Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Close call

urchinman1961

Never going to be much between the 2 teams and the odd goal settled it in a match where both sides cancelled each other out not bitter at all but it is what it is, nice ground and set up special mention to the Urchin support even after the whistle,phenominal 

A touch of deja vu as 1st v 2nd twice in 5 days and the home side in 2nd win 1-0 to go top. 

Although Horsham managed many half chances there didn't seem too much trouble for Joe Wright to deal with. 

Of our own chances although fewer in number they were a bit more dangerous and if any had gone in we'd probably have had the 1-0 instead. 

Essentially it could have gone either way...sounds like Tuesday (not that I was there mid-week).

Horsham just happened to be the ones who managed to bundle it over the line.  So I guess we can't complain - even though I thought we'd nick it. We did look vulnerable on our left flank but player absences didn't help.  Both teams will be in the mix at the end of the season.

As UM61 says, excellent support from the Eastside throughout - well done men.  The acoustics from that little stand in the first half were amazing (interestingly not so good in the second half).

And I liked the ground.  They've spent their Queen Street money wisely (unlike many others who sold their town centre properties to pay off debts)... and they still have a few bob in the bank so will be a force for many years to come.

For a defeat it was a pretty good day out.

We’ve taken on two of the best sides in this league in under a week and I think the first game took its toll on us. Don’t think that injuries helped either. Definite weakness left hand side first half which I felt was dealt with second half. We had our chances as well. Was that Jamie Southon’s managerial debut at this level? Did okay if it was

Like the new ground, Horsham have done well there and I can’t remember being applauded by the opposition players before! 

Oh well, time to move on from this, well done to Horsham 

I wasn't at the game but to tak 22 points in 10 games is a good start considering that the team have had several injuries to contend with.

If this tally is repeated to 40 games that's 88 points and play off form and above so pleased so far with things.

Let's hope the lads keep going and we can keep being the 12th man

Up the Urchins

Archived