Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chesham United v Enfield Town 4th Qualifying Round FA Cup 24/10

waggamick1

No matter how bad your team plays its the referees BIG decision making which can determine a final outcome of a fixture and if the referee becomes the talking point then he has had a shocker.

The ref booked 9-10 players in total Saturday, that's a sign of weakness as it wasn't a 9-10 booking game. Well Corey's and Harry's bookings were laughable.

The second penalty appeal was the one which I personally can not accept from the ref. Harry was charged, elbowed with the use of excessive force, don't know how on earth he gave a free kick against Harry. That decision like it or not and not the 3 at the back, not we played badly, not cos Tayshan or Bobby were left out, cost us in the end, we would of been the wiser with home advantage and a replay.

Let's hope we take all these frustrations and smash Hendon good and proper

It was a penalty though Nowhere Man wasn't it ?

Not in my opinion it's shoulder to shoulder which is still legal despite some of the poor interpretations of it at the top level. I wouldn't have given it nor would I have cautioned anyone.

Just to play devil's advocate if both those decisions had been given AGAINST us I wonder how many posts on this forum would be saying "Never a penalty" and giving the official the same abuse?

Ultimately we didn't play well enough.

Just seen the video..Regarding Corey's 'pen' i would say that it would have been given 6-7 times out of 10 by other refs..If the incident had happened outside the box, then about 8 times out of 10..To book him for diving was a very poor call from the ref.

The Ottoway 'pen' was a stonewall penalty and should have resulted in a booking or even a red for the chesham defender..To give the foul against Ottoway was a very poor call.

It's good to see so much traffic on this board for a change. It's also good to have a different opinion to Corey's penalty from someone who has refereed in the past but I would disagree with you all day long that that was a fair shoulder barge. What do they teach you at referee school !

Its all about opinions and healthy debate is a good thing, its when it gets personal that problems occur. The posts on this thread bear this out you have people voicing different views on the same incident (doesn't mean either side is right). Get 20 people in a room and show them clips of challenges and ask them what if anything they'd give. (YC RC FK Nothing) I guarantee that you'll have differences of opinion on most of the incidents. (This happens at training seminars so I speak from experience).

As you said,you disagree with my appraisal of what I've seen and nothing will change our opinions so we agree to differ. Its so long since I passed my course I can't remember what they teach.

Just seen the video..Regarding Corey's 'pen' i would say that it would have been given 6-7 times out of 10 by other refs..If the incident had happened outside the box, then about 8 times out of 10..To book him for diving was a very poor call from the ref.

The Ottoway 'pen' was a stonewall penalty and should have resulted in a booking or even a red for the chesham defender..To give the foul against Ottoway was a very poor call.

Totally agree Edited by NowhereMan

Its all about opinions and healthy debate is a good thing, its when it gets personal that problems occur. The posts on this thread bear this out you have people voicing different views on the same incident (doesn't mean either side is right). Get 20 people in a room and show them clips of challenges and ask them what if anything they'd give. (YC RC FK Nothing) I guarantee that you'll have differences of opinion on most of the incidents. (This happens at training seminars so I speak from experience).

As you said,you disagree with my appraisal of what I've seen and nothing will change our opinions so we agree to differ. I got taught that's it's a physical contact sport.

Just watched the above clip a few times and I (as a qualified ref) would have given the Penalty both times for use of the elbow in the challenges.

There may be mitigating circumstances with regard to the first offence given the fact that the players were running away from the ref and his vision of the event may have been obstructed or his angle may have given the impression that there was no contact.

The second event was clearly a Penalty given the overt use of the elbow by the defending player.