Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MP OFF TO HORNCHURCH

Theodopolous

We all knew that he had left but I hadn’t seen where he went... still not seen club announce that he left and thank him for his service which is disgusting ( if I missed it I apologise ).... GCHQ must be proud of the secrecy surrounding our club... I see Wingate are another to announce all squad members resigning ...

I think the club needs to get a grip of the in's and outs of the playing squad.Too much turnover.Not enough information.The bond between playing squad and fans is important.

Also the official website ,although visually impressive is not simple or clear enough to navigate.Latest club news should always clearly dominate the main page.(Like the back page of a newspaper if you like).Fixtures and latest club news should be on full view without the need to click on anything.To much going on and too many options on the main page currently.

I think I said this last year. PR is certainly not one of our strengths. 

However, regarding the movement of players. After a recent conversation with someone out side the club, but extremely knowledgeable about the the financing of football clubs including non-league ones,  I have to admit I am now more sympathetic to those charged with running clubs like ours. The amounts of money being spent by certain clubs, even in our league, is quite staggering.  The source of this finance is  often questioned.  Lay people can only guess.

It has made me accept that unless we have a successful run in the two major cup competitions and increase our revenue we will always struggle to retain our best players. As things stand such extra finance, even with promotion,  would hardly be sufficient to sustain one season in one of the National leagues. 

That said, I still agree fully with the contents LS's previous post. To even stay as we are it is essential that members and supporters have to be kept in the loop on a regular basis rather than alienated. 

Evening all, hope you are all well. Have to say it’s a sad case of affairs when I have to rely on the fan forum for team updates and not official news from the club itself.

I have heard that Aaron Greene has also gone, to Bishops Stortford I believe. (I read it on their website, however if there’s two Aaron Greene’s and I have it wrong, I apologise).

Any news on who might actually be staying? 

11 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Same situation as Mark Kirby.

I am still waiting for an official announcement from the club thanking him for his service.

Poor from our club I.m.o.

If I missed it then I apologise.

Agree totally WR. I've mentioned elsewhere that I thought it was really bad that Mark left with no official  'thank you'. Then Liam left a second time in the same way. Mickey going in the same way suggests a pattern of lack of recognition of players the supporters actually relate to.

I can see it a bit of an embarrassment Mickey leaving his home club.... not 100% sure but I imagine he had a chance to follow Brad to Braintree for more money but stayed loyal which makes a lovely change these days so I’m supposing he never left this time for the money but for footballing reasons which the majority of supporters will understand .... yes it would be nice for the club to do things properly and connect with the supporters especially at a time membership and season tickets are due but if they did that I would have less cause to moan  on here which sadly I enjoy.....

I mentioned this time last year that there were murmurings on social media from some players that they did not enjoy playing under AL. Now it seems that members of the squad are voting with their feet - Micky, Aaron, Joe, MJ....and I'm sure we'll eventually hear about others.

I still think AL will be gone by Christmas - when the Board finally grow some balls.

We don’t know for sure why Mickey left but my friend is a big Tonbridge  supporter and seems to know everything that goes on there,he told me that there best defender Arthur Lee was offered terms to play for them next season in the conference south but turned them down for the chance to earn more money playing at Hornchurch next season, it seems they are going to be the money team next season and could possibly explain the decisions of some of our players moving there

Archived