Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Say no to League 3

Lazy of me to comment/query without reading the report I know, but what sort of player would turn out for say a Tottenham B team?

Some of the lads Sherwood has introduced , Bentaleb, Kane etc?

How would a team of those lads get on against a tophalf conference side?

I think they would murder the conference sides myself, and would gain less than playing in League cups, Europa cups, U21 european and domestic games.

Bound to be a few wannabees and wishtheyhadabeens at the conference level getting stuck into these guys too, and with some conference level officials would they get the protection?

However the death of the game and the collapsing of the pyramid is a little OTT

It wouldnt stop an AFC Wimbledon rising through the ranks, or the next Yeovil would it?

This is a good read from someone who has some knowledge of the situation (not Danny Mills or Howard Wilkinson then!):

http://ipreece.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/b-or-not-to-b-that-is-the-question/

Ultimately we were told that the formation of the Premier League in 1992 would help the England team. They now tell us it's destroyed the England team. Tough. I'd rather we didn't now go on and destroy the best pyramid system in the world.

Edited by TRS

This is a good read from someone who has some knowledge of the situation (not Danny Mills or Howard Wilkinson then!):

http://ipreece.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/b-or-not-to-b-that-is-the-question/

Ultimately we were told that the formation of the Premier League in 1992 would help the England team. They now tell us it's destroyed the England team. Tough. I'd rather we didn't now go on and destroy the best pyramid system in the world.

Destroy it for who TRS ?

Only for teams in and around the Conference and lets make no bones about it most of them have gone skint chasing the dream.

What puzzles me is that the mouthpieces who claim to speak for me and others never actually do. I enjoy the football I watch and have an affinity with my home town but could not care less if England never won or even played another match. I don't give a toss about the national side, what is 'good' for it, or what can be done for it...but the men in suits have a lazy assumption that I do.

If people actually HAD a backbone, they'd scupper this proposal by refusing to play teams coming into their league through this imposition...but principles and backbone are not normally associated with football at any level any more, so no chance of that.