Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Apart from a democratic vote once again being ignored I have no problem with this as long as we don't get any form of fines etc for not joining in.

As far as relegation to step 3 being part of the deal, if step 3 downwards has been null and voided I can't see how relegation can happen.

RR - the leagues below haven't actually been N+V yet! They have been "curtailed". Now I'll be honest and say in in real world I'm not sure that's actually different than N+V but with the way the whole system has been set up, who knows! 

I have seen some people ok twitter saying if teams want to go with this they should also have relegation to step 7 in the mix?.

All in all its a s***show top to bottom.

1 hour ago, SloughFlyer said:

RR - the leagues below haven't actually been N+V yet! They have been "curtailed". Now I'll be honest and say in in real world I'm not sure that's actually different than N+V but with the way the whole system has been set up, who knows! 

I have seen some people ok twitter saying if teams want to go with this they should also have relegation to step 7 in the mix?.

All in all its a s***show top to bottom.

From the statement issued on 24th February 2021 :-

"The results of the survey showed that over 76% of all clubs across Steps 3-6 indicated a preference to curtail the 2020-21 league season if it could not be restarted with limited spectator numbers and hospitality before 1 April 2021.

Taking into account the survey results and the ongoing impact of Covid-19, which continues to adversely affect incomes for clubs due to restrictions on both spectators and hospitality, the FA’s Alliance and Leagues Committees have reached a consensus that subject to the approval of FA Council, the 2020/21 league season for Steps 3-6 of the NLS should be curtailed with immediate effect, with no further league matches taking place this season.

The Committees will now present their collective recommendations to the FA Council for ratification."

18 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

The Hungerford Chairman has now announced that they will not participate in any North/South league due to not being viable.

Now joined by Havant and Waterlooville. 

5 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

Romford have parted company with Glen Tamplin. Apparently he is now living abroad and can't dedicate the time to the club.

Given all his crazy acts and plowing stupid money into both them and Billericay, seems like this might be the end of his time in football.

Presumably living somewhere without an extradition treaty with the UK!

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Mickey Lewis (our coach under Eddie Denton between 2004 and 2005) has sadly passed away.

Very sad if true. 

The Oxford United stalwart, who made 351 appearances and was twice caretaker boss, passed away yesterday, aged 56.

His family shared a statement on United's official website : "It is with deep sadness that we have to tell you our beloved Micky has lost his short battle with cancer.

Micky fought with typical bravery and tenacity having been diagnosed only two weeks ago with a rare and aggressive form of lung cancer.

As we all know Micky loved football, loved people and loved life and we will miss him so very much."

Sad to hear about Micky Lewis. I never knew him personally, bar saying hello to him at the odd Slough match. Always seemed to talk sense in the dugout. A football man through and through and a big miss to the game. I hope he's gone to a better world than this one !  RIP.