Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vs Bideford (A)

staines_rebel_Jr

We play bottom of the table Bideford next followed by second bottom Bedworth.

We should be targeting 6 points from these games ahead of a couple of tricky fixtures. 6 points would also take us to a total of 45 points which could see us "safe". In a combined 58 league matches this season, Bideford and Bedworth have a combined 36 points, which is 3 less than our current total.

We need to forget the disappointing result from Potters Bar yesterday and hopefully get some of our players back to fitness soon before our busy February and March.

Also since we only have the league left to concentrate on do the managers (or anyone else) have a targeted points total to aim for?

Not sure I'd get your hopes up on this one. They had a game postponed last night due to waterlogged pitch and there's more rain in the forecast including a yellow weather warning. Of course I'm hoping it's on for the sake of the players not having to go there on a Tuesday.

Im down here in the West Country and its rained last three days  and rain is "highly likely" in Bideford area  for the next 3 days so there has to be some doubt about this one I hope it goes ahead as the Bideford manager has been in the local press commenting on the loss of two key players with short term injuries picked up in the draw with Leamington I cant see the point in setting a target at this stage of the season It would be expected that  the team would start every game with winning  in mind and aiming for the optimum final points total

Found this info about the coach on another site:

The wheels on the bus go round and round,
round and round,
round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
all day long

The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish;
Swish, swish, swish;
Swish, swish, swish.
The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish,
all day long...........................

Hope this was of help. :bolt: 

Team news is on the main site, including the loan signing of Stoney, since I sent the article Warren broke down in training with a groin strain and is doubtful for tomorrow now.

Great to have Stoney back, as he's class but bit surprised with the timing of it, as didn't think the left back spot was so urgent an area to strengthen now we have Jhai there.

For me I would like to see both of them in the team but a formation change would need to happen, given the form of 'Putts'. Meaning a 3-5-2.

Having watched Bakes and Unders teams and how they prefer the 4-4-2 line up, just can't them see them doing anything else other than Jhai warming the bench, which seems harsh on him but at least it offers us a very good player for cover on the left as a substitute and of course makes our squad stronger.

I may be wrong on this, though !

Funny enough seeing that Wazza is out of the frame for tomorrow and that 'Gary' Gokman may not be ready, we could put Putts up front, given his goal scoring form, with Lee Barney and move Charlie Mpi out to right wing.

Thus putting Jhai on the left wing with Paul Stonehouse at left back and keeping our 4-4-2 shape.

As we're playing Bideford and Bedworth in the next couple of games,4 points is a realistic but 6 points must be the target but as we know playing relegation threatened teams is never that easy.

Anyone know if the Tom Williams signing is shelved now?

Great to have Stoney back, as he's class but bit surprised with the timing of it, as didn't think the left back spot was so urgent an area to strengthen now we have Jhai there.

For me I would like to see both of them in the team but a formation change would need to happen, given the form of 'Putts'. Meaning a 3-5-2.

Having watched Bakes and Unders teams and how they prefer the 4-4-2 line up, just can't them see them doing anything else other than Jhai warming the bench, which seems harsh on him but at least it offers us a very good player for cover on the left as a substitute and of course makes our squad stronger.

I may be wrong on this, though !

Funny enough seeing that Wazza is out of the frame for tomorrow and that 'Gary' Gokman may not be ready, we could put Putts up front, given his goal scoring form, with Lee Barney and move Charlie Mpi out to right wing.

Thus putting Jhai on the left wing with Paul Stonehouse at left back and keeping our 4-4-2 shape.

As we're playing Bideford and Bedworth in the next couple of games,4 points is a realistic but 6 points must be the target but as we know playing relegation threatened teams is never that easy.

Anyone know if the Tom Williams signing is shelved now?

Great to have Stoney back with us but must admit bit surprised as we are well covered on the left hand side.

Stoney is coming back from a spell on the side lines through injury and as you say 3spirit with Warren breaking down in training perhaps players can be shuffled about to accommodate him.  

If Putts is to go down the middle instead of on the left we will certainly miss his crossing. 

We are waiting on Tom's international clearance still, he trained with us again last night, as mentioned in the preview for Tuesday, he is training with us to get fit, and if the situation arises where he is available and we need him then he will join the squad.

With regards to Stoney we always said if the option to sign him again came up we would take it, he is a great lad, good character and will have a big impact on the changing room for what is effectively over a third of our season we have left.

We are waiting on Tom's international clearance still, he trained with us again last night, as mentioned in the preview for Tuesday, he is training with us to get fit, and if the situation arises where he is available and we need him then he will join the squad.

With regards to Stoney we always said if the option to sign him again came up we would take it, he is a great lad, good character and will have a big impact on the changing room for what is effectively over a third of our season we have left.

Cheers Neil. Good luck for tomorrow.

Great news on stony a classy player to have back in the team.

3Spirit as the managers have said recently they have one eye on next seasons squad line up as well.

Archived