Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

What club would be that foolish to go down the legal/court route? Especially when South Shields tried that trick and lost around £250,000! Plus how long would it all take? Months? Just accept it, get this virus under control and look forward to a new season later this year which will hopefully be near as normal.

As I have always said this season should never have started.

The league have made a right pigs ear of running (I can’t say managing as that would imply competence) the games played; and have ended up with a vote that has split the league into self-interested groups who will for many seasons now blame each other for the farce that has now evolved.

However looking forward, once the vaccine roll out is in place and the majority of the population have protection, then come this summer we can hopefully look forward to a “normal” season.

Some will continue to bleat about the vote and challenge it, but maybe they should just consider themselves fortunate that they will be still able to attend games, unlike the thousands of football fans who have died due to this virus.

100% the right outcome.....

I do wonder about what kind of budget we will be able to give next season with the lack of income we have suffered....could see a big gap between the clubs at the top and ones at the bottom next season.....I would imagine we would be mid table and that will be down to the never say die attitude that our management install in players.

Anyway, far too early to talk about anything like that, lets get this virus gone and go again

5 hours ago, Mark44 said:

100% the right outcome.....

I do wonder about what kind of budget we will be able to give next season with the lack of income we have suffered....could see a big gap between the clubs at the top and ones at the bottom next season.....I would imagine we would be mid table and that will be down to the never say die attitude that our management install in players.

Anyway, far too early to talk about anything like that, lets get this virus gone and go again

Not sure.

The bigger funded clubs like Dorking, Havant and Dartford will suffer because of loss of/reduced sponsorship money.

I think we're fortunate in respect that we have very few players on contract and I would imagine any loss of/reduced sponsorship money for us would be a pittance compared to those clubs.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

Social media resonating this morning to the sound of dummies being spat out and toys being thrown out of prams. And the prospect of revenue for Messrs Sue, Grabbit and Runne. 

1 minute ago, Reading Rebel said:

Just when you thought it was all over law suits are going in left right and center.

I think we'e're going to have batten down the hatches don the tin hats before this mess comes to a conclusion.  

From the National League statement of 18th February :-

"The Board will take the resolution outcome to The Football Association for ratification. This will include dialogue regarding promotion and relegation."

The Trident leagues (Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern) are suspended until 6th March.

From the Southern League statement of 12th February :-

"The Alliance Committee (Steps 3 & 4) and Leagues Committee (Steps 5 & 6) met on 8th and 9th February, respectively, to discuss the data that was collated following the recent surveys circulated to clubs at this level of the game.

During discussions, the Committees acknowledged the likelihood that the Prime Minister will set out a ‘roadmap’ to the nation on 22nd February as to how Government intend to begin to reduce the current COVID-19 restrictions.

Given that any such update from the Government on 22nd February may provide the Committees with additional, relevant information to help determine the preferred route forward, they have agreed to re-convene after this date.

In addition, the Alliance Committee are also conscious of the ongoing process the National League (Steps 1 & 2) are undertaking and the potential impact this could have on any actions the Committee may choose to take."

I think the issues are very well summed up by a comment by Professor Chris Whitty, "the virus isn't interested in dates"! 

27 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Looks like Kings Lynn could be trouble financially as well.

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/19/club-statement-2/

It hasn't gone unnoticed that the 2 games they are prepared to play are both against basement teams where they could get  points.

But there’s no relegation so the points aren’t important. You can add Dover, Wealdstone, Maidenhead and a couple of others to the list of clubs who will lose a lot of money to complete a pointless season. Obviously the teams who can make the playoffs or higher feel they have a need to continue but the bottom 10 are just sinking their clubs further into debt.

A league where only a handful of clubs have anything to play for and 2/3+ of the teams having to take huge health and financial risks for no benefit, will only bring the integrity of the league into question, leading to more calls for that to be null and voided as well.

A complete farce in the making.