Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

46 minutes ago, sdelane2308 said:

The end of FA Cup replays from the 1st round on and the chance to earn extra money not good news for non league and 3/4 of leagues  above

Absolute rubbish decision and purely looking after the big boys and their multi million pound massive squads and I include United in that.

The FA should hang their heads in shame, constantly banging on about the greatest/oldest cup competition in the world and the magic of the cup.....not any more!

1 hour ago, sdelane2308 said:

The end of FA Cup replays from the 1st round on and the chance to earn extra money not good news for non league and 3/4 of leagues  above

Any mention of how the small non league clubs are going to be compensated for the loss of income?

If the "big" clubs don’t want the inconvenience of the FA cup because it wears out their ultra fit professional full-time players (fairy’s) because it does not matter how many games the part time teams play (full time jobs and 50+ games a year on poor pitches).

Then make them pay a substantial fine to opt out and then spread ALL the income of the fines to the lower-level clubs as compensation.

The less big clubs the better chance for smaller clubs to progress to the later rounds.

17 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Any mention of how the small non league clubs are going to be compensated for the loss of income?

Doubt you would get compensated because you missed out on a ɓìg replay that happens by hardwork or chance.

Edited by sdelane2308

Be like the FA Trophy only difference both teams have to agree a replay or it.s extra time and penalties.

Be a big miss for all non league and above players to show of their talents and possible big moves.

Especially if picked for the tv not forgetting the loss of tv revenue.

Edited by sdelane2308

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Or could be more of an opportunity for smaller clubs to knockout bigger clubs?

Personally I would have fancied our chances in extra-time & penalties against Grimsby, rather than the midweek away replay.

I'm afraid I wouldn't have fancied us in extra-time or penalties, as the full-time element and/or 2-division gap would probably have come into play as these things tend to. Not a guarantee of course, as we beat Walsall (full-time, 4-division gap) and also Sutton United (on penalties)!

The replay was an achievement and reward in itself; more exposure, a day out and a 3000+ crowd. If it doesn't suit the bigger clubs, then that's their problem for not winning the first game like they should have.

4 hours ago, sdelane2308 said:

Be like the FA Trophy only difference both teams have to agree a replay or it.s extra time and penalties.

Bit by bit the FA Cup is becoming devalued as an inconvenience (at least by the big clubs), just like the FA Trophy.

Last night I was nominated to be the taxi driver ( please note nominated ) for my wife and friends for them to attend Drag Bingo in aid of the Stokenchurch Dog Rescue Centre. In the gap between taking them and picking them up i decided could I find a game to  attend, I was in luck  Rising Ballers Kensington were playing Molesey at Beaconsfield in div 1 of the Combined counties league. They were playing there just to complete their fixtures. Both teams were in with a chance of the play offs being in 8th and 4th at the start of the evening.

I arrived at the ground at 7.30 and was lucky to find a parking spot in the main car park, I got out and headed towards the turnstile only to find it locked. I turned around and couldn't find anyone who was taking money and the only entrance that was open was the players so I gingerly walked in. Upon entering the ground i thought I'll go and sit in the main stand and enjoy the game, which I did.

The teams came out to the roar of the crowd but I was wrong it was a lorry going onto the M40, at that stage the crowd was one, me.

the teams swapped pleasantries and when that was done both linesman then decided to have a race to see who could check the nets and run back to daddy in the middle first, I'm pleased to say the linesman who went to the clubhouse end won, I knew that because when he got back to the middle he jumped up in air with delight.

Anyway the game started but after 5 mins there was a pause in play so I grabbed the opportunity to count the crowd, total 9. Rising just blew Molesey away in the first half scoring their 4th just before half time resulting in a mass exodus of Molesey fans (all 5 of them) they were never to be seen again. That just left the 4 of us.

The 2nd half was a much more even affair but Rising ran out 6-1 winners helping their chances of getting into the play offs.

Overall it was a very entertaining evening. I believe that they have another game there tomorrow night against Windsor so if you are interested in going please check to see if is on before going.

So I returned to pick the girls up who had a very good evening. For those who want to know the bingo callers name was Elsie Crumpet, Class.

How was that HR and Bernie?

Enjoy

3 hours ago, Curtis said:

Or could be more of an opportunity for smaller clubs to knockout bigger clubs?

Personally I would have fancied our chances in extra-time & penalties against Grimsby, rather than the midweek away replay.

Penalties are a lottery and the chances are stacked in favour of the full time clubs and players.

Replays are guaranteed income and exposure for the smaller clubs.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Penalties are a lottery and the chances are stacked in favour of the full time clubs and players.

Please clarify for me, are they:-

1. A lottery

or

2. Stacked in favour of the full time clubs & players

I can’t see how they can be both.

2 hours ago, Curtis said:

Please clarify for me, are they:-

1. A lottery

or

2. Stacked in favour of the full time clubs & players

I can’t see how they can be both.

Both.

A lottery because it's possible for any side to win.

For obvious reasons a full time side will have an advantage over a part time side. 

13 hours ago, bonjour said:

Overall it was a very entertaining evening. I believe that they have another game there tomorrow night against Windsor so if you are interested in going please check to see if is on before going.

Pretty sure that game has been moved to Uxbridge FC

14 hours ago, bonjour said:

So I returned to pick the girls up who had a very good evening. For those who want to know the bingo callers name was Elsie Crumpet, Class.

How was that HR and Bernie?

Enjoy

Have to say I'm a bit gob-smacked that you're asking me what I thought of your write up Bonjour.

It's another very entertaining and eye-opening account for me of football at a much lower  non league level.

I find it hard to believe that there is a real club called " Rising Ballers Kensington", but sadly can believe all too easily that the drag compere was called " Elsie Crumpet." 😄

Also another great article from Brighton Rebel on the club website which will appear in tomorrow's match programme.

Spot on as usual.

I thought when we beat Taunton recently that any suspensions incurred from then on were going to be carried forward to the start of next season?

We know Taunton's goalie Dan Lavercombe was sent off against us, but it seems he was suspended from playing in their game last night v W-S-M.

And finally just a couple of video clips that hopefully will appear ok at the bottom of this post.

Both about the latest FA Cup replay decision.

The first is an ok one from Marc White on Sky Sports News talking about the decision, the second is a much shorter but spot on one I think  from our friend Spencer Day of Farnborough.

I think this time Spencer is talking total sense.

I'd be totally in favour of non-league teams boycotting the FA Cup next season, if only that could be arranged.