Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Frome

3spirit

Best of luck to the boys today for the last home game of the season.Gutted I can't attend,was looking forward to it.

Great news on Warren Harris and Adam Foulser. Roll on pre-season ! 

Due to other commitments down here, this is one of he very very few I can make. Will be leaving the sunny Cotswolds in an hour or so. Come on you Rebels.

While I'm stating the obvious we really need to sort our defending out from set pieces next season. I hate to think how many we've conceded. Maybe we should have a little sweep as one of our pre-season activities when it's quiet on here. 

While I'm stating the obvious we really need to sort our defending out from set pieces next season. I hate to think how many we've conceded. Maybe we should have a little sweep as one of our pre-season activities when it's quiet on here. 

I think it all ties in with the fact that we really haven't had a leader at the back this season. Someone to organise at set pieces and give a rollicking if someone doesn't do their job.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Poor pitch and gusty winds made it hard to play, thought our players tried hard to cope.

We were the better team in the first half but dropped deep defensively in second half which invited pressure.

Chris motm for me.

Can't make Dorchester game so roll on the summer and the pre season games.

COYR

Number 6 for frome today was prime example of what we need. He was an experienced centre back where 90% of what came over went straight back

Have to disagree here. I think a big slow cumbersome centre back is fine for the league below, but at this level strikers seem to be nippier and more skilful. I think an agile and more nimble defender (foulser in his prime) is what we are missing.

Pretty average game that clearly meant more to one side. We probably edged the first half, and they looked better in the second. Very strong wind and poor pitch were a factor I'm sure. Ed Smith mom for me. 

Excuses, did the wind and poor pitch only affect us then ?

If we hope to do well next season we have to beat teams like Frome .

bit frustrating 2nd half after our bright 1st half we, I guess inevitably with it being end of season, seemed to fade and the team who onus was on to get point/s showed a lot more energy and urgency towards the end. after Smithy missed an early chance 2nd half which you would put money on him putting away with ease yet went for a throw we never looked like scoring again.

i know quite a few, particularly those who won't be getting to the last away games were a bit put out with the fact pretty much ever player strolled off at ft without any sort of appreciation to the fans despite it being the last home game of the season.

hopefully the team can still go out and get 2 last good results to end the season on a high. make no mistake we will need to be up for it on Tuesday with Banbury fighting for their lives and the added factor of the whole situation in original game.

bit frustrating 2nd half after our bright 1st half we, I guess inevitably with it being end of season, seemed to fade and the team who onus was on to get point/s showed a lot more energy and urgency towards the end. after Smithy missed an early chance 2nd half which you would put money on him putting away with ease yet went for a throw we never looked like scoring again.

i know quite a few, particularly those who won't be getting to the last away games were a bit put out with the fact pretty much ever player strolled off at ft without any sort of appreciation to the fans despite it being the last home game of the season.

hopefully the team can still go out and get 2 last good results to end the season on a high. make no mistake we will need to be up for it on Tuesday with Banbury fighting for their lives and the added factor of the whole situation in original game.

Sorry you felt that Mr Rebel, to be fair it is something we always get the players to do home and away, and I know myself and Jon both were on the half way line clapping the fans, however nobody seemed to be paying attention and didn't see anyone clap back, and we actually felt a little embarrassed by doing it... I think the fact that Frome turned us round so that we were going the other way affected it, as usually we come down the tunnel where everyone congregates, however I think everyone was spread around the ground this time, or walking back...

However apologies, but I know myself and Jon did and I saw a few players at least do the same....

Cheers

Bakes

Saw it exactly as Bakes described there. Similarly, because we were shooting away from the shed many of us disappeared through the gap in the fence to where the cars are parked rather than go over to the shed end. 

Sorry you felt that Mr Rebel, to be fair it is something we always get the players to do home and away, and I know myself and Jon both were on the half way line clapping the fans, however nobody seemed to be paying attention and didn't see anyone clap back, and we actually felt a little embarrassed by doing it... I think the fact that Frome turned us round so that we were going the other way affected it, as usually we come down the tunnel where everyone congregates, however I think everyone was spread around the ground this time, or walking back...

However apologies, but I know myself and Jon did and I saw a few players at least do the same....

Cheers

Bakes

wasn't a massive issue and didn't want to make a big deal of it really. just thought it was worth noting and perhaps even this was part the reason your gesture of applause wasn't acknowledged as much as it probably should have been

not for a minute did I personally think the players really did it on purpose or anything as you say the way we were shooting etc had a factor and really the fact the game for us petered out a bit didn't help from the players side of things or the fans.

in the moment maybe the fans weren't totally thrilled with having only drawn albeit with a team fighting relegation and I am sure some of the players were similar perhaps.

been highs and lows this season but it shouldn't be forgotten that overall it was all about survival and we have done just that with lots of lessons learned hopefully to build on