Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ASHFORD TOWN 1- 0 CAMBERLEY

Tel

Thought you probably deserved it on the balance of play and for dominating the 1st half although bar hitting the post you didn't really look like scoring.

Thanks. That was a tough game. I'd have settled for a point before kick-off. We had quite a few shots on goal, but most were too close to your impressive keeper Oneal Garnes, who I understand has been snapped up by a team from a step higher. I can believe that.

I can't believe tonight's ref, Craig Kissi, who blew for half time after 39-and-a half minutes and was adamant he was right, despite protests from the terraces, and possibly his 'linos', until we heard ten minutes into the interval that he'd admitted his mistake, so we had the missing minutes played followed by a change-around for the second half. You couldn't make it up.

Kissi made some awful decisions. A Camberley player was booked for encroaching at a free kick when it was hit sideways at him, and a player from each team got booked for minimal contact, yet Camberley sub Zac Hawker only got a yellow for a potential ankle-breaker on Max Webb. As soon as Camberley's number 7, Sam Slater, complimented Hawker on the tackle, the away team lost our respect, which is a shame, because Camberley played good football when they weren't, erm, feisty and you could see why Camberley were (and still are) title contenders.. In that respect, a 93rd minute 20 yard free kick belter from sub Joe Hughes was karma. The fact there was an unpenalised Ashford hand ball in the build-up once again showed up the inadequacies of tonight's ref.

As for Ashford, a tenacious display, Three wins in a row, seven different goalscorers, no 'filler' on the pitch. The smiles have come back. Long may that continue.

That was a really, really good win and fine entertainment. Camberley are a good side and will be up there this season, so it is to the credit of our lads that they were able to earn the points tonight.  As most people know, I don't get to many games, but if they're all like tonight I might have to start bribing the small person... excellent passing, lots of energy and a really good spirit around the place - on and off the pitch.

An excellent night - here's hoping for more!

Just noticed that Russ 'Damien Lewis' Canderton is only credited with 200 starts before tonight on the first team stats page. Oops! Well done on reaching the half century of starts for us, Russ.

PS - Could we please re-spell the heading of the "Today's Opposition" page in the prog and mention Charlie "Kit and Twitter" Bailey in the club directory before he starts putting starch in the shorts in revenge? 

In reflection to last nights fixture, the referee spoit the evening entertainment blowing up for halftime in the 39th minute. After coming out after the break we played the six minutes before once again the referee blew up for halftime again, a quick turn around this time and part three of the encounter started.

Ashford were really up for it for the first half and must take the opportunities to score when they come, chances came and were not despached. The 3rd half was more even and it took a Joe Hughes special in the time added on period to clinch the game.

Joe has now scored in the last two games with blistering free kicks.

My apologies to Russell for the mistake in the stats, and Swifty "oppo" will be amended for Saturday. Both my fault. Swifty only six goalscorers, Joe Hughes has two. I'm sure Mark would appreciate any other comments on the programme as he's completely new to editing It.

In reflection to last nights fixture, the referee spoit the evening entertainment blowing up for halftime in the 39th minute. After coming out after the break we played the six minutes before once again the referee blew up for halftime again, a quick turn around this time and part three of the encounter started.

Ashford were really up for it for the first half and must take the opportunities to score when they come, chances came and were not despached. The 3rd half was more even and it took a Joe Hughes special in the time added on period to clinch the game.

Joe has now scored in the last two games with blistering free kicks.

Decent summary.  Enjoyed your "3rd Half" comment :)

Good luck for the rest of the season with one notable exception ;)

KROONER last night banter was just a bit of fun, if I'm not at another game (QPR season ticket holder)when we come down to your patch I'll stick a beer on the bar for you

Best of luck for the rest of the season

KROONER last night banter was just a bit of fun, if I'm not at another game (QPR season ticket holder)when we come down to your patch I'll stick a beer on the bar for you

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Dont worry mate always enjoy it with the oppo followers and no offence taken.  Hopefully you can make it to us and I am sure we will enjoy a beer or two :)

So, Joe Hughes sets his stall out as current leading goalscorer! Sorry for my blip. What a superb free kick it was, too!

I wan't meaning to criticise the prog. I understand compiling them can be a labour of love and a thankless task. I know the re-jigged 'team photo' front cover went down very well with those supporters I spoke to. It means the Cove programme, with its distinct cover, would be a collector's item if I hadn't scribbled in it!  :D

Good entertainment last night provided by the players and officials :lol:

Some slick passing from the Tangerines and Camberley got back into the game midway through the "3rd" period and had their best spell...

We finished strongly and overall deserved the win, albeit last knockings...

Just a point to make,after the final whistle it would be nice to clap the lads off after their efforts but we seem to have an onfield pow-wow and then walk to the opposite goal.. some 5 mins or so passed by which time we all headed off home.... :unsure: Shame really....

Good entertainment last night provided by the players and officials :lol:

Some slick passing from the Tangerines and Camberley got back into the game midway through the "3rd" period and had their best spell...

We finished strongly and overall deserved the win, albeit last knockings...

Just a point to make,after the final whistle it would be nice to clap the lads off after their efforts but we seem to have an onfield pow-wow and then walk to the opposite goal.. some 5 mins or so passed by which time we all headed off home.... :unsure: Shame really....

I agree, I understand Ben needs to talk to his team, but it would be nice to clap and cheer the boys off the park. Win, loose or draw!

A good performance by everyone and it was difficult to single out a man of the match. If we can be more clinical in the final third we will make life a lot easier for ourselves.

I must say I have been very impressed with our 3 clean sheets. Defence and midfield working well together! Very enjoyable football and a really good feel about the place.

Ben can't be blamed for the players not leaving the pitch this time! Lol. I am sure even if the lads need a warm down the manager will get them to come over to the gate at the end of the game so we can all show our support for each other as a club. COYT!!!

Archived