Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Looking forward to seeing you at Wimborne Town

DorsetDaveOR

A big welcome to your team and supporters when you visit us on 29th November for the FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round.

We play in the Evostik Southern South and West Div 1 which is a league below yours. We have been doing reasonably well in League and Cup games this year. Like yourselves we have a better away record in the League.

Our club won the FA Vase at Wembley in 1992 . However due to our facilities we didnt get into the Southern League until about 4 seasons ago. You will find our pitch a bit unusual as it slopes from end to end and side to side !!! So tell your lads to bring their ski's along, The playing surface is usually pretty good though otherwise. However in the Local Plan we should have a brand new stadium in 3/4 seasons time as our Stadium [Cuthbury] and surrounding areas are designated for Housing.

Due to budget restrictions we havent been able to sign many top players [except Mark Gamble who is an ex N. Ireland U21 international.] Otherwise its a young team made up of mostly ex AFC Bournemouth trainees and youngsters coming up through the youth system.

We have good support and our Forum is quite active if you have a look on our website  www.wimbornetownfc.co.uk

Although we are out in the sticks actually we are only a few miles north of Poole and Bournemouth. So if anybody wants to make a weekend of it then its worth coming down.

Let me know if there is any info required and will try and help - look forward to seeing you in Dorset.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Directors, Managers and Players Come and Go  - But a Fan is Forever

Nice the hear from you Dave look forward to seeing your multi undulating pitch at least you do not have to contend with a pitch where the athletics club that share our stadium throw javelins on the pitch midweek . Pity the weathers not warmer

Don't worry about the javelins if there's a replay at our place. Would probably be on a Tuesday and the athletics club isn't there that night

Absolutely gutted to be missing this as my Nans sister was from Wimborne and it's a lovely place and promises to be a cracking away day,hopefully we can get through and get another decent day out.

I will be in the arsenal end at West brom that day as getting paid to take 8 gooners up there

What beers do you stock dave? And can I order a couple of lapel badges?

Isn't Wimborne cider country? I drink both btw

In answer to paokman our bar manager tells me " I don't think we have any lapel badges in stock currently, sorry.

Beers - Draught: Ringwood Best, Fosters, Kronenbourg, John Smiths"

We usually have various burgers and pies on the go - not to mention a tearoom where you can get Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and Bovril

With regard to the post about Cider Country - well thats really a bit farther west into Somerset.

There's a demand building for badges Dave, got any secondhand ones some of your fans might like to donate?

As an expression of goodwill perhaps?

How near is it to Blandford? Badger brewery do nice ales and ciders, I particularly like Applewood, drink it in the Ship & Shovell by Charing Cross

This is the link to our Magpies Forum where there are posts about our forthcoming fixture with you. Hope some of our lads can help you with the queries posted here which I havent answered already.

http://www.wimbornetownfc.co.uk/wimborne/forum/index.php?topic=295.0

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Directors, Managers and Players Come and Go - But a Fan is Forever

Entrance prices for League games are Adults £9.00 ; OAP £5.00 ; Under 16 £2.00 . Presume are same price for Cup games.

Yes you can access the clubhouse before entering the ground. However you have to get to the Tea Room and Burger Hut by going into the ground first. This is because the doors between the tea room and the rest of the clubhouse are locked otherwise people could get in for free. But you can get back out to the clubhouse if necessary as a there is a Steward on duty at a door to let people back through if you show your ticket.

There are toilets at the far end of the ground but would suggest the ladies in particular use the ones in the clubhouse.

At half time there is free access between all areas

With regard to the question about the capital of Paraguay - the Answer is Ascuncion. From Hornchurch to Ascuncion it is 6355 miles and from Wimborne it is only 6248 miles - but I wouldnt fancy an away game there !!!