Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

13 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Pity Marc White cannot accept the vote, starting to make himself look very foolish and alienating the rest of the league.

But that is what happens when big egos take over a club – just look at his hair – he cannot accept it is falling out and needs to dye it to look young – surprised he has not taken out a law suit for it to reverse its decision and grow back its natural colour!

Marc White is only 47 ... his hair is probably still it's natural colour!

Here's an interesting interview :-

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/dorking-wanderers-marc-white-240547

I say, hats off to him for all his hard work and vision over 22 years.

7 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

Completely agree, he has done a massive amount to get Dorking to this point. I do, however, puzzle over why he (and many others) have funded their clubs and committed to contracts and sponsorships that would be difficult to sustain amidst unprecedented times. Surely the longer term health of the club is more important? 

1 hour ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Completely agree, he has done a massive amount to get Dorking to this point. I do, however, puzzle over why he (and many others) have funded their clubs and committed to contracts and sponsorships that would be difficult to sustain amidst unprecedented times. Surely the longer term health of the club is more important? 

No club would turn down lucrative sponsors based upon what might or might not happen to the outcome of a season due to covid.

As for player contracts, Dorking are one of the clubs that wouldn't go bust due to dishing out contracts to players and the season coming to a premature end.

Edited by Reading Rebel

9 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

If he keeps wearing that baseball cap he won't have to worry about going grey.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

No crowds will be allowed back until 17th May at the earliest.

So any loan applied for will have to cover at least another month and a half.

The season has ended for Slough Town, find something else to do till  August, this is getting boring now.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

39 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

The season has ended for Slough Town, find something else to do till  August, this is getting boring now.

I'd have thought if you were bored of it, a football forum about Slough Town is probably a place to avoid.? (at least for now).

I'd try back in July or August time.

OR

Start a new topic that won't bore you so much?

Edited by SloughFlyer

20 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

I'd have thought if you were bored of it, a football forum about Slough Town is probably a place to avoid.? (at least for now).

OR

Yes you are probably right Slough Flyer, any more of the drivel posted on here is worth avoiding till next season

2 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

OR

Looks like your last comment has worked the oracle SF, now we can get on with the drivel and boring stuff.  

On 22/02/2021 at 01:52, Shredding Green said:

SG this is now the third time you have quoted the same post of mine about Marc White - as Windsor Rebel has quoted the repetitive drivel on here is becoming painful, or do you have a "thing" for him in the way you are stalking him?

This season is over – 2021/2022 season is the future – stop living in the past.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Our friends Kings Lynn are in serious financial trouble and have set up a donation page.

£300 a pledge and free entry to 10 games.  

http://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

I admire the punt being taken, but from the comments I've seen, I'm not sure they will get many takers!!!

Surely a better idea would be a "gofundme" were people could donate smaller amounts, especially given that in their PR details they need £100k. At £300 a pop they would need 333+ people to cover it.

25 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

I admire the punt being taken, but from the comments I've seen, I'm not sure they will get many takers!!!

Surely a better idea would be a "gofundme" were people could donate smaller amounts, especially given that in their PR details they need £100k. At £300 a pop they would need 333+ people to cover it.

According to the blurb 100k was to cover the cost of not continuing the season, so how much they need to continue is any ones guess.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Our friends Kings Lynn are in serious financial trouble and have set up a donation page.

£300 a pledge and free entry to 10 games.  

http://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

just clicked the Kings Lynn link above then cancelled it

Known Dangerous Webpage flashed up!