Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lewis Putman

Has returned to Oxhey Jets FC.

On his day a top player.

Home is where the heart is.

I wonder if a few more old Oxhey boys may return to the club over the summer.

He always finishes the season there, my guess is that he won't start next season at Oxhey though. He needs to pick the right club next year and stick with them.

Not sure if any of the other old Jets players will return, or be allowed to, by club president John Elliot, who slated a lot of the ones that left and vowed to never let them return while he's in charge.

Was told that Putman was on the bench for Barton Rovers on Saturday and that led to his departure. Dont know if this is true though.

I see Oxhey Jets lost this eve anyone know if Putman played?

Edited by Savagebee

Putman not the sort of player who would like sitting on the bench, he loves the game. He'd play every day if he could! Unfortunately he was unable to help Jets to a win,  but he was overheard after already trying to sort out what club he'll be at next season.

Does seem strange, that Barton put him on the bench with his scoring record.

I can always remember the season he scored 70 odd goals, when they played us, Luton Town sent down a scout to look at him. When asked "which one is Putman" he was pointed out to him. Lewis had a fag and a can of redbull in his hand. The scout went home before KO. Lewis scored 3 that day. If only !!

Edited by OD's

Everyone has got that sort of story about Putman. For me, that's worse from the scout than from the player. Doesn't take much to get him on board and take the ciggy/beer/red bull out of his hands and encourage him to do the right things. I'm convinced he could score goals in league 2/1, would probably need to do a few weight sessions first, mind.

Everyone has got that sort of story about Putman. For me, that's worse from the scout than from the player. Doesn't take much to get him on board and take the ciggy/beer/red bull out of his hands and encourage him to do the right things. I'm convinced he could score goals in league 2/1, would probably need to do a few weight sessions first, mind.

Not a particularly stand out record from his shortish time at Aylesbury United. How did he do at Barton goals to games?

Not a particularly stand out record from his shortish time at Aylesbury United. How did he do at Barton goals to games?

He got 6 in 14 at AUFC, which wasn't to bad, but only 1 in 8 starts and 1 sub appearance for Barton.

Edited by leedsedgware

He got 6 in 14 at AUFC, which wasn't to bad, but only 1 in 8 starts and 1 sub appearance for Barton.

6 in 14 southern div 1 is not bad I agree 1 in 8 is being benched form I would say, but looking at that and what Aylesbury fans said (admittedly they feel they didn't see best of him) I can't think he'd be anywhere near pro standard. Is he any better than Craig Hammond? who did very well at Southern perm for a time but didn't do it beyond that, not sure where he is now though....

Edited by Winslow Boy

Got to have the right attitude as well four clubs in one season? Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmn.......

Putman at Step 4 level is a different class when he wants to be. I really enjoyed watching him play for us.

Dont think he is good enough for football above Step 2 level or he would have done it by now.

If he stays at one club for the whole season next year he'll be fine. I'd back him to score 40+ in the Southern Prem easy. Chopping and changing teams wouldn't have done him any good this season. I think he was just flattered by the interest and chased the money a bit.

He'd definitely be wasted at Jets, the discipline has gone there since coach Tony Moore left. Everyone at the club loved his training sessions, but I'm hearing only a few turn up these days and they're also struggling to get the same team out each week. 

Got to have the right attitude as well four clubs in one season? Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmn.......

Putman at Step 4 level is a different class when he wants to be. I really enjoyed watching him play for us.

Dont think he is good enough for football above Step 2 level or he would have done it by now.

Realistically his chance has gone now, but I genuinely think he'd score goals at pro level. That injury off the back of his 80+ goal season was very unfortunate timing. 

Was told Dunstable Town were offering Putman £300 a week when he left us dont know if that was true though.

I just wished Putman had stayed with us for the whole season as i think we would have made the play offs if he had.

I liked Putman and was looking forward to seeing play against us on Saturday.

A nice guy and a great player on his day goodluck to the guy.

With the same decent players around him week in, week out, his day could be every day. Like it was a couple of season ago. Next season will be big for him. 

How are Ian Bywater and Tom Inch getting on? Still flying the Oxhey flag in the Southern prem?