green pay far more for their ground than Camberley (and I'm not talking hundreds of £s different) work that one out when they have a fully enclosed ground compared to FG.

I don't understand and I'm a local councillor who oversees all our leisure facilities. Good idea to get your local cllrs along if you can put up with them! Oh Surrey Heath have got planning approved to build a 3G pitch. Sorry Kroons but had to stop all the comments about councils doing nothing.

Did Surrey Heath ask Camberley or Frimley if they wanted to house the 3G pitch at their current grounds with the business model they will use to make the money?

Frimley Green have a local councillor at most of their games and Camberley have for years had a councillor appointed to their board/committee. And lastly Frimley Green pay far more for their ground than Camberley (and I'm not talking hundreds of £s different) work that one out when they have a fully enclosed ground compared to FG.

I don't understand and I'm a local councillor who oversees all our leisure facilities. Good idea to get your local cllrs along if you can put up with them! Oh Surrey Heath have got planning approved to build a 3G pitch. Sorry Kroons but had to stop all the comments about councils doing nothing.

Local Councillors bar 2 in Croydon are a waste of space,as far as football is concerned.There are no votes in  putting forward the plight of Clubs for funding from Council coffers,even in the good times.The reason, they cannot make any revenue out of it.You only have to look at the low number of votes cast at ELECTIONS,to work that out.Councillors  only come knocking once every 4 years,with their sweet talking,then break every promise they gave you.They then take your hard earned money, in payment for doing Jack all. for it.Invite a local Councillor along to your games,they do not pay to get in.and some will drink you dry,if you buy it. :D

I emailed Craig last night with a number of points in his post and he has replied of which has raised another number of points from.

YV I am unaware that there were any approaches to CTFC about housing it but I would presume that would be because of the ongoing development proposals of Krooner Park.

I cannot speak of FGFC.

What I can say and I did to Craig is that of all the Youth football set ups in Surrey Heath I would say we now have a majority training outside of the borough.  While the installation of 1 3g pitch is to be welcomed it doesn't come close enough to provide enough to meet the needs of the local community. 

While there is the odd councillor interested in Sport the majority do not appear to be.  There have been at least 2 major developments with Surrey Heath in recent times that included either the building of sporting facilities or provision of money to provide for Sporting facilties.  I am currently in the process of finding out about the Provision of Money and the other development ended up building more house rather than the sporting facilities.

There is another major development planned for Surrey Heath and that also includes building sporting facilities.  I will not be holding my breath for that to happen.

I have contacted one of my local councillors who sits on the planning committee 3 times asking her for her views on a recent development.  She has not replied to any of them and also did not go to the planning meeting where the development was rejected.  I emailed her to ask why she could not attend and again I have not had a reply.  I look forward to her and her representatives knocking on my door in 2015 asking for my vote.

Recently we have seen new mini supermarkets spring up in Surrey Heath.  Morrisons in Frimley Green.  Waitrose are due to build one in Baghsot as are Tescos.  Tescos have also resubmitted a planning application to build a Mini Tescos at the top of the industrial estate where CTFC is housed.

Mini Supermarkets offering cheap deals on food that is bad for us are ok for SHBC it would appear while the building of much needed Sporting Facilities for the borough do not happen.  I suggest a few of our local councillors look up the word OBESITY because they clearly are not concerned by that.

Edited by Krooner

Excellent post Krooner,you should stand as a Councillor at the next Election.They do love mini Supermarkets round our way too,along with Bookmakers,Pawn Shops,Fast Food shops but my pet hate at the moment is the upsurge in Asian shops,that have not only the shop,but half, of the pavement as well,so unsightly,to show off their goods.The only new development Sports wise in the last 8 years in Croydon,is a Leisure Centre,were limited parking is charged for,but it came at a price,like 100 new homes,80% private for sale.We regressed though losing 3 Football pitches in Wandle Park,so that the River Wandle could return there,alas the pay off is 300 new homes for private sale nearby.Add in a new multi million Town Hall,that no one wanted,bar the Council Hierachy,the pay off for this,yes you guessed it More NEW Private homes and Flats,where the old Town Hall is currently standing.As far as Obesity goes,School Playing fields sold,so pupils have nowhere to play,any Sport,no more inter School activities,Football,Cricket,etc.Did I ever tell you I played Football,Cricket,for the London Borough of Croydon with no other than the current England Manager, Roy Hodgson.We were not obese then.

Krooner,

Someone mentioned that supply would out way demand eventually on 3G pitches, would you agree with this based on your quote " What I can say and I did to Craig is that of all the Youth football set ups in Surrey Heath I would say we now have a majority training outside of the borough. While the installation of 1 3g pitch is to be welcomed it doesn't come close enough to provide enough to meet the needs of the local community. "

With this in mind if the council provided CTFC and FGFC with 3G pitches and the same business model as they will use on their own it would provide an adequate level of pitches that can be booked all year round with enough demand for use for all three?

Councils only think of profit,they get in Private Companies to run any new Project.This takes away any chance of a Football Club being able to make any.Tooting and Mitcham being a prime case,No Function/Bar profits.Cost of hiring said facilities increases as well.

Krooner,

Someone mentioned that supply would out way demand eventually on 3G pitches, would you agree with this based on your quote " What I can say and I did to Craig is that of all the Youth football set ups in Surrey Heath I would say we now have a majority training outside of the borough. While the installation of 1 3g pitch is to be welcomed it doesn't come close enough to provide enough to meet the needs of the local community. "

With this in mind if the council provided CTFC and FGFC with 3G pitches and the same business model as they will use on their own it would provide an adequate level of pitches that can be booked all year round with enough demand for use for all three?

YV,

I am no businessman so a difficult question to answer but my considered opinion is that 4 full size 3gs would still probably not cover the need within the community.

If you take CTYFC.  We have 31 teams playing.  They all need to train.  Lets say 1/3 of a pitch for an hour.  From 6 until 9 Monday to Friday would gives you 45 slots.  Also for the older teams they really need more than 1/3 of a pitch to train.  Give you the ability also to hire out to local adult clubs and possibly a fives leagues which appear to be growing.

I would also look to develop links with schools for them to use as well during the day.

Add into that the use at weekends for games both for Adults and Youth matches and I believe the demand would be there.  It could also mean the council spend less on maintenance outside of the pitches.  They could turn some of the current fields, they are not pitches trust me, back into permanent green spaces.

Just my view.

There are some absolutely excellent comments on this thread. Lets take Krooner's comment about 31 youth teams within the Camberley Town set up. Would that be in the region of 300-350 kids? How many parents? Therefore, how many voters... Now, if some of the parents can be motivated enough to get involved, they could make it a little less comfortable for the councillors in Surrey Heath. 

Just to fill you in EE about Lammas current situation. The reason we left Laleham rec was because the council would not grant us permission to put a floodlights up due to a few residents not being happy about it and also winning the league twice and not getting anywhere was a right kick in nuts. So the club decided we would groundshare with ashford so it would give us the chance To progress to the next league which the club believed the players deserved a chance at after the league success. I can tell you that the groundshare situation is not a long term thing for the club as they are currently in talks with the council about building a new ground for club which we hope can be done in the next 2 years but I don't personally don't know the politics side of it and the actual time scale we would be looking at.

I'd love to see this happen, but, if it does, it won't be in the next two years. The planning application will take that long on its own (especially if the proposed site is anywhere near a residential area and/or the Green Belt) and there'll be absolutely no funding available from Spelthorne Council to help facilitate it.  The Sports & Leisure department are fantastic, but facility projects also have to get past the legal department and, in a lot of cases, planning too. This is a long and often frustrating process - one project I've been involved in has been held up for over a year due to objections by the legal department of the Council, despite the funding having been in place all that time and there being no planning permission required.  To be fair to the legal department, they have listened to everything that has been put to them about the benefits of what is proposed and my contact there tells me they are doing everything they can to facilitate a positive outcome, but it can take months at a time.  

Edited by Beano

I emailed Craig last night with a number of points in his post and he has replied of which has raised another number of points from.

YV I am unaware that there were any approaches to CTFC about housing it but I would presume that would be because of the ongoing development proposals of Krooner Park.

I cannot speak of FGFC.

What I can say and I did to Craig is that of all the Youth football set ups in Surrey Heath I would say we now have a majority training outside of the borough.  While the installation of 1 3g pitch is to be welcomed it doesn't come close enough to provide enough to meet the needs of the local community. 

While there is the odd councillor interested in Sport the majority do not appear to be.  There have been at least 2 major developments with Surrey Heath in recent times that included either the building of sporting facilities or provision of money to provide for Sporting facilties.  I am currently in the process of finding out about the Provision of Money and the other development ended up building more house rather than the sporting facilities.

There is another major development planned for Surrey Heath and that also includes building sporting facilities.  I will not be holding my breath for that to happen.

I have contacted one of my local councillors who sits on the planning committee 3 times asking her for her views on a recent development.  She has not replied to any of them and also did not go to the planning meeting where the development was rejected.  I emailed her to ask why she could not attend and again I have not had a reply.  I look forward to her and her representatives knocking on my door in 2015 asking for my vote.

Recently we have seen new mini supermarkets spring up in Surrey Heath.  Morrisons in Frimley Green.  Waitrose are due to build one in Baghsot as are Tescos.  Tescos have also resubmitted a planning application to build a Mini Tescos at the top of the industrial estate where CTFC is housed.

Mini Supermarkets offering cheap deals on food that is bad for us are ok for SHBC it would appear while the building of much needed Sporting Facilities for the borough do not happen.  I suggest a few of our local councillors look up the word OBESITY because they clearly are not concerned by that.

FGFC were not asked either.

Morrisons in FG did not need planning permission so could open with no concent from SHBC as the shop had concent for retail shop years ago.

Give the council one reason to refuse the others on planning grounds, because I cant think of any. (Planning reasons)

YV,

I am no businessman so a difficult question to answer but my considered opinion is that 4 full size 3gs would still probably not cover the need within the community.

If you take CTYFC.  We have 31 teams playing.  They all need to train.  Lets say 1/3 of a pitch for an hour.  From 6 until 9 Monday to Friday would gives you 45 slots.  Also for the older teams they really need more than 1/3 of a pitch to train.  Give you the ability also to hire out to local adult clubs and possibly a fives leagues which appear to be growing.

I would also look to develop links with schools for them to use as well during the day.

Add into that the use at weekends for games both for Adults and Youth matches and I believe the demand would be there.  It could also mean the council spend less on maintenance outside of the pitches.  They could turn some of the current fields, they are not pitches trust me, back into permanent green spaces.

Just my view.

4 full size 3G pitches would cost around £1.8m

A 1% increase in council tax in SH is equal to around 60K

A 30% increase in council tax would give you the money though!!

Good luck with your election campaign Barrie!!!!

FGFC were not asked either.

Morrisons in FG did not need planning permission so could open with no concent from SHBC as the shop had concent for retail shop years ago.

Give the council one reason to refuse the others on planning grounds, because I cant think of any. (Planning reasons)

I would suggest that you as councillors would have to follow your planners advice who I am sure would have dealt with any planning issues in discussions with the planning application.

Feel free where I suggested the council pay for them Craig ?

I was replying to a question from another poster and gave my opinion that 4 could be supported on a financial basis.  Did I say that the council should fund them all ?

Edited by Krooner

The trouble is, Kroons no-one is chucking the likes of £1.8 m around in these financial times.

Maybe a Chinese or Arab consortium ?

Edited by Big J R

How about an investment plan with the view of making a profit to bring the council tax down, oh no it doesn't work that way does it, this is England. You don't always have to take from the people to provide for the people, that's why we are in a state of recession.

I would suggest that you as councillors would have to follow your planners advice who I am sure would have dealt with any planning issues in discussions with the planning application.

Planners advice for the Tesco near your ground was to approve Barrie!!!! But was turned down by the committee (Councillors)!!

So I put it to you again as you seem to be out of your depth, on planning grounds why should the council reject the others?

OH. Obesity doesn't work (not a planning issue!!!)

Feel free where I suggested the council pay for them Craig ?

I was replying to a question from another poster and gave my opinion that 4 could be supported on a financial basis.  Did I say that the council should fund them all ?

Funny you think that and are not playing with your money!!

I have a couple of get rich quick schemes if someone wants to give me £1.8m!!!!

Told you before football at adult level is on a decline. Stats show that. Fact.

So to say 4 could be supported is rubbish. In fact the suggestion is 2 from governing bodies! On the basis of stats and our population.

How about an investment plan with the view of making a profit to bring the council tax down, oh no it doesn't work that way does it, this is England. You don't always have to take from the people to provide for the people, that's why we are in a state of recession.

Agree to a point YV but see me in three years and tell me everyone is making good money on 3G pitches! Do you think they will when 3G is more popular?

Agree to a point YV but see me in three years and tell me everyone is making good money on 3G pitches! Do you think they will when 3G is more popular?

3 years isn't long enough without the forward thinking councils etc, make it 5 and I hope to be able to provide more than just Maidstone Utd as an example. I will try and get some stats of my own on 3G pitches for hire that are not connected to football clubs as they all seem to be fully booked right now....oh and when I come back to you, your buying the drinks, it can go down on your expenses ;)