Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New League Sponsor - Bet Victor

Fat Tom Daley

2 hours ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/betvictor-sponsors-the-isthmian-northern-premier-a-57695

Going to be great advertising to stop players betting on the games hey? 

Agreed. Players or officials betting on games is discouraged and anyone who is caught is banned and potentially prosecuted. So who sponsors the league ? A f**king betting company.

Shameful imo.

1 hour ago, blackballed said:

Sending out all the wrong messages.  I bet we can't change it ..... ?

I bet you're RIGHT !

I'm sure we had to add a betting company to sponsors page on websites year before last. 
My recollection is that Dulwich Hamlet tried to refuse, even offering to make a monetary contribution to offset the loss of sponsorship but I think they had to carry the advert in the end.

2 hours ago, MikeMike said:

I'm sure we had to add a betting company to sponsors page on websites year before last. 
My recollection is that Dulwich Hamlet tried to refuse, even offering to make a monetary contribution to offset the loss of sponsorship but I think they had to carry the advert in the end.

That's always going to be a problem when you have a Pitchero site, you have very little control of the content.  If you didn't add the Betting.net link yourself, Pitchero just added it into the footer anyway whether you wanted it or not.

Rightly or wrongly we just ignored it (having moved off Pitchero) and nobody seemed to care, though with BetVictor being the league sponsor I suspect we're going to have to carry something on the website this time around.

I didn't think I'd say it but I'm now envious of the Scottish Challenge Cup - recently re-branded as "The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup".

On 08/07/2019 at 22:06, andydick said:

That's always going to be a problem when you have a Pitchero site, you have very little control of the content.  If you didn't add the Betting.net link yourself, Pitchero just added it into the footer anyway whether you wanted it or not.

Rightly or wrongly we just ignored it (having moved off Pitchero) and nobody seemed to care, though with BetVictor being the league sponsor I suspect we're going to have to carry something on the website this time around.

I didn't think I'd say it but I'm now envious of the Scottish Challenge Cup - recently re-branded as "The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup".

Yeah, it was Pitchero, the no-cost option :)
Was sometimes frustrating when trying to do something clever but satisfying when I worked out a way.
I liked the databasing so that multiple people could update from anywhere to spread the load but sometimes made keeping a consistent style difficult.
One of the things Bostik wanted could only be done on the paid options so I suggested to the league that Bostik paid for the upgrade so we could comply - the requirement went away :) 

5/1 now

My Guess is that big bazza has lumped on at 16s

Archived