Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th February - Match Thread

As at 12.45 I have been advised of the following postponements:

Prem

Badshot Lea  v  Guildford City

Knaphill  v  Frimley

Raynes Park Vale  v  Epsom

Westfield  v  Horley

Div One

Banstead  v  CB Hounslow

Chessington & Hook  v  Sandhurst

Farleigh Rovers  v  AFC Croydon Athletic

F/T Alton 7, Ash 0

2-0 at h/t. First twenty minutes of second half Ash dominated but didn't really create any real openings.  They fell away badly late in the game.

what a game at Krooner Park.

Camberley dominated the first half however within 25 minutes they were 2 down !  A superb effort bought them back to 2-2 and it was such a shame for us that the 1st half didn't go on for another 5 minutes.

2nd half was much more even.  2 great challenges denied Camberley early on in the half and some wayward finishing cost Windsor in the later period. 

2 performances worthy of mention.

I thought the ref did really well in what could well have been a tough game and also to the Windsor Keeper.  Not the tallest and I reckon we fancied causing him issues with balls into the box but to his credit he dealt with every cross he should.  nice enough to take a compliment at the end too.

Great to see Hayden again today as well and sorry mate I just couldn't go through with it !!

Bedfont & Feltham 0 Worcester Park 1 (T.Costelloe)

(ATT - 19)

Bedfont were the better team on chances and should have won the game to be honest they hit the crossbar twice. Worcester will be very happy to knick all 3 points with a very well taken header late on.

Bedfont played L.Graig on the right wing not sure about that but he did play ok and linked up well with the right back C.Vanterpool who normally played right midfield in his Southall FC days. J.Ward was superb at the back and gave nothing away and his defensive partner S.Sanders is a interesting character he did some superb defending and some very poor/clumsy defending but he seems a big character and im sure he is a good player for banter in the changing room.T.Thomas made a great save towards the end of the game. J.Pinnock had a good midfield battle with Worcester's J.Cheesman and T.Neale worked his socks off upfront for Worcester. The little bald Worcester Midfielder (Alan wright Look ie like :D ) never gave up and never stopped running all the game.

Bedfont & Feltham will be kicking themselves that they didn't at the very least get a draw today.

what a game at Krooner Park.

Camberley dominated the first half however within 25 minutes they were 2 down !  A superb effort bought them back to 2-2 and it was such a shame for us that the 1st half didn't go on for another 5 minutes.

2nd half was much more even.  2 great challenges denied Camberley early on in the half and some wayward finishing cost Windsor in the later period. 

2 performances worthy of mention.

I thought the ref did really well in what could well have been a tough game and also to the Windsor Keeper.  Not the tallest and I reckon we fancied causing him issues with balls into the box but to his credit he dealt with every cross he should.  nice enough to take a compliment at the end too.

Great to see Hayden again today as well and sorry mate I just couldn't go through with it !!

You old softie Kroons!

I just wish the referee had an abhorration with his watch and finished the first half at 40 minutes. It was bad enough conceding one before half time but the second gave me the sort of feeling that the second half was going to be a nightmare for us.

From my totally biased position, I thought that it was one of the most enjoyable games of football I have seen for a very long time. Two teams going at it from the off and doing their best to play on what was not the best surface for free flowing football. Camberley are very well organised and I was impressed with their work rate and work ethic. The referee controlled the game well and cautioned players when it was necessary. He also did his best to play advantage where possible and still go back when the ball went out of play to deal with an earleir infringement. And all this talk about them being a long ball hit and hope side is well short of the mark. They mixed play up really well and we had to be at our best to keep them out.

Good people at Camberley and if Windsor can't get promotion this season then I hope Cambo do it. In fact anyone but those whinging, arrogant and nasty bunch of chavs who play near Hampton Court.

[F/T Alton 7, Ash 0

2-0 at h/t. First twenty minutes of second half Ash dominated but didn't really create any real openings.  They fell away badly late in the game.

Totally agree Kenda, but we'll take anything we can at the moment.

Well Played Alton fully deserved....not said much on here this season but after today all i can really say its EMBARRASSING

Looks like the Ash chairman made a good call.. 7-0?!

That's 18 goals conceded in 3 games. I know they're building for next season but any hopes of promotion have well and truly gone.

building what for next season ?its this season that counts not next season, that sounds to me like someone is trying to blag a managers job,who is the manager and where did he come from ?

building what for next season ?its this season that counts not next season, that sounds to me like someone is trying to blag a managers job,who is the manager and where did he come from ?

They do seem to be struggling at the moment. I believe the new manager is linked to the Army. He is new to the CCL so he hasn't developed the kick and run style yet and he needs to shout at his players more. These last 3 results have all been away and they tend to play much better at home because the pitch resembles a patch of no mans land. They have one thing going for them in that they have fulfilled all their fixtures so far. Things can only get better.

Edited by Stanley Wainwright

Duncs, just what I heard when they held a meeting with the new manager and players. Wants a more community feel with the army involved.

With regards to the pitch, it is shared with badshot lea, ash youth team and Sunday teams so gets plenty wear and tear. Agree at times it has been shocking but groundsman has done his best considering the circumstances.

Villa 2-1 Wood - Report here - http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/collierswoodunited1874/301423/Matches/report/5691010

Only consolation was I drew my own ticket out to win £60 in Villa's excellent 50/50 draw.  :ph34r:

Well that and numerous beers.  :)

Duncs, just what I heard when they held a meeting with the new manager and players. Wants a more community feel with the army involved.

With regards to the pitch, it is shared with badshot lea, ash youth team and Sunday teams so gets plenty wear and tear. Agree at times it has been shocking but groundsman has done his best considering the circumstances.

The army have their own teams,where are all the local lads,Ash has always been a breeding place for young talent,this army thing has been tried so many times the problem is the players are not as good as we are led to believe and they can't play every week,we tried it at Frimley Green (when we had loads of people who wanted to play for the club SW ) and to start with they were keen as mustard but when they couldn't make the 1st team one by one they drifted away.

The army have their own teams,where are all the local lads,Ash has always been a breeding place for young talent,this army thing has been tried so many times the problem is the players are not as good as we are led to believe and they can't play every week,we tried it at Frimley Green (when we had loads of people who wanted to play for the club SW ) and to start with they were keen as mustard but when they couldn't make the 1st team one by one they drifted away.

Totally agree. The standard I saw down there wasn't good enough and results are showing that.

On a different note, Eversley looking decent. Expect a late charge from them.