Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

There don’t appear to be any clubs reporting on this yet, which I would think means either:-

1. The Sub-committee didn’t meet as scheduled

2. The decisions of the Sub-committee are in the post to clubs

3. The Sub-committee have decided not to issue any fines or points deductions (in which case there is nothing to complain about so it is not newsworthy)

8 hours ago, Curtis said:

There don’t appear to be any clubs reporting on this yet, which I would think means either:-

1. The Sub-committee didn’t meet as scheduled

2. The decisions of the Sub-committee are in the post to clubs

3. The Sub-committee have decided not to issue any fines or points deductions (in which case there is nothing to complain about so it is not newsworthy)

4. The clubs presented their "just causes" for not playing. The sub-committee (men in blazers) said we'll get back to you and will take their time as usual.

On 23/02/2021 at 15:58, Reading Rebel said:

Our friends Kings Lynn are in serious financial trouble and have set up a donation page.

£300 a pledge and free entry to 10 games.  

http://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

Having said their season would be over after last Saturdays game  Cleeve has announced that their season will continue at least two more games  Several claims on their forum and social media that he has asked for a £330K loan having said he never would.

It appears from Ollie Bayliss's last tweet that some kind of talks, involving the FA too, are still going on, presumably to appease (or whatever other word seems appropriate) those clubs and owners in Step 2 who wish to continue playing in order to secure promotion to Step 1. Omnishambles doesn't come near to describing the situation.

However, I suppose the most satisfactory outcome would be one that still saw Slough allowed to stop playing and retain their place in Step 2 for next season. If there really is traction in the legal arguments being advanced by Dorking Wanderers et al, (and I appreciate that's a big if) then the last thing I imagine we would want is a re-run on the vote on their revised terms followed by a complete resumption of fixtures at Step 2 with no crowds/fully functioning clubhouses on penalty of fines/expulsion.

18 minutes ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

It appears from Ollie Bayliss's last tweet that some kind of talks, involving the FA too, are still going on, presumably to appease (or whatever other word seems appropriate) those clubs and owners in Step 2 who wish to continue playing in order to secure promotion to Step 1. Omnishambles doesn't come near to describing the situation.

However, I suppose the most satisfactory outcome would be one that still saw Slough allowed to stop playing and retain their place in Step 2 for next season. If there really is traction in the legal arguments being advanced by Dorking Wanderers et al, (and I appreciate that's a big if) then the last thing I imagine we would want is a re-run on the vote on their revised terms followed by a complete resumption of fixtures at Step 2 with no crowds/fully functioning clubhouses on penalty of fines/expulsion.

The most satisfactory outcome for all concerned would be to let the clubs who want to carry on carry on and the clubs who don't let them n&v their season without any sanctions. 

It does seem that the NL have been in dialogue with Dorking and co as regards to letting the season carry on in some form in order to still have promotion and no doubt on the back of and to quash the idea of any threat of a law suit from the affected clubs.

I would think any change to the existing vote to n&v the season would require another vote from all member clubs.

Having said all that until the existing vote to n&v the season is ratified by the FA this season has not officially ended.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Looks like a step 2 north and south league to decide promotion is on the cards.

Following meetings with National League officials, a proposal for a National North & South competition will be tabled. The combined Step 2 league would result in promotion. It needs approval from National League clubs, the Alliance Committee (who meet Monday) & the FA Council.

Clubs at Step 2 would be given the opportunity to opt in or out of the league before it begun. Around 15-20 clubs have registered interest in taking part. They argue it would:

They argue it would: Allow them to continue to trade, ensure that the Lottery grant is not wasted and maintain promotion.

Nothing like unity eh! Sod the rest of you who can’t afford to continue... I sincerely hope there is also relegation to step 3 or else this would be one big con. Looks like mouthy boy will get his way, whoever shouts loudest... Enjoy your midweek trips up north Eastbourne!!! 

Apart from a democratic vote once again being ignored I have no problem with this as long as we don't get any form of fines etc for not joining in.

As far as relegation to step 3 being part of the deal, if step 3 downwards has been null and voided I can't see how relegation can happen.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Will be interesting to see what the FA make of all this when it comes before them. Either the management of the National League have seriously got the wind up about the way the original vote was structured or they are seeking to escalate responsibility for implementing what was a sound decision but one that some clubs didn't like for various reasons. Cynically speaking, it does offer the possibility of there being two fewer big spending sides in NL (S) next season.

I can't see the FA approving it. The National League can listen to its member clubs that shout the loudest all it wants, but I can't see the FA giving clearance for something so revolutionary, particularly where it affects promotion and relegation issues. Also given the new season will kick off in August (presumably), there might not be time for it anyway.

Concord have written to the NL saying that after many hours spent applying for and not receiving any further funding they don't wish to compete in any newly proposed competition.

Due to the extra time and travelling costs involved in this proposed 'mini league' I wonder how many other clubs in the NLN and NLS will jump ship and decide to n&v their season.