Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Managerial Changes

Backfour1 - I have it on good authority that Geoff O’Vell ‘destroyed’ (the word my source used) the team who prior to his arrival at Parkfield were playing, or certainly tried to play, ‘total football’, Holland 1974 and 1978 style. Sadly they went backwards under Geoff’s brief tenure but don’t get me wrong as that’s not a criticism, look at Roy Hodgson’s miserable failure at Anfield, David Moyes at Old Trafford and Clough at Leeds so he’s in good company.

Backfour1 - I have it on good authority that Geoff O’Vell ‘destroyed’ (the word my source used) the team who prior to his arrival at Parkfield were playing, or certainly tried to play, ‘total football’, Holland 1974 and 1978 style. Sadly they went backwards under Geoff’s brief tenure but don’t get me wrong as that’s not a criticism, look at Roy Hodgson’s miserable failure at Anfield, David Moyes at Old Trafford and Clough at Leeds so he’s in good company.

Yes and John Franklins failure at Winslow but the great man went on to manage and do well with Aylesbury United it's all exactly the same as international and premier league football.

However having it on good authority that he destroyed the style of football doesn't marry up with your statement that he never had his heart in it though does it?

Edited by Winslow Boy

Winslow Boy - Well I'm only going by what I was told, sometimes it can be horses for courses can't it and where O'Vell did a decent job at Hoddesdon he was a miserable failure at Hadley

Winslow Boy - Well I'm only going by what I was told, sometimes it can be horses for courses can't it and where O'Vell did a decent job at Hoddesdon he was a miserable failure at Hadley

Tut tut you should only go by what you know and actually see for yourself. That's basic. Rookie mistake. Still doesn't make any sense of your statement about how his heart wasn't in it.

Just posted on Twitter

Very pleased to announce the appointment of Ashley Purser as 1st Team Manager of @HatfieldTownFC with immediate effect, more announcements. With regards to his staff will be made in due course, Ashley brings with him a wealth of success in previous years, and is very keen to get started as soon as possible

Edited by Karen Browne

I rarely get involved with your comments on here these days Clifford but you are so uninformed about Geoff it's unreal. Make your own judgements about people. Don't rely on what you hear. Having worked alongside Geoff, Suggs and Mezo at Hoddesdon I know they have a high work ethic and I have watched Hadley play a few times this season too and "going through the motions" is utter b?ll?cks.

Jonno - Well how do you explain Hadley's decline then as soon as Geoff walked through the door, you can't say he was a success at Parkfield

Well like I said I’m not criticising Geoff infact I’ve compared him to Roy Hodgson, David Moyes and Brian Clough haven’t I

Well like I said I’m not criticising Geoff infact I’ve compared him to Roy Hodgson, David Moyes and Brian Clough haven’t I

He's obviously in great company with those names unlike yourself with the countless names you have been compared with

Don't forget that I was Clement Temile's agent and saw first hand how professionally he operated and Coached

Yes everyone dont

Don't forget that I was Clement Temile's agent and saw first hand how professionally he operated and Coached

Yes everyone don't forget that. If only he'd stayed with Rhodes agency he'd have been at the very top now just like everyone else Rhodes has looked after. You lot haven't got a clue.

Winslow Boy - You may recall that the so called great one was constantly in the news and on tv and radio when he was at Kentish Town but for some reason he was treated like something the cat had dragged in by the Club and the unsavoury incident mentioned below was the straw that broke the camel's back. Clement left shortly afterwards and unsurprisingly the player concerned went straight back into the team::

The aftermath of an alleged assault on Kentish Town FC coach Clement Temile has seen the club ban one of its players for life.

Temile was allegedly headbutted by one of his own unused substitutes after the Spartan League side’s 2-0 defeat at Wellingborough Town in the FA Cup two weeks ago.

Northamptonshire Police were called and their inquiries into the incident are continuing.

In a statement Kentish Town said: “The player will never play for the club again and we will take legal action against him.”

Edited by Karen Browne
Other comments nothing to do with topic

Yeah I was just surprised someone of his stature was never asked to appear on sky sports or match of the day to give his much demanded insight. I mean they had other top managers like Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho on. I guess as his agent that was your failure and one I'm sure still haunts you.

Come to think of it wouldn't you say you failed him in his career as a manager, surely you could have at least got him in the door at say a Barnet or Leyton Orient given his amazing credentials, why not Charlton, West Ham or even a potential successor to Wenger? How did you fail him so miserably?

Edited by Winslow Boy

Come to think of it wouldn't you say you failed him in his career as a manager, surely you could have at least got him in the door at say a Barnet or Leyton Orient or the Nigerian National team given his amazing credentials, why not Charlton, West Ham or even a potential successor to Wenger? How did you fail him so miserably?

Come to think of it wouldn't you say you failed him in his career as a manager, surely you could have at least got him in the door at say a Barnet or Leyton Orient or the Nigerian National team given his amazing credentials, why not Charlton, West Ham or even a potential successor to Wenger? How did you fail him so miserably?

Exactly Peter how could I forget, that would have been a no brainer since he is a legend there, no doubt they were constantly trying to get a package together to prise him from the hot seat at Spartan South Midlands Division one outfit Kentish Town, perhaps the compensation demanded was too high? How did you fail to even get him say the U21 Nigeria team job or U23 for Olympics? He must be very angry with you. Weird side note my Nigerian friends say they haven't heard of him, they must just be mistaken or stupid I guess. The bl00dy fools eh. Edited by Winslow Boy