Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Star Players signing

NN3Stone

As none of you seem interested, thought you'd like to know you've just signed Bognor's best player Kane Wills, Kingston's best player Ryan Moss and Brett Johnson from Woking who not very long ago was playing in the football league!!

Guess i will have to open a nosebook account to keep up with the gossip! What is the group called? Also what ryman forum does everyone use nowadays? Any guidance appreciated.

If you want all the gossip just go to maidscums site..................... they seem to know EVERYTHING................... lol

http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3212/more-margate-spending

Haha, they are a bitter lot! Makes me laugh when people keep harping on about our crowds! When we were successful we averaged 1400 and i can see us getting good crowds this season! Still it makes our games against them have a little more to play for.

I feel sorry for the loyal hardcore of Margate fans who will be turning up to watch a bunch of mercenarys who have no loyalty to the town, club or supporters whatsoever, while all this dosh could (probably should) be spent on getting the ground into shape first.

Training in South London, what's that all about ???? ... Don't look like there's going to be much scope for any younger players coming through your youth set up (assuming you have one). .. Great encouragement for local talent eh ???

No you're welcome to walk away with the league title, while the rest of us battle it out for the also ran places. ..

Please don't talk about jealousy. .. I don't think you will find many supporters of Ryman Premier sides who would want to be in your shoes. ..

Thought Margate FC would have learnt their lesson after what has happened in the past, but no...

Another period of boom and bust on the horizon methinks.

Enjoy it while it lasts boys,

I feel sorry for the loyal hardcore of Margate fans who will be turning up to watch a bunch of mercenarys who have no loyalty to the town, club or supporters whatsoever, while all this dosh could (probably should) be spent on getting the ground into shape first.

Training in South London, what's that all about ???? ... Don't look like there's going to be much scope for any younger players coming through your youth set up (assuming you have one). .. Great encouragement for local talent eh ???

No you're welcome to walk away with the league title, while the rest of us battle it out for the also ran places. ..

Please don't talk about jealousy. .. I don't think you will find many supporters of Ryman Premier sides who would want to be in your shoes. ..

Thought Margate FC would have learnt their lesson after what has happened in the past, but no...

The theme on Maidstones forum is boom and bust and how our budget is this and that..... how the kin ell do they know what our budget is what our infra-structure is and what our chairman does or does not want to do.  Sour grapes oh hell yes, if we go pop then we will enjoy the few/many years watching "winning" football and maybe's the chance of getting the feel good factor back into the town as a whole.  For other teams fans to be openly moaning on their forums because we've got a wealthy owner/chairman smacks of jealousy and envy.  The proof will be as always the table in or around january......... that will define how our season is progressing.  

As for local talent, what do they know about our U18s and U21s and what fantastic steps are being put into place to best serve their needs at MFC.  Wayne Wilson with the academy is moving in leaps and bounds and the assoc with Hartsdown school may (may) pay dividends.  With regards the stadium, how long were Maidstone without a ground....... please 

What our new chairman does with his money is his business it just so happens that it may well benefit Margate as a whole.

Regarding the "we hate maidstone" I now regard those on their forum as shallow and bitter, if they feel Im wrong in my assessment of them...... read over the many posts on their forum and I think youll agree.  

nuff said

how do you know the grounds not going to be improved anyway.....Local talent, are there many teams in this league that relies solely on local talent and anyway what's stopping local lads travelling together from Margate to South London got mini bus here uno. Better email the top clubs in the Premiership and below about 'local talent' unless you count Spain, France, etc etc etc as local. Will talk about jealousy as there's a lot about at present and I think/know there would be lots of supporters in the Ryman League that would love to be in our position at present.....

defo sour grapes Danny from Rocky ranting about thing's he really does not know.... must be still upset about  the hype about the ground last season (if he is a Stones supporter) about 'when we go up' the appeals about the ground, courts etc  and it didn't happen arrogance comes to mind ;)  

Let's be honest, if ETU were in our shoes you'd do exactly the same.

really encouraged.

I think the squad as assembled to date is certainly of sufficient quality to avoid relegation which is always a good starting point.

I do cast my mind back about 7 seasons where we had the gallaticos of skinner,protheroe,mckimm, jackson and a few others whose names escape me.

Under the guidance of trott that expensivley assembled side managed to secure 7th from the verge of winning the league with 8 games to go (still have my conspiracy theories on that one )so it can easily go wrong.

that given-in TB i trust and this time we do have a proper manager in charge,and full time which is the biggest benefit i feel- a full time manager is imo worth two players.

Infrastructure getting there,so happy to join the project promotion brigade-excepting i see no point in 'getting to play-offs-that just kills the following season-you need to win the league outright or not bother at all.

separate matter-official site shows Becks and Beales as players-if i recall correctly-negotiations on-going-does anyone know if they have actually been signed up for next season-i really hope so

" I think the squad as assembled to date is certainly of sufficient quality to avoid relegation which is always a good starting point."

Am sure the owner and manager will be happy with those sentiments !

at last someone with a modicum of sense

commercial

star.png

defaultavatar.png

Reality Check 9 hours ago
icon-options.png

Post by commercial on 9 hours ago
I don't mind or care what Margate are doing, so long as we have a better side than last season, then I will count that as progress. 

Good luck to Margate. Good to see a fellow Kent side showing some ambition and challenging to make the higher reaches of the non-league game. We can hardly complain that they are splashing the cash now can we? We have been the big fish for years, until last season maybe.

I am sure Jay will realise exactly what is needed to improve on last season. I would like to see us playing with far fewer players this season. The revolving door transfer policy unsettles us - unless a top class player becomes available of course!!

The message board bickering between clubs is embarrassing for all parties. I love it when we beat other Kent sides (especially Tonbridge) but all of this mud-slinging is pretty pathetic.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3214/reality-check#ixzz32IISTgPD