Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brentwood - Match Fred

Tally Ho

Brilliant, the perfect time to score, but what a tense nail-biting affair! That's two 90th minute winners Claudiu Vilcu has scored this week. Well done and thanks to that man, for clinching us maximum points, and well done to Town on holding their nerve and getting over the line. Be very interested to read the comments from Towners at the match today. Think this win has probably lifted us into the top ten. Keep it going guys!!

Should've been out of sight by HT and lucky to have all 3 points by the 90th minute.

We mustn't fool ourselves though, our bench today was Parcell, Hayden Smith, Da Cruz, Lowen and Wynter. Who out of them would replace a starting X1 player on ability? Some would argue they aren't really up to Ryman Premier level, although first thoughts on new lad Lowens ability on the ball is a good one.

We are sixth, 6 wins from 7, but mustn't be complacent, we need to bring in players who can give us the right back back up and cover for loss of form or injuries in what I see as Bradley producing miracles with a skeleton squad

Tyler,Hayden-Smith,Lowen .ect..starting as subs.I would say that was a pretty strong bench..Why no Samir again yesterday? After a good performance.he invariably misses the next game.We have many players who can play in various positions,so don't feel our squad is that light on cover.

Claudio has been immense recently.Mcdonald looks solid as ever in goal.Harry's work-rate and consistancy up top is invaluable and bobby and corey looking to be getting back on form.Stanley had a poor second half by his standards yesterday.Think Lowen did enough to earn a starting place for the next game.Looks to be just what we were missing in midfield.

Whatever is said,our run to the end of the season will be with the current squad members.If they play to their potential every game ,we will make the play-offs with room to spare.If we go through another one of our inconsistant spells at any stage ,we will finish mid-table. Interesting times.

We could be just four points behind Dulwich on the same games played IF we win next weekend at Champion Hill...

A big ask to go to Dulwich and win but Brad's team won at both Margate and Maidstone last season...

A massive game for both clubs

It is a massive game, I'd personally take a draw before KO, but as ColdEnd states two 3-0 away wins last season at Margate and Maidstone shows Brad is not overawed by anyone.

Pointless looking back, however, IF we had held on to our 2-0 leads v Billericay Merstham (v 10 men no keeper for 40 mins) and Hampton we'd be 7 points better off (joint top) and not to mention our start to the season.

19 games of consistency and we have a play off spot for the taking.

Brentwood was my first home game for a long time and it seemed to take a familiar path. We played well in the first half and, as Enfield United says, should have been ahead by more than just the 1 goal.

My only thoughts based on the games I have seen Ottaway play live is that he should score more goals than he does, given the chances he makes for himself. Devyne looked sharp throughout and I doubt there are many better front 3's in the Ryman Premier than Ottaway, Devyne and Whiteley (with any of those interchangeable with Tyler-Campbell). We are a force going forward.

I thought Lewin made a difference when he came on and I also thought it was a good call by the manager to make the substitution early. Livings didn't look happy when he was sub'd but it seemed to me that he hadn't followed whatever match instructions he had be given. Ottaway was left isolated a couple of times after scrapping and winning the ball, but nobody made a run to support him. Perhaps Quinton felt that Livings wasn't making the runs he had been told to. Not good enough at this level - everybody needs to work for everybody else.

Second half we were poor, which seems to be a recurring theme. The conditions were not good but Brentwood dominated for the first 15 minutes and fully deserved the equaliser. I don't know what happens to us at half time. Change of tea bag needed?! Other than the Devyne 1 on 1 shortly after Brentwood equalised, which he should have taken, we created no clear cut scoring chances. Vilcu's header on 90 minutes to win the game was tough on Brentwood, who deserved a point.

I've got one more game before I'm out of pocket again. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the squad players get a runout in the league cup against Wingate.

This squad is strong enough to make the play-offs. It will be our away form that determines if we make top 6 or not. Saturday's match against Dulwich will be a good indicator of where we stand.

I have to agree with EU here. The bench is currently consisting of young players and kids and when you have an inexperienced first X1 playing as it is that is worrying because they invariably are inconsistent. The squad really isn't too far away but if I was BQ right now I'd be looking to bring in some experienced heads to improve the squad for the second half of the season. It's there for the taking, look at what we did last season. Just make sure if we do sign any we spell their names correctly!

We have plenty of quality and bodies up front and in midfield. We are extremely short in defense and haven't brought in cover for the injured Lockie and Gabriel. At present the only option that we have is Parcell . We need a couple of defenders in quickly if the run is to continue.