Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Managerial Changes

No idea. Management nowhere. Think couple gone buckingham town, some Leighton town, one or two buckingham Ath and Newport Pagnell and Kempston probably.

Perry and Terry just left? Just upped and left?!

Have to admit- I wondered what kept Shrieves, Mitten & Seanla at Winslow when they could probably earn elsewhere. I presumed they were just playing for the club and Perry.

As for Perry- I presumed he was loyal to the club, and had a vision. Him leaving is the most shocking part. Really feel for you WB :(

You need players capable of playing higher to do well. Mitten would struggle to go above even though he has talent he struggles physically. Hearing lots of excuses but who knows what's gone on and and why. Very poor in my opinion, let them go and play for a few quid elsewhere in front of nobody. As I say I've done my time. Not sure I can put up with flakey lads who call themselves ballers and talk some amount of sh!te and have done nothing and b!tch and moan, no guts.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Know what you are going through WB. Happened to us last season when we had to promote a great deal of reserve players when nearly all the 1st team left. It is hard to take but you will come through the other side.

Just need to get a decent manager in charge with a long term plan and back him all the way. I know easier said than done though but if your club puts in the hard work you will be rewarded.

Edited by OD's

Every year becomes increasingly harder to run teams at this level, as is evident with teams folding etc.. Not helped by how the attitude of players seems to have changed a lot over the years. As I say I live away and have given a lot to the club. Not much more I can do I feel. I think it's a bit late in the day to get someone in, perhaps best to limp through the season and hope that the facilities could attract a manager who wants a go at a better level. Timing is awful on this one very similar to the year we had to pull out, but hey we could take 6 years off and then come back in to step 6 like Edgeware now league have set that precedent

come back in to step 6 like Edgware now league have set that precedent

Just to clarify - this was a FA decision and as such the SSML had to accept it

• 2 weeks later...

The latest from Bill Scholes sent to all clubs yesterday - hopefully he has picked up all the changes

THE MANAGERIAL MERRY GO ROUND

By Bill Scholes

After the resignation at the end of last season of Craig Bicknell, Ampthill Town have appointed Derwayne Stupple as their new manager. Stupple is well known locally, having played over 200 games for Bedford Town, helping them win promotion to the Conference South in 2005/06. Stupple's other clubs include Hitchin Town and Arlesey Town, while the former midfield player has also coached at all youth levels, including a spell at Luton Town. The 34-year-old holds a UEFA B Licence and is currently trying for his A Licence. He was coach at UCL side  Peterborough Northern Star last season and before that featured in Holbeach United's UCL title-winning side. Stupple will be assisted at Woburn Road by Dennis O'Meara, who played for many years in the Southern League for clubs in the west of the country and has been a part-time coach for MK Dons for the past six years.  Ryan Thompson, London Colney’s 1st Team manager left the club at the end of last season after three years in charge, and he has been replaced by Jim Nicholls. The new Gaffa was in charge of the club’s reserve team last season and guided them to fourth in SSML Reserve Division One and the quarter-final of the Reserve Challenge Trophy. Antony Lands has been named as the new manager of Stony Stratford Town FC. Lands takes over at Oslers Lane after leading Stantonbury Elite Social to league and cup wins last season. Lands has 11 years of coaching experience, including a UEFA B licence which he completed when he was 19-years-old and has previously worked at  MK Dons  Centre of Excellence. He said: “I am very excited by this challenge of taking over the first team manager position at Stony Stratford. I want to bring this club stability and improve on last seasons league position.” After securing their safety in Division One of the Spartan South Midlands league following a season of upheaval and transition, chairman Phil Smith is optimistic about the prospects “Anthony is a young enthusiastic manager with the right pedigree to bring about success for the club, not just the first team but throughout our adult and youth set up,” said Smith.  Following the departure of Geoff O’Vell, Paul Surridge and Mark Mezen, Hadley FC are pleased to announce the  new first team management team of Micky Hazard, Franco Sidoli, Lewis Dommett and Hector Varela. As a player, Micky was a member of the Tottenham team that won the 1982 FA Cup and UEFA Cup in 1984. He also went on to play for Chelsea, Portsmouth, Swindon Town and then Tottenham for a second spell. Since the end of his playing career, Hazard was Youth Academy Coach at Crystal Palace and has more recently been involved on the management team of Sevenoaks Town and Hoddesdon Town. Micky will be supported by Franco Sidoli, Lewis Dommett and Hector Varela who are all well-known to the club as, along with Alexis Nicolas (Alexis will also be returning to the club as a player), they formed our 1st team management team during a successful 2012-13 season in which we reached the final of the Premier Division Cup and built up a good reputation within the league for playing attractive football. The club believe this is an important step in the restructuring of the club team management.  Langford Football Club have announced their  Team Management for the new season. The 1st team will be managed by Phil Childs, Mark Gearing and Pete Waller. Childs is an ex Chairman of Biggleswade Utd, whilst Gearing ran the Reserves for Biggleswade until they withdrew from the League last season. Next season will see the rebuilding of the playing side of the club, and Langford are looking to this management team to  bring much needed local knowledge of Spartan South Midland League football and of what is required to do well, this will be part of a longer term project. Daniel Madden has been appointed as the new first team manager for Amersham Town Football Club.  Simon Damery,  who was caretaker manager at the end of last season, and has now moved up to the Chairman’s role,  was very pleased. with the  appointment.  “We are looking to the long term and I know that Daniel feels the same way. Daniel has been very successful managing a team in the London Commercial League so this is a step up for him but I’m sure he will make a success of it.” Daniel Madden expressed his delight at the appointment.  “Amersham Town has excellent facilities and great potential.  I see my task as translating that to success on the pitch. I will be working with Sam Slack who will take charge of a new reserve team and, working with the Under 18s, we are aiming to create a squad capable of making their mark in the Spartan South Midlands League.”  Hatfield Town have named Ashley Purser as their new first-team manager. The 41-year-old has left his role as boss at Bedmond Sports & Social Club to take the reins at the Gosling Stadium-based outfit. Hatfield have been looking for a permanent manager since Neil Ewing left towards the end of last season’s miserable SSML Premier Division campaign.  Club captain Jason Coughlan, alongside chairman Chris Maloney, took over team affairs as Hatfield ended the season second-bottom and subsequently were relegated to Division One. Purser arrives on the crest of the wave having led Bedmond to the Herts County League Premier Division title for the first time for 28 years.  Wolverton Town FC have announced the appointment of Mike Ringer as 1st team manager with Paul Fisher as his assistant, and also Bob Hewer as club coach. Ringer played for Godalming Town (1984/85, 85/86) in the Combined Counties League, before being a trialist at Fratton Park in 1986/87. Spells at Hanwell Town (1987/88) in the London Spartan League and Yeading (1989/1990) in the Isthmian League, Division 2 followed. On his arrival in Milton Keynes, Ringer was heavily involved  in youth coaching with Southside United where he enjoyed success, including an U15s league title. Other youth honours were achieved as  the Willen World Cup Runners up (2008, 2010), Mursley tournament Winners (2009, 2010) and City Colts Tournament Winners (2008, 2009, 2010). In senior football, Ringer has managed the Buckingham Town Development side, plus been Caretaker Assistant manager with the club. Manager and Assistant manager spells at Stony Stratford Town’s second string, plus a brief Assistant manager’s role at Winslow United are also on Ringer’s footballing CV. Ringer joined Wolverton Town in December 2013 as Reserve team manager but now makes the step up to take charge of the first team at The New ParkGrendon Rangers have strengthened their management team  with the appointment of Kit Bamber as assistant manager. The former Buckingham Town manager has joined Rangers boss Scott Reynolds as his deputy after he felt he could not commit enough time to his role as Winslow Utd head coach. Just up the road at Buckingham Athletic, manager Damien Wiffin has appointed ex skipper Ryan Wiffin as his assistant whilst Daniel Gordon has joined as player / coach.  As a result of being offered a new career opportunity at work, Hoddesdon Town’s Frank Piazza has stood down as First Team manager. Manager. Neil Conner, last season’s successful Reserve manager has stepped up to replace him and he will be assisted by Lee Patmore and Frank Piazza. 

New Bradwell St.Peters manager Gary Ollard has added Craig Connell to his mamagement team. Connell was a former Peters player and has Spartan South Midlands League managerial experience, most recently at Cranfield United. Gary said, "Craig Connell is a highly respected manager in Milton Keynes -- one of the best in the area. He's been out of football for four years but now is ready to put New Bradwell St Peter back on the map. Craig will attract players and help the club go places." New comers to the League this season are Ealing Town  but Marc Farrell  their newly appointed manager has unfortunately had to stand down leaving a vacancy. Interested parties should contact Ealing secretary Omer Omer on  07772994630. Ealing have come out of the Middlesex County League, where they operated as Aym Higher FC and will play their home games at Avenue Park, Greenford.

STOP PRESS : Winslow United have just parted company with their management duo of Perry Mercer and Terry Shrieves after just one pre season game. The club will issue a full statement via Chairman Colin O’Dell in the near future. Gareth Robins has been placed in Caretaker charge until a new manager has been appointed.

New comers to the League this season are Ealing Town  but Marc Farrell  their newly appointed manager has unfortunately had to stand down leaving a vacancy. Interested parties should contact Ealing secretary Omer Omer on  07772994630. Ealing have come out of the Middlesex County League, where they operated as Aym Higher FC and will play their home games at Avenue Park, Greenford.

Wow he didn't last very long :o

Anyone know why he left then ?