Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th February - Match Thread

You old softie Kroons!

I just wish the referee had an abhorration with his watch and finished the first half at 40 minutes. It was bad enough conceding one before half time but the second gave me the sort of feeling that the second half was going to be a nightmare for us.

From my totally biased position, I thought that it was one of the most enjoyable games of football I have seen for a very long time. Two teams going at it from the off and doing their best to play on what was not the best surface for free flowing football. Camberley are very well organised and I was impressed with their work rate and work ethic. The referee controlled the game well and cautioned players when it was necessary. He also did his best to play advantage where possible and still go back when the ball went out of play to deal with an earleir infringement. And all this talk about them being a long ball hit and hope side is well short of the mark. They mixed play up really well and we had to be at our best to keep them out.

Good people at Camberley and if Windsor can't get promotion this season then I hope Cambo do it. In fact anyone but those whinging, arrogant and nasty bunch of chavs who play near Hampton Court.

Interesting. I thought Camberley were pretty horrible to watch, very reliant on the long hoofed ball.

Having to play on a bog of a pitch totally uncondusive to a passing game may well have something to do with that of course. As might the physique and individual attributes of the playing personnel at their disposal.

Personally, I would not want to watch that every week.

That said, fair play to them - I watched similar football when I first started going to see Reading every week back in the 80s under Ian Branfoot and was delighted at the success we had under him.

Interesting. I thought Camberley were pretty horrible to watch, very reliant on the long hoofed ball.

Having to play on a bog of a pitch totally uncondusive to a passing game may well have something to do with that of course. As might the physique and individual attributes of the playing personnel at their disposal.

Personally, I would not want to watch that every week.

That said, fair play to them - I watched similar football when I first started going to see Reading every week back in the 80s under Ian Branfoot and was delighted at the success we had under him.

Should have said hello Rother :)

It is interesting views.  Both our chances in early part of the 2nd half were from us breaking from the back at pace and playing the ball the entire length of the pitch on the floor.  As I said earlier 2 great tackles prevented goals.

On the other hand I never saw Windsor play from the back,  100% of the time the ball was in the keepers hands he smashed it up the pitch.  And interestingly both your goals came from balls hit over the top of the full backs :)  However as you say difficult to play a flowing game on our lovely pitch.

Just goes to show how we all have different views on the game :) 

I wouldn't recognise you I'm afraid! We'll have to start posting up pics of ourselves on here!!

Actually yesterday was the 1st game this season where we have not played out from the back at every opportunity. I would say, no exaggeration, 4 in every 5 times the ball is in the 'keeper's hands he will distribute to the back 4.

Yesterday, having even less height than usual up top, the long ball must have been the chosen tactic because of the pitch. Too much concern over making a Horlivka with the ball stuck in the mud... Our coach, Tony Thompson was getting very frustrated in the 1st half about us claiming the 2nd ball. He explained after HT that we knew we were not going to win 1st ball but we HAD to be sharper onto the 2nd ball.

And yes, of course there were times when Camberley played it along the deck - but it wasn't very often. If the 2 goals came from those moves, why not do it more often??

Good luck. I do think Molesey are the strongest team I've seen but would rather Cambo win the League to be honest.

Horlivka = Horlicks....

Edited by Rother

The army have their own teams,where are all the local lads,Ash has always been a breeding place for young talent,this army thing has been tried so many times the problem is the players are not as good as we are led to believe and they can't play every week,we tried it at Frimley Green (when we had loads of people who wanted to play for the club SW ) and to start with they were keen as mustard but when they couldn't make the 1st team one by one they drifted away.

You cannot knock an Army man over his fitness as they are trained for war and their survival not football (and rightly so). The limiting factors are football ability and speed. If they not have this to CCL level to start with then it is goi ng to take time and chances are that not all the players are going to be at the same level at Battalion/Regiment level just like a youth team when it moves up to mens level. Army teams always seem to use the same one tactic as well. If all players had to play with an army back pack on they would be world beaters. Note to Ash Secretary get this rule in for next season. Chances are you will get 2 or 3 to CCL level but not the whole team. If they were any good at football they would have been spotted already and playing higher up the pyramid.

Edited by Stanley Wainwright

No post from any Windsor supporters last week though. Looked all week to see if they'd give us any credit for our victory there last Saturday, yet nothing.

Good point at Camberley this week and a few postings. Interesting.

I don't think hanging on our every word is a great idea.

But if you insist we were shite last week and you were marginally better.

You cannot knock an Army man over his fitness as they are trained for war and their survival not football (and rightly so). The limiting factors are football ability and speed. If they not have this to CCL level to start with then it is goi ng to take time and chances are that not all the players are going to be at the same level at Battalion/Regiment level just like a youth team when it moves up to mens level. Army teams always seem to use the same one tactic as well. If all players had to play with an army back pack on they would be world beaters. Note to Ash Secretary get this rule in for next season. Chances are you will get 2 or 3 to CCL level but not the whole team. If they were any good at football they would have been spotted already and playing higher up the pyramid.

Played against a British Army side at Aldershot Arena for a rep side and we won 4 2 we were 4 1 up at half time i got a hatrick and Gareth smith got the other,in the 2nd half we couldn't get near them they were amazingly fit but only managed to score once more,after the match we spoke to some of the players and they said if you were any good and got into the army side then you were treated like a pro,their whole career was spent training for and playing football around the world and certainly not playing for Ash or Frimley Green.

I've just received an e-mail from someone at yesterdays Dorking game.  Their comment was that Dorking looked very good going forward but suffered in defence, which the score-line must tend to reflect.

Oh well  -  Only another season and a quarter before we get back to Meadowbank.  I've almost forgotton not only what it looked like, but where it is !!

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

Bedfont & Feltham 0 Worcester Park 1 (T.Costelloe)

(ATT - 19)

Bedfont were the better team on chances and should have won the game to be honest they hit the crossbar twice. Worcester will be very happy to knick all 3 points with a very well taken header late on.

Bedfont played L.Graig on the right wing not sure about that but he did play ok and linked up well with the right back C.Vanterpool who normally played right midfield in his Southall FC days. J.Ward was superb at the back and gave nothing away and his defensive partner S.Sanders is a interesting character he did some superb defending and some very poor/clumsy defending but he seems a big character and im sure he is a good player for banter in the changing room.T.Thomas made a great save towards the end of the game. J.Pinnock had a good midfield battle with Worcester's J.Cheesman and T.Neale worked his socks off upfront for Worcester. The little bald Worcester Midfielder (Alan wright Look ie like :D ) never gave up and never stopped running all the game.

Bedfont & Feltham will be kicking themselves that they didn't at the very least get a draw today.

How do Clubs survive at this level,crowd of 19,not even enough gate money to pay the Officials.Remember it was 4th v 3rd in Div 1.

How do Clubs survive at this level,crowd of 19,not even enough gate money to pay the Officials.Remember it was 4th v 3rd in Div 1.

Some might ask WHY we bother to survive Smudge?  :(

Even a couple of seasons ago, DFC were having to dip into reserves just to pay the officials.

I don't think it's getting any better now.